Summer Mercato 2019
(03-11-2019, 04:34 PM)nefremo Wrote: Nah. Let him go for the 40mil cash release clause. That money will go a long way in getting a replacement in...but moreso then that, it will give us basically a 40mil capital gain to beef up our books since we got Suso for 1mil from Liverpool and the cost is completepy amortized by now.

40mil gain from Suso + the projected 50mil (at least) from CL participation. That's HUGE in terms of our books, basically increasing our revenue (ceiling) 100mil in 1 year.. We could easily go on a 200mil spending spree this summer and still stay in the green (for next year at least).

Yep.  Helps our FFP case
(03-11-2019, 04:34 PM)nefremo Wrote: Nah. Let him go for the 40mil cash release clause. That money will go a long way in getting a replacement in...but moreso then that, it will give us basically a 40mil capital gain to beef up our books since we got Suso for 1mil from Liverpool and the cost is completepy amortized by now.

40mil gain from Suso + the projected 50mil (at least) from CL participation. That's HUGE in terms of our books, basically increasing our revenue (ceiling) 100mil in 1 year.. We could easily go on a 200mil spending spree this summer and still stay in the green (for next year at least).

Suppose we do sell Suso at 40m (38m to be exact, I believe), do we get all in one lump sum? or, by installments? 

Is there any rule saying that if release clause is triggered, it has to be in one payment?
It won't affect FFP, because any thing we pay for other players can be spread for FFP, even if we pay in one lump sum. If that' is what you are calculating. Revenue numbers will not show it directly but for FFP purposes it will work.
Figured this would be appropriate for this thread

https://twitter.com/Susolista8/status/11...32896?s=19

I'm still not against selling him as long as we upgrade but that's interesting nonetheless
(03-11-2019, 06:05 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Figured this would be appropriate for this thread

https://twitter.com/Susolista8/status/11...32896?s=19

I'm still not against selling him as long as we upgrade but that's interesting nonetheless

That is  interesting. As i said, I have no problem at all with his being one-trick pony, because when it works, it can work quite well.
It is his seemingly lack of motivation that bothers me more.
(03-11-2019, 05:51 PM)reza Wrote: It won't affect FFP, because any thing we pay for other players can be spread for FFP, even if we pay in one lump sum. If that' is what you are calculating. Revenue numbers will not show it directly but for FFP purposes it will work.

My question is: if we receive 38 m in one lump sum, all 38m should count as next year's capital gain. if we receive 38 m in 4 installments, 10 m each year, it won't help our next year's financial statement as significantly. 

I seem to recall having read some cases in which a release clause is evoked, then not only full amount needs to be paid off right away, there would also be an additional administrative (punitive) fee for termination of a contract. I believe it happened in Spain a few seasons back, but forgot the details. That's why it only happened between clubs that really don't like each other. Otherwise, they would just agree on a "transfer" fee that is equal to the release clause, but avoid paying other fee (the selling club won't get that amount anyway. it usually goes to the association.)
(03-11-2019, 06:10 PM)xudong Wrote: My question is: if we receive 38 m in one lump sum, all 38m should count as next year's capital gain. if we receive 38 m in 4 installments, 10 m each year, it won't help our next year's financial statement as significantly. 

No matter what, if we sell Suso this year, the entire amount he is sold for will show up as a capital gain this summer. Payments can be spread over 4 year as you said (10mil per year), but it doesn't matter.
Revenue (based on accrual basis of accounting) and cash is quite different. The revenue (not really revenue from operations as this will be a capital gain from player sales, but nonetheless it serves the same purpose when it comes to FFP) will be recognized when the player is sold. The cash may, or may not, come right away.

Basically, here is the entry on the books if we sell Suso for a lump sum of 40M:

Cash.............................40mil (cash received)
Accum Amort.................1mil (reversing amount of Asset(Suso) amortized)
Asset (Suso)..................................1mil (amount we paid for Suso)
Gain on Sale..................................40mil (Part that will beef up our bottom line. Or Revenue, if you wanna think of it that way)

Here is the entry on the books if we sell Suso for 10mil cash, plus 3 other installments of 10mil each

Cash...........................10mil
Accts Receivable..........30mil
Accum Amort...............1mil
Asset (Suso)............................1mil
Gain on Sale............................40mil

As you can see, in both cases, we will record a gain of 40 million at the time of sale (assuming that Suso is currently worth zero on the books since his cost was fully amortized which I believe it is). When we receive the cash is irrelevant.
I feel like I am taking an accounting course. Grinundwech

Yes Suso going for 40 mil could be good business. The 40 mil plus another 20-30 mil and Milan could get Nicolas Pepe who would be a huge upgrade over Suso.
(03-11-2019, 09:26 PM)xudong Wrote: I feel like I am taking an accounting course. Grinundwech

If you read that, then you did  Devilol Devilol 
Was just trying to answer the question and got lost somewhere out there  Devilol