Milan vs. Napoli 1/29/19
Great display today. Apart from the 2 Piatek goals, we didn't have any other great opportunities, but overall we defended very well and used the ball very good when we had it.
Napoli for their part didn't create anything from open play. They only ever looked like scoring from corner kicks...especially the couple in-swingers from Goulam.

The entire back line was massive today. Another great display by Romagnoli. Great leadership by him too. But it wasn't just him as everyone pulled their weight. Musacchio had a very good game too.

Bakayoko....what can you say!? Just a couple months ago we were all saying that he needs to go. Fast forward to today and he has probably become the most important player in this team. An irreplaceable part of the midfield.

Paqueta was good again. As a matter of fact, today's game was probably the best for him in a Milan shirt. It's good that he keeps improving.

Kessie was dreadful in the first half. As a matter of fact, at one point, I am absolutely certain he had given the ball away more times that he actually completed a pass......and we were in the 30th+ minute of the game. He got better as the game went on and actually ended up playing a decent 2nd half.....but again, these displays are simply not good enough.

Piatek....deadly. Let's hope this guys stays this clinical for the rest of the season.
I wish we played on Saturday like this.
(01-30-2019, 11:54 AM)artand Wrote: I wish we played on Saturday like this.

I think the game from Saturday helped our players to have a little more confidence, allowing the performance of yesterday. In 3 days, we drawed and beat the 2nd best team of the league.

Perfect result to still get more confidence before the Roma game. If we beat Roma, the way leading us to the 3rd/4th position will be written, and our players will be, finally, full of confidence.

Let's not forget our best run last season was end of December => March. Then we collapsed, but because we used so much energy during these 2-3 months. With no Europa League, a better squad overall, we could finally do it again, without the collapse at the end of the season.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !