Milan vs. Lazio 4/24/19
(04-24-2019, 09:49 PM)nefremo Wrote: Sack Gattuso and make the CL, they'll be heroes.

This is what I'd attempt but it may look bad for the next manager coming in so he'll likely get the sack after the season
Sack Gattuso tonight, and Leonardo taking over for the remaining league games to save the season
There are many issues. There is no suitable candidate available now. Anyone that comes in will be a caretaker and what's worst, the players will know that. It's not as easy giving orders when the people taking them know you'll be gone in 5 weeks.
It's a loss-loss situation. Unless there is a situation like with Roma's EDF when the players turned on him and they jist wanted a change for their own sake, then it's difficult. I don't see that situation in Milan's locker room. Not yet at least.
It's a risk either way.
Best case scenario Gattuso manages to bring back some solidity and we scrape away some wins. Forget about good football. That's not happening. I'm just talkijg about ugly wins against the likes of Torino, SPAL, Bologna, Frosinone.
At this point I agree Gattuso is making a lot of costly mistakes. The way we were set up today was a disaster, and it won Lazio the game.

However, to me the main problem is not the coach, but the squad. We have only a handful of players who are reliably good: Romagnoli, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Bakayoko, Paqueta and Piatek. The rest of them are too inconsistent or just not good enough. At this point I'm assuming we're not going to make it to the CL, which means that Bakayoko won't stay, and he is going to leave a massive gap in our midfield that we won't have the money to fill.

The situation is fucking dire, to be honest. Our owners have all the money we need, but due to FFP they can't spend any of it. The one chance we have of making it out of this hole is by qualifying for the CL, but that ship is about to leave without us, which is a joke considering the position we were in before the derby.

At this point I really don't know what to say anymore. I am sooo tired of being disappointed and hoping that by some miracle next season will be different. I am tired of players lacking the spine to carry the shirt. I am tired of coaches who don't know what they're doing. And most of all I am tired of Milan being a joke, a team of also-rans.

Fuck this shit.
Creating nothing. That was a massive game tonight. We would have been in a final. Hope we do not blow a CL place.
Kessie is no better than Berto, Muntari, etc. Can a different coach can get more out of him and use him more wisely? Yes may be but Kessie is not a 4-3-3 player and whatever we played today (3-4-3 or whatever) made no difference, why? cause two of the 4 are primarily FBs, on paper it might look different but on the pitch it was irrelevant.
I dont know why changing to 4 midfielders but two of them are FBs. thats so out of the box. maybe he lost it on purpose so we can focus on last 5 games..
Calabria left San Siro on crutches. He will have tests in the coming hours to understand the extent of his injury [Sky]
I am desperately moaning for Sarri to replace Gattuso. I can't see anymore of it. We can't really comeback after going 1 goal down , can't score more than 1 goal, just passing-passing everytime mostly back or sideways.Gattuso you are our legend you was really a good player but as a manger, No! Please resign for the sake of Milan. I don't want your image to be deluded.  Sad
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Someone get the cigarettes ready