Summer Mercato 2019
(05-15-2019, 02:20 AM)nefremo Wrote: Agree with your thoughts on Bacca, Silva, Kalinic. But Sensi is a very good player. Very underrated. The guy knows how to take care of the ball, passes it really well too with a very good range, is creative and is also very scrappy. For me, he is nothing like Poli both in style and more importantly quality. His playing style reminds me more of a Verratti/Thiago Motta type of style, only that he's got a longer passing range as well....but no, I don't think he is on the level of Verratti/Motta. Just that he plays like them. I wasn't sold either but got a lot of chances to watch him this season and he impressed me greatly. I think he'll add a very good balance to the midfield and will surprise many people.

Pretty much this. Particularly if we get him for 15-20 as is being reported. would be a good addition to the squad.
Pity we still need 2-3 more midfielders after that. we can't play with just Paqueta and Sensi...
One thing for sure, Poli played with balls. He was one of the few players at that time who gave it all in Milan shirt. During Fassone - Mirabelli era, i was hoping that Kucka and Poli stayed for backup. Instead we still got a lazy ass player like montolivo.

I'd trade Kucka and Poli for bertolacci and montolivo right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sensi isn't those grinta type from what i see a couple of times. But i'd choose him over Kessie to be honest. Kessie's just way too raw physical-dependant player, and with another creative player, it'd probably give better chances for our striker
I agree with Karl.. during their time, u can actually see that Poli and Kucka did give it their all and some more.. the thing with someone like Hakan though.. i only started to see him work really hard like from last 1 and half months ago or so.. hence i stopped bashing on him as much.. i dun mind players being off form, but i draw the line at players putting in half-assed efforts on the pitch like Suso.. who got outpaced by 33yr old Kolarov ffs
I think some peoples hesitation with Sensi is that hes the kind of player you ad to an already competent team and at 24 he'll grow and learn from top players,  and get better.He wont have that Milan , he'll have pressure and expectation and need to perform straight away.He also gets away with being inconsistent at Sassuolo like he was this season.He went through good periods bad periods and has been dropped.We need a few high quality midfielders and I dont think he is one yet.Will he handle the pressure,  remember Bertolacci did look very good in Serie A for 3/4 seasons before joining Milan.Im just not sold him on being our major midfield signing.
(05-15-2019, 09:27 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Im just not sold him on being our major midfield signing.

Agree.

As I said, I absolutely think he'll add quality to our midfield and improve our game play.....but yes, he shouldn't be our MAJOR midfield signing. If he is, then we are in for more of the same next year.
lol @ people expecting major signings in our current situation. Better hope we qualify for CL to even have a shot at any major signings
(05-15-2019, 11:25 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: lol @ people expecting major signings in our current situation.  Better hope we qualify for CL to even have a shot at any major signings

Major means the best signing a club for their standing.It doesnt mean spending €100m+ and in our current position we should be doing better than Sensi.Hope that cleared major in relation to Milan.
Maybe the cost cutting measures we thought would happen.

Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis has reportedly vetoed his club’s pursuit of Gremio winger Everton Soares.

Milan sporting director Leonardo appeared to be closing in on a deal for Everton, but Sport Mediaset claims Gazidis has ‘blocked everything’.

The broadcaster speculates that is due to spiralling costs as business with Brazilian clubs is ‘always complicated’.

It also corroborates Corriere della Sera’s previous report that the former Arsenal executive will make a decision on Leonardo at the end of the season.

The Rossoneri could instead go for Nice attacker Allan Saint-Maximin, who is valued at €25m.
Couple of things are clear, and rumour makers will exaggerate it, but fans shouldn't panic imo

- No CL means less money so signings will be cheaper, if we have good scouting and L&M do their job cheaper does not automatically mean worse.
- Gazidis is very much a money guy, he is here to find savings AND improve the club on and off the pitch. The AND is important. Whether or not that's possible is up to him, L&M, and others at the club.
What's the fasination with Saint Maximin , he has 6 goals and 3 assists this season, which by Ligue 1 standards isnt great.Ive watched him a few times since we were linked and hes fast but that's it.Hes quite wasteful in possession holds onto the ball too long and his passing can be abysmal