Summer Mercato 2019
He is currently earning 3 million after tax, according to article he wants 5 million after tax
Would make him second highest paid after Donna, currently Bakayoko, Biglia and Romagnoli are ahead of him with 3.5m
(03-07-2019, 01:19 PM)nefremo Wrote: I disagree my friend. An asset is not the same in cash. On the books, yes. In reality, no. You can reinvest cash and collect the interest on it. Again, time value of money. You put the cash to work as it'll be worth more tomorrow then it is today. A players value may or may NOT grow. You are talking about a risk.

If an entity is not one you are going to keep long term, you take the cash. I'll tell you right now, IF there is a huge offer on the table for Pepe, Elliot will sell immediately. It would be financially irresponsible not to from their point of view.
What you are talking about is a big risk. Why move the player to Milan now, and then POSSIBLY cash in on him in a couple of years when you can take 70mil (rumored price for Pepe) NOW, reinvest it and make interest on it (or reinvest into buying another entity, give another loan and get interest, etc).
Us Milan fans would do what you are saying. Elliot won't. They've made a fortune doing what I described and they'll keep doing it.

Yes, if they think the offer they get now is the best one or a really big one .and there is a big risk of a decline then they should sell now.  Now if they want to keep him longer and they think his value will increase then keeping him in Milan is not that different from keeping him in Lille. And if it's a star player that they are keeping for longer, then it's probably better to keep the player at Milan.

Again this all theoretical since Elliott does not control Lille yet! In all probability Nicholas Pepe will get sold to an EPL team for a large sum. They can then use that money to pay back Elliott. Smile
(03-07-2019, 04:05 PM)reza Wrote: He is currently earning 3 million after tax, according to article he wants 5 million after tax
Would make him second highest paid after Donna, currently Bakayoko, Biglia and Romagnoli are ahead of him with 3.5m

So, Milan offered him a raise from 3m to slightly more than 4m, and he is still not happy? What has he done to deserve that? He has regressed even, IMO. He doesn't deserve more than Bakayoko, and certainly not Romagnoli. I would offer him 3.5m if absolutely necessary. All the negotiations just to remove the 40m release clause? I say maybe we should just sell him at the that release clause and pocket the cash. Big Grin
(03-07-2019, 04:58 PM)xudong Wrote: So, Milan offered him a raise from 3m to slightly more than 4m, and he is still not happy? What has he done to deserve that? He has regressed even, IMO. He doesn't deserve more than Bakayoko, and certainly not Romagnoli. I would offer him 3.5m if absolutely necessary. All the negotiations just to remove the 40m release clause? I say maybe we should just sell him at the that release clause and pocket the cash. Big Grin

Yes for sure! 3.5 mil for Suso is more than enough.
Just a few good months.. and suddenly he thinks he deserve a new contract and a wage raise just to remove a 40m clause thats applicable to foreign teams.. i too say fuck him.. i'd rather chuck Conti there on the right to partner Calabria and test it out.. defensively we would be solid.. ot to mention offensively both are good too at assisting a d making runs
(03-07-2019, 06:26 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: Just a few good months.. and suddenly he thinks he deserve a new contract and a wage raise just to remove a 40m clause thats applicable to foreign teams.. i too say fuck him.. i'd rather chuck Conti there on the right to partner Calabria and test it out.. defensively we would be solid..  ot to mention offensively both are good too at assisting a d making runs

I was wondering the same thing: if Conti can play that advanced position. 

In the meantime, Conti was defending Suso:

Quote:Conti on Suso's form dipping: "Suso is tracking back more and we find him a lot in the penalty area, something we didn't see much from him. When he works like that, maybe he loses it a bit in the final 20 meters, but if we have such a good defense it's also because of him".

Big Grin
(03-07-2019, 04:58 PM)xudong Wrote: So, Milan offered him a raise from 3m to slightly more than 4m, and he is still not happy? What has he done to deserve that? He has regressed even, IMO. He doesn't deserve more than Bakayoko, and certainly not Romagnoli. I would offer him 3.5m if absolutely necessary. All the negotiations just to remove the 40m release clause? I say maybe we should just sell him at the that release clause and pocket the cash. Big Grin

Sell him for 40m... spend 50m on Chiesa... He's a much better player with a much higher ceiling anyway.
(03-06-2019, 08:42 PM)omer486 Wrote: Elliot has given a loan of 117 mil to the owner of Lille to help sort out Lille's problems. They haven't taken over Lille (as yet!!)

But if they had taken over Lille, then if they transfer an asset from one club they own to another, they haven't lost or gained anything on their combined balance sheet. If you move money from one account of your's to another your net assets don't change. However Milan has much bigger marketing potential given the bigger fan base, so it makes sense to move a star player to Milan and benefit from the extra marketing value. If Pepe is worth 60 mil at Lille and they transfer him to Milan even for free his value at Milan would still be at least 60 mil (maybe more just like Piatek is worth more at Milan than he was at Genoa)

Right now it's just a loan to the owner, but you never know what conditions are on the loan. Even the Milan takeover started as a loan.

I wouldn't get excited about Elliott transferring good players to Milan anyways. Remember, Elliott is a group of very very intelligent business men. They know what they're doing, they are injecting the necessary funds to bring Milan back to the top, but at the end of the day the club will end up in the hands of the highest bidder. All of this cash injection from them is to maximize the return on their investment. To think Elliott 'loves' Milan, or wants to keep them well into the future is bogus. Even if it's a Mr.Lee saga all over again, I guarantee you they'll lend the funds to get a high price deal done if it comes their way, because that is what they do. 

In terms of the Lille deal, it also wouldn't make sense to depreciate an already suffering asset by ridding them of any good players they have. I'm sure they could do with cashing out on top players like Pepe and they'll probably just use the money to do the same thing they're doing with Milan. They'll inject what they need to, manage the club until it's stable and attractive for some billionaire to pick it up as their toy. For some reason, I see Elliot doing the following with Milan: double-end the deal when we're back in CL and doing well, by selling it and lending the money to close a deal at a very profitable price, in which case they're either paid their loan back with interest, or it defaults & ends up back in their possession, and obviously the loan to value ratio will always work in Elliott's favor so there's no loss in the end regardless.

At the end of the day, I just hope whoever does buy Milan will keep them in good hands.
(03-07-2019, 10:27 PM)porcho Wrote: Sell him for 40m... spend 50m on Chiesa... He's a much better player with a much higher ceiling anyway.

The buyout clause is 38m, which is unfortunate because I think we can get more for him
Chiesa is probably already a better play. To be honest, Suso is a very good player but he's too inconsistent and at times honestly one dimensional.