Summer Mercato 2019
instead of getting defenders of cahil,mustafi,lovren calibre, i'd rather stick with zapata.
(05-11-2019, 09:53 AM)Rishav kant Wrote: Leicester City and West Ham want Hakan Calhanoglu for 30M

If Malnardo(Leodini- not sure which one sucks less. haha) sell him for 30m then surely that guarantee's them a job for another few years.
(05-11-2019, 10:37 AM)nefremo Wrote: Sell!

About Leonardo & Maldini...guys show some patience. Give them a few years to work and build something. It would be the biggest mistake to replace them (or one of them) now.

They've had 1.5 transfer windows... Give it some time. Look what they were able to achieve in one whole transfer window they worked themselves.
(05-12-2019, 11:03 PM)artand Wrote: prob. Berardi in case we miss out on CL,and SUSO gets sold

I wouldn't mind Berardi but I don't think he's the player many hoped he would become.
I'm not a Suso fan so happy to see him go, but would have hoped we'd pick up someone better. That being said, if we got Berardi because we used the Suso money to get Insigne, I'd be happy with that.
essentially swapping Suso with Insigne, and hakan with Berardi.
to get Insigne type of players,CL quali is a must.
(05-13-2019, 12:49 AM)artand Wrote: to get Insigne type of players,CL quali is a must.

I know... But I'll keep dreaming while I can...
We'll win the next two games but Inter won't lose tomorrow, and Atalanta wont drop points either. Juve will throw the last game
(05-13-2019, 12:27 AM)porcho Wrote: They've had 1.5 transfer windows... Give it some time. Look what they were able to achieve in one whole transfer window they worked themselves.

Are you saying yes give them time ? Or they've had time and they did poorly ? 

The had 3/4 weeks last summer and that was to sell and identify targets negotiate and sign.
January is always just a silly time.

I'd like to see them with the full 3 months of summer and after being here all season.If they muck it up then I'd be pissed.
(05-13-2019, 07:49 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Are you saying yes give them time ? Or they've had time and they did poorly ? 

The had 3/4 weeks last summer and that was to sell and identify targets negotiate and sign.
January is always just a silly time.

I'd like to see them with the full 3 months of summer and after being here all season.If they muck it up then I'd be pissed.

sorry yes, maybe it wasn't clear. definitely give them time. I thought they did well in Jan which is the only full transfer window they've had so far.

And let's be honest, on Paper... last summers transfer window was good. WHo would have thought Higuain wouldn't work out and Caldara would turn into Glass from the M. Night Shyamalan movies

Jan is always hit and miss. For us, I'd say a huge Hit.

Me too. I think it's promising. If we can get a good coach, we'll be well placed to do well this transfer window. Possibly without even spending big either(as in Nett spend. using mostly money from players sold)
Leonardo and Maldini’s first objective was to evaluate and improve the coaching position. They failed miserably.
Without clear direction about the needs - expected input from the coach - they did well in bringing few good players and adding to the team’s potential.
Overall, their performance is below expectations.
P.s.: I don’t have info about the financials, it might change the overall performance.
P.p.s: I hope we’ll start the next mercato with a new coach and with more focused approach to the needs of the team and the objectives of the organization.
I just read that Juan Mata is a free agent this mercato.. he might be 30 but i feel he is an upgrade to Hakan (played out of pos).. if he is willing to sign for about 3-4m per season, i think he might be a good pickup.. loads of experience and quality when played right..

Esp if we end up Selling Hakan for 20-30m and Suso (35m?) i dont see why not.. even if we sign another high quality player, he could be a quality rotational player.. if 2 of Biglia/Kessie/Bakayoko goes, we should replace with more technical players rather than Just Physical types..
I would sign him in a heart beat.
first thing Elliot has to do is sack Leoardo and Maldini. Then Gattuso.