Summer Mercato 2019
(06-18-2019, 12:59 AM)porcho Wrote: Not convinced by Hakan as a mezzala. But that's just me.

I also wouldn't want to see Cutrone being sold but I get the reasoning for selling him.
I'm thinking purely on the pitch.
Cutrone/Piatek or Cutrone/Silva(depending on him actually hitting some form) could work well.

but selling him for 35m is 35m pure profit.

i just feel like we should be able to sell Suso and Gigio for almost complete profit

I'd rather sell all of them
(06-18-2019, 01:11 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I'd rather sell all of them

Even Cutrone? You don't rate him? I don't think he'll become the next Inzaghi but I think he'd be hard to replace. Plus, works hard and is still young
(06-18-2019, 01:40 AM)porcho Wrote: Even Cutrone? You don't rate him? I don't think he'll become the next Inzaghi but I think he'd be hard to replace. Plus, works hard and is still young

Yep.  I rate him but I want him to play.  Piatek isn't going anywhere and I don't see Cutrone getting much time.  It'd be good for both parties.  We get the cash and he gets the start
I'd love to keep Cutrone as the 3rd striker. He is hungry and brings plenty of fight and heart to the game when he enters from the bench. He is also a good finisher in the box. He does lack some of the tools of an elite striker, however he is only 21 so plenty of time to round up his game.

The problem?....times and football have changed. 15-20 years ago, 21 year olds that weren't ready to be starters were happy to get minutes off the bench and keep improving. Keep learning from the "masters" on the field. Nowdays, 20 year old kids get to play some minutes, they score some goals and immediately think they should be starting for Milan. They pout on the bench and take their frustrations to social media. Don't want to sound like an old fart, but it's absolutely the truth.

My point is.....if Cutrone doesn't mind starting the season off as Piatek's deputy, then I'd keep him for sure. But if he isn't happy to do that, then there is no reason to force it and we might as well get the cash for him. I think he could go for 30mil being 21 years old and one of the top Italian talents of the past couple of years.

Do I think he will turn out to be a World Class striker??? I'm not so sure which is why i'm willing to cash in on him. But it's really so hard to tell. Inzaghi at Cutrone's age was playing for Serie C and Serie B sides, scoring similar amount of goals that Cutrone is scoring in Serie A. Different times, different world, I get it. But the point is that it's just too early to pass judgement on Cutrone.

So if he's willing to be a rotational striker and back up Piatek for the time being, then keep the kid. But be honest with him and he needs to be honest with us. If not, he can go. No problem.
Cutrone wasn't good last season. I know he came off the bench quite a bit. I don't think he's going to improve much being a third striker though. It's possible but I think he'd be better off playing for a mid-table team where he can shine
Are you suggesting we loan him? Or sell him?
(06-18-2019, 02:31 AM)nefremo Wrote: Are you suggesting we loan him? Or sell him?

Sell.  30m will go a long way towards FFP.  The sooner we get out of FFP the better
Fair enough.
We also need to replace him though. So we would have to think about who we can get as a replacement and how much that money will then really help in terms of FFP.
(06-18-2019, 02:43 AM)nefremo Wrote: Fair enough.
We also need to replace him though. So we would have to think about who we can get as a replacement and how much that money will then really help in terms of FFP.

Get a young prospect for half the price
(06-18-2019, 02:49 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Get a young prospect for half the price

How much would Kouame cost?