Week 7: Genoa vs. Milan (Saturday, October 5, 2019 19:45 CET)
Game day tomorrow. I'm getting excited because I wanna watch the team play, but i'm afraid I'll just be disappointed again.

The truth is that we haven'y been good, but it's also true that 2 of the losses should not have happened the way they did.
-Torino - leading and controlling tempo of game only to lose our heads and concede twice in 4 minutes.
-Fiorentina - gave up 2 goals on terrible loss of possession by Calhanoglu. 2 PKs, 1 red card. Self distruction, basically.

I know I am fishing for positives, but let's be fair...key incidents have gone against us. Some were players' fault, some Giampaolo's fault for choosing said players.
But the team has to keep working and at the very least eliminate these swlf inflicted mistakes. Make the opponents tmdo something. Apart from the Inter game where we were outppayed, the rest of the games were decided by freak incidents/lapses. The Udinese game was just trash all around, but it was the 1st of the season so whatever.

I'm hoping Giampaolo will find the right formula. I don't like that he switched to a 433. I also don't like that coaches get something wrapped in their head and they are not willing to try/innovate different things. For example, I don't believe for a second that Biglia/Bennacer can't play together. Bennacer is more then capable of playing further up the field. He's shown that before and he is showing it with Milan now. Playing 1 of them, does not have to exclude the other.
I also don't like that there is this idea of "Suso must play". We have even switched the formation for him, and he is still incapable of performing.

I'm hoping to see those changes tomorrow, but I don't know. I think Suso will play again. I think the question is going to again be Biglia OR Bennacer, rather the a question of how to make them work together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Week 7: Genoa vs. Milan (Sunday, October 5, 2019 19:45 CET) - by nefremo - 10-04-2019, 04:47 PM