Summer Mercato 2019
(06-03-2019, 02:07 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: It's crazy we're linked to players without a manager

yep. It is silly season after all...

Here's the list without the rumoured players and without players that are supposedly/potentially leaving...

--------------------------------------------------reina/plizz-----------------------------------------------

conti/calab.------------caldara/mussacchio--------------roma----------------------------RR/Strinic

-----------------------------------------------------Bilgia---------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------kessie(?)-----------------------------bonaventura------------------------

----------------------------------------------------paqueta-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------cutrone/silva(?)-----------------Piatek/Borini-------------------------------

Question marks over whether Silva and Kessie aren't also on the Sell list.
I left Silva in there because he was on the original line up but I'd be surprised if he's not sold.
Kessie... we'll see.
(06-03-2019, 02:16 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Sensi & Tonali playing together in the midfield is like a poor man's Verratti & Jorginho

Still better then Kessie & Biglia..... Sagrin

Anyway, Porcho, with all the sales you have listed, building that squad would not be an issue at all (money wise). I believe you can buy those players (Andersen, Rui, Tonali, Sensi and Praet) for about 100mil. The sales of Donnarumma, Suso, Calhanoglu, Castillejo and Laxalt far exceed that.

The interesting thing is....that team is actually more tactically suited to the players we have and if Giampaolo can get everyone in order to do their role.....it can be a better team then what we had this year. The weakness of that team is definitely up top though while there is obviously some unknowns in the midfield as well. I think we need a better support striker then Borini/Silva to make this work. Piatek and Cutrone can be the #9 for sure. But they'll need better support from the support striker and I just don't think Borini/Silva guarantee that. NOW, you insert a big signing there instead 1 of Silva/Borini (since none of the others really are, so this can be our big market hit), and we could be in for a great season.
(06-03-2019, 02:28 AM)nefremo Wrote: Still better then Kessie & Biglia..... Sagrin

I very much want to see Sensi & Tonali playing together
(4-3-1-2) Plizzari; Calabria, Romagnoli, Caldara, Rodriguez; Sensi, Tonali, Bonaventura; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek

That's my preference given links etc. but I'd replace Rodriguez with someone better (Rui isn't better) and I'd replace Cutrone with a support striker (not named Silva)
(06-03-2019, 02:28 AM)nefremo Wrote: Still better then Kessie & Biglia..... Sagrin

Anyway, Porcho, with all the sales you have listed, building that squad would not be an issue at all (money wise). I believe you can buy those players (Andersen, Rui, Tonali, Sensi and Praet) for about 100mil. The sales of Donnarumma, Suso, Calhanoglu, Castillejo and Laxalt far exceed that.

The interesting thing is....that team is actually more tactically suited to the players we have and if Giampaolo can get everyone in order to do their role.....it can be a better team then what we had this year. The weakness of that team is definitely up top though while there is obviously some unknowns in the midfield as well. I think we need a better support striker then Borini/Silva to make this work. Piatek and Cutrone can be the #9 for sure. But they'll need better support from the support striker and I just don't think Borini/Silva guarantee that. NOW, you insert a big signing there instead 1 of Silva/Borini (since none of the others really are, so this can be our big market hit), and we could be in for a great season.

100%

(06-03-2019, 02:33 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I very much want to see Sensi & Tonali playing together

So do I

(06-03-2019, 02:42 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: (4-3-1-2) Plizzari; Calabria, Romagnoli, Caldara, Rodriguez; Sensi, Tonali, Bonaventura; Paqueta; Cutrone, Piatek

That's my preference given links etc. but I'd replace Rodriguez with someone better (Rui isn't better) and I'd replace Cutrone with a support striker (not named Silva)

Pretty much this.
If the Budget allows. i'd love a better replacement for Bonaventura also...
So sell off RR, and have Bonaventura and Cutrone as backups.
(06-03-2019, 02:51 AM)porcho Wrote: If the Budget allows. i'd love a better replacement for Bonaventura also...
So sell off RR, and have Bonaventura and Cutrone as backups.

Interesting you say that because Bonaventura's contract expires next summer.  We could probably get 25-30m for him.  I do value him though so we'd need a significant replacement.  I just don't think the budget will allow us to do such
I like it. I'd leave Reina in goal though.

Tonali = 25...........(Milan fan and highly attainable for us at that price)
Sensi = 13+Locatelli........(easily attainable)
Emerson Palmieri = 25.......(said he is staying at Chelsea, but with Sarri gone, I'm not so sure. Not easy, but not impossible either)
Chiesa = 60........(The hardest to get, but money talks. I also think he would welcome the idea of going to a big club. Price is high, and maybe even higher then 60, but again, money talks and this could be our "star" signing)
Praet = 15......(easily attainable. Samp may ask for more money, but nothing that can't be bridged with some players in exchange or bonuses)
Andersen = 25......(same as Praet, although I think the price is right, or even too high)
Muriel = 15.......(was "given away" by Sevilla on loan in the winter. The same could be possible this summer. Still, if no loan, then I think 15mil buys him easily. We also did them a solid with Silva last summer, so they would be inclined to do business with us for sure)

Total = 178

Donnarumma = 70 (this price might be a lot and the reality might be 5-10 mil less....but at the right time, 70mil is normal. If United is interested, then 70mil is a good figure)
Suso = 35 (The release clause is 38mil. Not sure anyone will pay it, but I thin 30-35mil is the right price)
Calhanoglu = 25 (We can sell him for this easily I think. He still has a market and had a strong end to the season)
Castillejo = 15 (Might not be easy to get. Spanish sides will be the market, and unless they are Barca/Real, they don't spend. I think we can get 15 for him though)
Kessie = 35 (11 profit since we owe 24.....I think we can easily get 35 for him)
Silva = 20 (We could hold out for more, but it won't be easy to get it. At 20, we can sell easily)
RR = 15 (Easy sell at this price)

Total = 191

This is a ZERO market in terms of cash outlay, while it also shows a profit for FFP purposes. And, it's a bit of "Ital-Milan" Big Grin

Reina - Calabria/Conti - Andersen/Caldara - Romagnoli/Musacchio - Palmieri/Laxalt - Biglia/Tonali - Sensi/Praet - Bonaventura/Paqueta/Praet - Paqueta/Bonaventura - Cutrone/Piatek - Chiesa/Borini/Muriel

---------------------Reina-----------------.........(Plizzari)
Calabria - Andersen - Roma - Palmieri.........(Conti-Caldara-Musacchio-Lax)
---------------------Tonali------------------.........(Biglia/Sensi)
----------Sensi------------------Jack------.........(Praet/LuPaq)
---------------------LuPaq-----------------.........(Jack/Praet/Chiesa)
-------------Chiesa------------------------.........(Muriel/Borini)
------------------------Piatek--------------.........(Cutrone)

It's a 21 man squad including the 2 GKs, so it's a little thin.....but this is where some of the Primavera boys or some other cheap/free/loan players can come in handy.

7 in - 7 out. Not counting all the deadwood expiring contracts like Montolivo, Bertolacci, Mauri plus the other expiring contracts like Zapata, Bakayoko, Abate.

I believe this team is better, a lot better actually, then what we had this past season and capable of gathering 10-15 extra points easily. I also think Giampaolo will have these guys ticking together as there are no superstars there and no lazy/nonchalant players (ala Suso/Kessie) that are only able to play one side of the ball.
Emerson would be ideal or Biraghi. Chiesa is a pipe dream. Muriel would be a great get though
We're linked to Giampaolo who played 4-3-1-2 and all of you put Hakan in [sell] bracket? This formation may be the only one suited for him. He's played mostly totally out of position, no wonder he's rubbish.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-03-2019, 03:56 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: We're linked to Giampaolo who played 4-3-1-2 and all of you put Hakan in [sell] bracket? This formation may be the only one suited for him. He's played mostly totally out of position, no wonder he's rubbish.

I'm not sure about the others, But I'd put him in the Sell because we could get some decent $$ out of him and I'd rather see Paqueta play there instead.

But I agree that he's played out of position the whole time he's been at Milan