Summer Mercato 2019
(04-12-2019, 01:44 AM)omer486 Wrote: What are you following? David Neres, Brazilian 22 years old star of Ajax. There's Arthur, 22 ,starting midfielder for Barcelona. Vinicius, 18 years old starter for Real Madrid and even took Gareth Bale's place until he got injured., Gabriel Jesus, 22.... Which Italian young players are starting for the top Champion's League teams?

I've watched Chiesa. He plays much better than Suso. He's fast and skillful. There are also many other wingers better than Suso. No one prefers Suso to Chiesa. That doesn't make Chiesa one of the best wingers in the world!

Fuck.. even Antonio Valencia is a better than SUSO based on consistency.. Chiesa is very good yes.. but he is NOT among the best 5 wingers in the world.. atleast for me he is not.. doesnt change the fact that Chiesa would be a massive improvement over Suso and with a higher ceiling..
(04-12-2019, 06:01 AM)WCmilan Wrote: With all this being said, I went into detail mainly to clarify my last post. I'm not saying Vinicius, Arthur etc. are bad players, but the two main points I tried to get across is that they've proven no more (in my opinion a bit less) than what's on offer in Italy, and that we can't be using statistics alone to rate most these players - especially not young players who are bound to experience inconsistency, injuries etc.

I dunnoe what ur smoking if ur actually comparing Chiesa/Barella with Arthur/Vinicius Jr.. seriously..
Arthur is so good and consistent he is not only making Busquets look average, he makes the guy look average.. i watched alot of Barca games coz my flatmate is a Barca supporter.. Vinicius Jr is the only good thing about Madrid this season.. not only in La Liga, he has also shined in some UCL games.. in Madrid, a team of Modric, Kroos, Benzema and the likes.. and Vinicuis Jr is what get Madrid fans going.. comparing Vinicius with Barella/Chiesa almost makes u delusional bro.. starters of Barca and R.Madrid compared with Fiorentina.. really..?
(04-12-2019, 10:33 AM)SkyEdge Wrote: I dunnoe what ur smoking if ur actually comparing Chiesa/Barella with Arthur/Vinicius Jr.. seriously..
Arthur is so good and consistent he is not only making Busquets look average, he makes the guy look average.. i watched alot of Barca games coz my flatmate is a Barca supporter.. Vinicius Jr is the only good thing about Madrid this season.. not only in La Liga, he has also shined in some UCL games.. in Madrid, a team of Modric, Kroos, Benzema and the likes.. and Vinicuis Jr is what get Madrid fans going.. comparing Vinicius with Barella/Chiesa almost makes u delusional bro.. starters of Barca and R.Madrid compared with Fiorentina.. really..?

Chiesa has been literally carrying his team on his shoulder that hes worthy of NT call-up and so is Barella whos been 'the backbone' of Cagliari. I think you underestimated them by a lot. Their impacts on their respective teams are way bigger atm than Artur and Vinicius, although maybe the latter have more talents.
Guys, any of the upmentioned players would be an immense Upgrade to the players we currently have.just let any of them join us
(04-12-2019, 12:46 PM)edysim Wrote: Chiesa has been literally carrying his team on his shoulder that hes worthy of NT call-up and so is Barella whos been 'the backbone' of Cagliari. I think you underestimated them by a lot. Their impacts on their respective teams are way bigger atm than Artur and Vinicius, although maybe the latter have more talents.

So whose performances was carrying Madrid when Ronaldo left and Benzema was out of form..? Vinicius Jr.. in a Madrid team where the pressure to perform is way higher than that of Fiorentina or Cagliari by miles.. he wasnt even intended for the First Team let alone the starting 11.. even the fans who are fickle minded immediately fell for him.. 

My point is.. carrying a team like Cagliari or Fiorentina on your back is impressive.. yes.. i never said it wasnt.. but to compare with being a regular already at a team like Madrid or Barca which demands a consistently high level performance UNDER pressure is way more impressive..
Vinicius Jr at 18 is doing more than Chiesa who is few years older than him. Vinicius regressing can happen though, under pressure and things like that.
I am not sure I understand the huge praise for either Barella and Arthur, both 22 or 23, not saying they are bad of course.
https://sempremilan.com/corsera-everton-...is-on-hold

Looks like Everton is closer to Milan depending on FFP. Exciting as our wings need an upgrade.

I've said it before but people are too harsh on Kessie. If next year he comes back and his shooting remains poor and over relying on short simple passes, I get the need to sell. We can't forget that he covers so much ground particularly as Suso defensive interest/abilities are limited at best.
(04-12-2019, 10:33 AM)SkyEdge Wrote: I dunnoe what ur smoking if ur actually comparing Chiesa/Barella with Arthur/Vinicius Jr.. seriously..

First off, you can reply in an educated manor and not as impolitely as you did. I'm not smoking anything, but the way you type it seems like you definitely are. Or you're illiterate, you can figure out which one for your homework tonight. 

When I said Chiesa/Bernardeschi have proven more than those players, I didn't state that they're more naturally talented, but they've spent more years in a top league and have had more appearances to solidify the talent they do have, however great or not that might be. One season and 20 or less appearances isn't enough for me to say anyone is a great player. 

The bottom line is that it's simply too early to judge any of these talents, and that yes Chiesa etc. might very well have better careers than Arthur & Vinicius Jr. To be quite honest, playing for a top club comes with the challenges of being able to take on certain pressures and be strong mentally, but having great players around you also makes it easier to shine. Playing at a smaller club like Fiorentina might not be as prestigious but it's certainly more difficult to express yourself as a forward when you're not being passed the ball by Modric. Both of those development routes for a young player has its pros and cons (big club vs. small club when I reference development routes).

Players choose big clubs and the pros are usually bigger pay chqs, better players and technical staff to learn from, exposure and of course with better players sometimes comes more freedom and easier opportunities. The cons are obviously little room for error, one big mistake could send that young players morale and reputation down the drain (Niang's miss against Barca), more pressure and likely a more difficult system to adapt to. The pros of playing for a small club is that there's more room for error, more freedom to grow, opportunity to become a leader and stand out, establish yourself before moving into the big leagues & so on. The cons are obviously less pay, less prestige/exposure etc. There's nothing wrong with a young player developing on either of these paths. I'm sure if either of them continue to do well they will remain or go on to a top club.

It's both Arthur & Vinicus first year playing for these clubs, the way you exaggerate my comparisons is laughable. You acted as if I compared Messi, a well established world class player to these young players. I literally compared two selective groups of talented up and coming individuals that are way too early into their careers to make any sure judgments. I'm more than entitled to my opinion without you bashing my post as if I'm a lunatic for saying what I said. 

I can make a list longer than your vocabulary of players that showed this type of promise and amounted to nothing fyi.
Well, on the one hand, it'd be very easy for arthur, vinicius, mbappe, gabriel jesus, etc. to show their talent, simply because they are in heavily established clubs with world class players around them.

Remember what paloschi looked when he had plenty of world class playmaker behind him? That showed us even a small player can be catapulted high with the right environment.

But, on the other hand, sometimes there are a true game changer like mbappe who can score with solo run. Can vinicius, arthur do that though? Or they just simply looked good because they're catapulted?

I'm not saying the rest of them are bad. I even believe they worth more than 4 borinis played on the field at the same time. But will they work for a smaller clubs with less talented squads overall though?
I Think we have to see this “FFP-comedy” as the ideal opportunity to get rid of average and overestimated players we have now in our squad.. Suso, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Laxalt should be sold, but at the right price.. the other matter concerns players such as Bertolacci, who have very high wages concerning their value..and that was the result of the wrong transfer policy of Galliani, who offered high contracts in order to attract mediocre players..
If we can get rid of such players and by getting a CL spot, we will be able to invest the free funds exclusively in players, who are going to upgrade the squad..