Summer Mercato 2019
(06-25-2019, 02:57 AM)WCmilan Wrote: Whoever scouted Kabak did a great job. He's that perfect signing I was talking about with our budget. Players that we pick up for 15-20m that can easily be worth 50-60m. He is absolutely the real deal & very excited if we sign him.

My question is - would we sign both Torreira & Ceballos? I feel like they're sort of similar. Energetic, pace, dribbling. Maybe Giampaolo wants that for his midfield. If it came down to one or the other as a 'big' midfield signing, I'd take Ceballos.

Definitely take De Rossi. That generation & quality are always welcome imo. If Pirlo or Totti were still playing they'd even make an impact for this Milan. De Rossi is still in good shape & Roma's management is making a mess. I'd absolutely love to see him in a Milan jersey.

I think they are very different (in a good way). One (Torreira) is a DM that plays short range quick passes and just keeps the ball moving. Nothing too crazy like let's say Pirlo, but he makes up for that in his defensive toughness. Very scrappy and gets down and dirty. Not exactly a dribbler, but yes, he is able to get away from trouble with multiple touches if that's what it takes.
Ceballos on the other hand is a true #10. Likes to have the ball in his feet constantly. Operates mainly in the attacking half/third and has the vision, passing and dribbling to create opportunities and also score goals. Ceballos is more of the Zidane/Riquelme type of player. Torreira is more a scrappier Thiago Motta (not sure if the comparison is great, but i'm really struggling to think of a player similar to him at the moment). I believe that they (Torreira - Ceballos) perfectly balance the midfield to be honest. Both technical and able to do things in their area of the field beautifully. Torreira in our half, and Ceballos in the opponents. Add to that Hakan/Bonaventura and Paqueta, and you have a midfield that will be very VERY hard to dispossess. Each of those players moves well without the ball, is comfortable on the ball in pressure situations, can/will defend (Ceballos less so) and can/will attack (Torreira less so). I'm honestly getting very excited at the thought of that midfield. We would be able to (easily) dominate almost every game in Italy. That would be by far the best midfield we'd have since the Pirlo/Seedorf/Gattuso/Kaka-Rui days.

Now, can we get both Torreira and Ceballos? Questionable. I think they'll both cost between 35-45mil each. Not sure that we can spend that kind of money at the moment due to FFP. Not without making some big sales, that is. But if we can work out some kind of loan for one of them to defer the payment for a year or 2 in order to escape FFP, then why not.
(06-25-2019, 03:13 AM)nefremo Wrote: I think they are very different (in a good way). One (Torreira) is a DM that plays short range quick passes and just keeps the ball moving. Nothing too crazy like let's say Pirlo, but he makes up for that in his defensive toughness. Very scrappy and gets down and dirty. Not exactly a dribbler, but yes, he is able to get away from trouble with multiple touches if that's what it takes.
Ceballos on the other hand is a true #10. Likes to have the ball in his feet constantly. Operates mainly in the attacking half/third and has the vision, passing and dribbling to create opportunities and also score goals. Ceballos is more of the Zidane/Riquelme type of player. Torreira is more a scrappier Thiago Motta (not sure if the comparison is great, but i'm really struggling to think of a player similar to him at the moment). I believe that they (Torreira - Ceballos) perfectly balance the midfield to be honest. Both technical and able to do things in their area of the field beautifully. Torreira in our half, and Ceballos in the opponents. Add to that Hakan/Bonaventura and Paqueta, and you have a midfield that will be very VERY hard to dispossess. Each of those players moves well without the ball, is comfortable on the ball in pressure situations, can/will defend (Ceballos less so) and can/will attack (Torreira less so). I'm honestly getting very excited at the thought of that midfield. We would be able to (easily) dominate almost every game in Italy. That would be by far the best midfield we'd have since the Pirlo/Seedorf/Gattuso/Kaka-Rui days.

Now, can we get both Torreira and Ceballos? Questionable. I think they'll both cost between 35-45mil each. Not sure that we can spend that kind of money at the moment due to FFP. Not without making some big sales, that is. But if we can work out some kind of loan for one of them to defer the payment for a year or 2 in order to escape FFP, then why not.

I think the plan is to sign them on a loan + Option/obligation.
No reason why we couldn't do both
(06-25-2019, 03:13 AM)nefremo Wrote: I think they are very different (in a good way). One (Torreira) is a DM that plays short range quick passes and just keeps the ball moving. Nothing too crazy like let's say Pirlo, but he makes up for that in his defensive toughness. Very scrappy and gets down and dirty. Not exactly a dribbler, but yes, he is able to get away from trouble with multiple touches if that's what it takes.

Makes perfect sense then why we are after them. Giampaolo has always reiterated the need for good passing players in the midfield. It's a very fast paced game today, and I do believe that every midfielder should be equipped with good passing ability. It keeps the ball moving & I cannot count how many times I've been frustrated with wayward passing from players like Kessie. Even Bakayoko, despite the fact that he was doing well recovering possession, he didn't offer much on the passing front. I'd almost sacrifice some defensive ability in the midfield for better passing, because at the end of the day if your midfield can hold possession better you'll probably have to recover possession far less. With that being said, Torreira's videos seem like he does just fine defensively while also being able to pass the ball quite well.

Ceballos, Torreira + De Rossi would be an absolutely dream midfield market. De Rossi should replace Biglia tbh - he's in better shape and was always a far better player anyhow. To be honest, I don't even care how De Rossi plays I've just always admired him as a player & it would be unreal to see him in a Milan shirt even for one season.
on Kabak, if he's soo good and talented we really have to do everything to convince him. (incl giving him main role) Munich is no joke, guaranteed champs in Bundesliga, playing UCL, besides, they just sold Hummels and make Boateng avail for transfer, he could instantly play major role there too.
Tuttosport - Milan, Giampaolo wants to try attacking midfielder Suso
god i hope not, he would fail so hard in that position
Once Ceballos comes, Suso will play from the bench
Sky Italia’s Marco Bovicelli says Kabak’s agents remained in Milano after meeting Milan at Casa Milan today
Milan will hold more talks for Ozan Kabak, are preparing an assault for Lucas Torreira and could have an advantage for Daniele De Rossi.
Spain's @diarioas claims that Real Madrid will not sell Ceballos for less than €50m, with Tottenham in pole position for the midfielder ahead of Milan and Arsenal.