Juve vs. Milan 1/16/19
result aside, how was no39 doing ?
Yes, the Matuidi foul on Calabria was almost an exact copy of the one Kessie did. I also thought that tackle on Conti in the box should have been reviewed. Emre Can basically unbalanced Conti with his tackle and dragged Conti down. Yes, he then blocked the ball, but it doesn't negate the fact that he slid down making all sorts of contact with Conti to begin with. Either way...we didn't deserve to win. Juventus was better than us for the entire game. Having said that, they didn't really have any great open opportunities.

On to our own players, I kind of already commented on Kessie in the Transfer Market Thread.....but I'll just make a quick comment here. The guy is garbage. He is terrible. Absolute trash. BY FAR the worst player on the field from both teams. He's been playing like this for the entire year now, while last season he was SLIGHTLY better (but not much). Why is he held in such high regard is above me. Why he is always in the starting 11 and playing 90 minutes in every single game is beyond my understanding. I simply don't get it. Technically, he is trash. Can't control the ball, can't pass the ball, can't create opportunities, can't play out of pressure, etc, etc, etc. BUT, you would say OK...maybe he can impose physically and help others around him win possession and at least make it tough for the other team's midfield to play. But NO. This is not the case. He is missing from the game completely. And even if he does win possession here and there, it's pointless because the ball goes nowhere.

Calhanoglu was terrible yet again. He had that great assist against Sampdoria, but that's about the only thing he's done in months now. Today, he was back to his old self....which by the way is not good.

This Milan is not Milan. These players (Kessie and Calhanoglu as well as some others) are (were) expected to be the cornerstone of this new Milan....but the fact of the matter is that they are simply average to below-average players. This is what they'll always be. Until we stop putting the trust in players of this quality, we will not return to the elite. We have invested a lot of money...but it seems like we've invested in the wrong players. As an example, Calhanoglu and Kessie will both cost us almost 50mil when it's all set and done. In contrast, Juventus got Douglas Costa for less then 50 mil. Which would you rather have? My answer is simple and without much thought. I'd gladly give up these 2 to have a winger like Costa in our side.

I hope that Leonardo and Maldini change the course here. There were rumors that there was a disagreement between Gattuso and Leonardo a couple months ago because Leonardo didn't see Kessie as a key player here and was open to his sale...whereas Gattuso fought that. I am 100% with Leonardo. Now it seems the same is happening with Calhanoglu. Again, I am 100% with Leonardo.

On Gattuso....with each passing game, it is more and more clear that he has a lot of work to do as a coach. I hope he gets there, but I don't want Milan to be side where he learns things. Here, we only need coaches that are ready and not ones that are learning. I mean, this side does nothing. It's so rigid and basic. There is ZERO dynamics in terms of exchanging of positions. There are ZERO combination plays. Example, Calhanoglu starts on the left, stays on the left, ends the game on the left. On the other hand, you see Dybala ALL OVER the field. It's so easy to mark Hakan in this way. You always know where he is going to be, and you always know where his runs will be. It's fucking predictable. We keep the ball, but we only do when we are not pressed. Most of the passes are sideways or backwards and when we probe forward, there isn't enough movement. There is no imagination. It's almost as if the players aren't allowed to be creative because they all have a certain role, a certain space they have to be in. It's slow, boring, predictable, and absolutely terrible. On top of that, the substitutions are more often then not puzzling. For example, today, not that Paqueta was great, but he was by far better and more useful than Kessie (shit, I was more useful than Kessie and I was drinking beers on my couch)....yet Kessie stays on for 90 minutes. How is this possible?
(01-17-2019, 04:22 AM)nefremo Wrote:  For example, today, not that Paqueta was great, but he was by far better and more useful than Kessie (shit, I was more useful than Kessie and I was drinking beers on my couch)....yet Kessie stays on for 90 minutes. How is this possible?

I was reading and nodding to ur post in agreement until i got to this part.. fuck.. this is just legendary.. i burst out laughing so hard and so long.. i ended up forgetting ur whole post and had to re-read again..
Fully agree with you Nefremo. Nothing to add. We keep saying the same things, no one listens. And we keeps falling in a free fall. At Devilsmania we were discussing with other members how great would be seeing Maldini or Leonardo joining the staff, yet, no shit changed. The problems are beyond that it seems
(01-17-2019, 06:02 PM)artand Wrote: Fully agree with you Nefremo. Nothing to add. We keep saying the same things, no one listens. And we keeps falling in a free fall. At Devilsmania we were discussing with other members how great would be seeing Maldini or Leonardo joining the staff, yet, no shit changed. The problems are beyond that it seems

Whats devilsmania url?
Devilsmania.com

Unfortunately none of the members post there anymore
Gattuso suspended for one match cause he went wild during this game.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Doesnt make much difference if he is on the bench or not