Atalanta vs. Milan 2/16/19
(02-17-2019, 04:00 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I still like Inter to finish fourth

I don't mind if they do. I really want the best possible Italian representation in Europe. And no matter how you look at it, Italy needs a strong Milan, Inter and Juventus. Yes, Roma/Lazio/Napoli are known names and have represented decently...but they just don't have the fan base and the potential to bring big revenues and reputation to the league.

With Milan and Inter being in the CL for a couple of years in a row, we'll again see an influx of big name players signing for Milan/Inter.  Roma/Napoli have been in the CL regularly im the last few years, and there is still no way that they can sign a big name for example. They just don't have the pull/history/financial potential to do so.
(02-17-2019, 04:50 PM)xudong Wrote: Why do you prefer Inter?

because I'm not convinced with Roma
(02-17-2019, 04:53 PM)nefremo Wrote: I don't mind if they do. I really want the best possible Italian representation in Europe. And no matter how you look at it, Italy needs a strong Milan, Inter and Juventus. Yes, Roma/Lazio/Napoli are known names and have represented decently...but they just don't have the fan base and the potential to bring big revenues and reputation to the league.

With Milan and Inter being in the CL for a couple of years in a row, we'll again see an influx of big name players signing for Milan/Inter.  Roma/Napoli have been in the CL regularly im the last few years, and there is still no way that they can sign a big name for example. They just don't have the pull/history/financial potential to do so.

while this is true, I'll never support Inter
(02-17-2019, 04:55 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: because I'm not convinced with Roma

Their last season performance in UCL didn't convince you? They are still in UCL this season.
(02-17-2019, 04:57 PM)xudong Wrote: Their last season performance in UCL didn't convince you? They are still in UCL this season.

I'm not convinced they'll finish top four.  They're doing great in CL
Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting Inter in anything. But it's hard to deny the fact that Italy is better represented with Inter and Milan in the CL then wuth Roma and Lazio.

Xu....it was good for Italian football....but as I said in that last paragraph above....they'll need many more of those to have the pull of Milan and Inter on the international scene.
(02-16-2019, 11:08 PM)xudong Wrote: Lazio and Roma won't lose this week, as they play weak teams, but we are firmly taking the fate in our own hands.

So far, we own H2H against both Roma (2-1, 1-1) and Atalanta (2-2, 3-1). Another key match would be against Lazio, but we will play at San Siro (first game 1-1), so that should be an advantage to us. Smile

This season is looking better than the previous ones. About time. Smile

Lazio just lost. If we can win against all the teams outside of top 7 then we would definitely get into top 4. 

Roma is inconsistent, Inter is having problem with Icardi and bad form. We have a very realistic of reaching 3rd.
Very true Nefremo. We need MERDA as pacemaker in and for the champions league. Italy needs both Milan teams in the competition.Napoli and Roma in the Cl are doing more bad than good. Its time that Milan clubs get back where they belong.
Yep, Lazio dropped points as well, so we've opened up a 4 point lead on both them and Atalanta this weekend. To be honest, regardless of Roma's result on Monday this feels like a really significant round for us. Points aside we have now shown that we can pull out that extra quality on an individual level to win big matches, even when playing badly. It's been a long time since Milan was that kind of team.
(02-17-2019, 05:32 PM)artand Wrote: Very true Nefremo. We need MERDA as pacemaker in and for the champions league. Italy needs both Milan teams in the competition.Napoli and Roma in the Cl are doing more bad than good. Its time that Milan clubs get back where they belong.

Roma has at least had some good history. They almost became the fourth Italian team to win European Cup. They were at home (I believe) when lost to Liverpool in the EC final 35 years ago through PK shootout. The same antics by different generations of crazy Liverpool goalkeepers  (Grobbelaar & Dudek Angry). Napoli on the other hand is at least one level below. They have never made it to the final eight in EC/CL.