Summer Mercato 2019
I still don't like Gattuso's brand of futball. If we won the Inter game, that wouldn't change my opinion that he is not the right man for the job. He may get that 4th position, but that's not my only criteria for a coach to be really Milan level.

Gattuso is still just the caretaker.
(03-21-2019, 10:59 AM)k7r Wrote: beg to differ, I think Gattuso can increase the scoring chances by simply playing with two strikers, i.e Piatek and Cutrone up front.  Scoring more would mean better winning chances.

1. Two strikers up front
2. A new LB, Rodriguez is not good enough, should've let go of him when PSG came asking.
3. Get someone line Chiesa to replace Suso.
4. Get rid of Andre Silva for D.Costa (he can play as a second striker too).

he was saying 'with current squad'.
(03-21-2019, 02:08 PM)millinarios Wrote: I still don't like Gattuso's brand of  futball. If we won the Inter game, that wouldn't change my opinion that he is not the right man for the job. He may get that 4th position, but that's not my only criteria for a coach to be really Milan level.

Gattuso is still just the caretaker.

we have both Hakan and Paqueta who can play the AMF role. Instead Gattuso wastes them by playing out of position, as LCM and LW respectively. they both underperform there. gattuso insists on that, despite being very obvious that the players are struggling. sequence to that Piatek doesnt get the needed support from the mid. he is left often alone, to do what he could. 
next problem, Gattuso insisting on SUSO. The guy, is simply a story on himself. Selfish, limited left foot, doesnt contribute to our game, doesnt turn back to help out the defence when needed. Gattuso still sees him as Robben's heir. Only he does that, nobody else. 
the next problem is Cutrone. Gattuso failed to manage the young striker in the right manner. before Piatek's arrival, Cutrone was our main man in the attack. Gattuso failed big time to arrange playing space and time for the player. 
Ricardo Rodriguez, anoher player who isnt managed well by Gattuso. He is a player that can contribute to our attack, yet, Gattuso has 'imprisoned' him on not allowing to move beyond the center line. 

Then the issues with Conti and Caldara, injured and bad form. Incognito.

We have a roster, which is suitable to a 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1. 

--------------------------------------Donarumma--------------------------------------

------Calabria----------Mussacchio------------Romagnoli---------------------RR--

---------------------------------------Biglia ---------------------------------------

---------------------Bakayoko------------------Hakan------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Paqueta---------------------------------------------

-----------------------------Piatek-------------Cutrone------------------------------------

0r

-----------------------------------Donnaruma--------------------------------------------

------------Calabria-----------Mussachio-------Roma----------------------RR---------

---------------------------Biglia----------------------Baka--------------------------------

--------Conti/Cutrone---------------------------Paqueta-----------------------Hakan--

---------------------------------------Piatek-------------------------------------------------
I agree with Dr.Dejan and artand.. although as much as i want Gattuso to succeed, he's just not cutting it.. almost every big game we set to play for a damn draw.. even the coppa 1st leg against a severely depleted Lazio that was in inconsistent form while we were blowing everyone away, for no reason we set out to play for a draw.. other than the coppa win against Napoli, every other big game has almost given be brain cancer..

Even during the times we were winning, i was still pointing out abt the insistence of Hakan starting.. sometimes even suso and kessie.. while we had options.. Gattuso needs to understand his role.. he is not there to make friends.. he is there to prioritise the Club and work towards its goals.. Relying on freaking off form players while u have options isnt a sign of good management.. its just plain favoritism..
(03-21-2019, 04:44 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: I agree with Dr.Dejan and artand.. although as much as i want Gattuso to succeed, he's just not cutting it.. almost every big game we set to play for a damn draw.. even the coppa 1st leg against a severely depleted Lazio that was in inconsistent form while we were blowing everyone away, for no reason we set out to play for a draw.. other than the coppa win against Napoli, every other big game has almost given be brain cancer..

Even during the times we were winning, i was still pointing out abt the insistence of Hakan starting.. sometimes even suso and kessie.. while we had options.. Gattuso needs to understand his role.. he is not there to make friends.. he is there to prioritise the Club and work towards its goals.. Relying on freaking off form players while u have options isnt a sign of good management.. its just plain favoritism..

imagine we qualify for the CL next year. we will then play top guns of the league. you meet City or Barca, or Pool or Real Madrid. and Gattuso is your coach.....how will games end .... i just dont wanna imagine the final result Undecided
Napoli close to signing Lozano
(03-21-2019, 05:15 PM)artand Wrote: imagine we qualify for the CL next year. we will then play top guns of the league. you meet City or Barca, or Pool or Real Madrid. and Gattuso is your coach.....how will games end .... i just dont wanna imagine the final result Undecided

That right there is my reason for arguing that Gattuso should be replaced at the end of the season. 

I personally don’t care if he manages to live up to expectations from some fans by getting the team into the top 4 position. It still doesn’t mean that he is a top manager, all it means is that he has done marginally better than Montella did 2 years ago, with a squad worth €245M more than Montella had when we finished in top 6. 

I love the man Gattuso and the player that he was, but I resent his managerial style. He seems weak, tactically lacking and he clearly displays favouritism with his squad selections. Don’t get me wrong, he should be applauded if he ensures that we will be back in the CL next season, but there is absolutely no way that he has proven that he is capable of managing a club at Champions League level. 
We got thrown out of the Europa League in the most embarrassing fashion, and against every top team (bar Napoli in the Coppa) we have looked like the weaker team. We should also keep in mind that both Roma and Lazio has been performing worse this year than last, so it is an easier feat to reach the 4th spot this year. If his name wasn’t Gattuso, I’m willing to bet that he wouldn’t have nearly the same support from some fans that he does appear to have.
As a manager he hasn’t evolved our way of playing since he took over 16 months ago, there is no progress in the way be build up and no intricacies in his tactics. It is still about a defensive mindset, and hoping that our 3 attacking players will pull off something on their own. 

Like you I dread how our team would fare in a match against a European top team under Gattuso next year. It won’t be pretty that is for sure.
You do realize regardless of manager we're likely to get drawn into hard group and lose out in group stage anyways
I pose this question: if not Gattuso then who? Is there someone available who's better and willing to join us? I'm not taking sides. It's a legitimate question
(03-21-2019, 05:52 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I pose this question:  if not Gattuso then who?  Is there someone available who's better and willing to join us?  I'm not taking sides.  It's a legitimate question

That depends what you mean by better, it’s a subjective term. I would be looking for someone who has a clear approach to how he wants to play going forward, not just someone who tries to avoid conceding and hopes for a miracle in the other end.

Obviously I’d first make a go for Conte, and if he would opt for another team, I’d try one of Paulo Fonseca, Laurent Blanc, Simone Inzaghi, Leonardo Jardim or Gasperini.