Summer transfer window 2018
IMO we need a good backup in full back, since I think Musacchio is set to leave. With Antonelli departing, I am not really in need of a big name here, so I am fine with Strinic. 

We definitely need manpower in midfield. Herera would be great as well as Meyer. We could get Locatelli and Mauri away on loan to give them playtime. 

And uff in attack play. imo Cutrone and Suso are the only two delivering a reliable constantly good performance. I would be down for a Kalinic Belotti switch with cash involved. I would even giveaway Andre Silva for Belotti switch. 

Left wing we definitely need someone else than Borini. I really like Borini but we should look at someone backing him up.
(02-16-2018, 06:40 AM)somedevil Wrote: That guy has way too many injury problems. We can find better options.

(02-16-2018, 10:12 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Can't say I'm keen on Reus either

I agree with you guys. This is not the same Reus thst people remember from when he was younger. I saw Dortmund - Atalanta last night and it was another conformation to me that all he is these days is a name. There is no explosiveness there. He didn't attempt a 1v1 even once in the 70 minutes that he played. Yes, he made some decent runs off the ball nut nothing special. He is definitely not what we need. Injuries have turned him into a different player than what he was and the worst part of it is that you never know if the injuries are over. He'll still cost a lot of money and I just don't think he's worth it.
Has anyone watched Malcom from Bordeaux? I saw a game the other day and he looked very exciting. Pace, directness. No fear of going at people. He seems to have that X-factor about him. That thing that can make players world class......of course, it's the very same thing that makes them fail many times because they start thinking they are too good to sacrifice themselves for the team. (Just to point out, I'm not saying I saw the lack of sacrifice from Malcom)

Either way, I was just interested to see if anyone has seen him play. I can't really judge by only seeing one game. I've seen clips of course and I know of him, but hadn't seen Bordeaux play. 

He falls into that group of players that are not ridiculously expensive yet, but might have the ability to get to that level. We just need to snap those players up early because otherwise it'll be too late.
(02-16-2018, 11:39 PM)nefremo Wrote: Has anyone watched Malcom from Bordeaux? I saw a game the other day and he looked very exciting. Pace, directness. No fear of going at people. He seems to have that X-factor about him. That thing that can make players world class......of course, it's the very same thing that makes them fail many times because they start thinking they are too good to sacrifice themselves for the team. (Just to point out, I'm not saying I saw the lack of sacrifice from Malcom)

Either way, I was just interested to see if anyone has seen him play. I can't really judge by only seeing one game. I've seen clips of course and I know of him, but hadn't seen Bordeaux play. 

He falls into that group of players that are not ridiculously expensive yet, but might have the ability to get to that level. We just need to snap those players up early because otherwise it'll be too late.

Malcolm is pretty awesome in FM. Big Grin  Grinundwech
He said he will be leaving for new club this coming summer. Some big clubs already put him on radar though..  Sleepy
(02-17-2018, 06:47 AM)somedevil Wrote: Malcolm is pretty awesome in FM. Big Grin  Grinundwech
You said Cutrone was also great in FM in the primavera thread....so maybe you are onto something here.  Sagrin

(02-17-2018, 07:12 AM)edysim Wrote: He said he will be leaving for new club this coming summer. Some big clubs already put him on radar though..  Sleepy

Well if he's already said he's leaving then maybe we can try our luck. 

Btw, Football-Italia says that Napoli is ibterested in Torreira and that he has a 25mil release clause. If this clause is true, then we need to be all over this. That's peanuts in today's market for someone with that quality at that age.
They also have another article quoting Chiesa saying that he has a soft spot for Milan. Interesting....
I've heard about Malcom, but haven't really watched him. Seems a talented player from what little I've seen, but with the clubs already linked to him it's hard to see him coming at a reasonable price.

Personally, at this moment in time, I think we should look at Barella, Chiesa and then a top forward. In the case of both Italians, I think both have shown to have immense potential and what I really like about them is they both have versatility. In the case Barella, he can play in any of our midfield roles, but I think he's potentially best as a mezzala. 

As for Chiesa, he's extremely versatile but for us he would be used in any of the attacking roles (most likely as an alternative on the wings). What I like is he has pace and is good 1 v 1 to help draw defenders and open spaces, or get fouls.

My biggest worry with both is what Cagliari and Fiorentina will demand for them. However, with them in the squad I think it'd be adding depth and quality to our squad, while building for the future. If he's renewed for next year, I also think both these guys would work well with Gattuso. The other positive is they have already played with the likes of Locatelli and Cutrone in the Italian youth set up. In the case of Chiesa, he's also said he had a passion for the Milan side with Sheva and Kaka (his idol).

With them, we'd need some experienced players. The key is up front, as assuming Silva and Kalinic can't step up, we need to bring in someone of quality that offers some levels of guarantees (hopefully meaning in a young side we'd have an experienced head or two in each department). Belotti is being linked most heavily, though admittedly I do have some concerns with his performances this season. However, again he's another who I think would work well with Gattuso and I think would develop a good relationship with Cutrone who has said multiple times he likes him. Then of course he's a fan.

Then I think it's about adding a couple of players to add a bit of quality in depth. CBs stands out to me, as we know Zapata is hit or miss at best and honestly Musacchio has done little to impress this season.
I kind of disagree on the CB department. I believe the defence as a whole is complete. The only possible addition being a back up LB when Antonelli leaves. The other possibility is replacing Gomez with a 5th choice CB but this can also be a youth player so not too worried about this. This is a player that may play a couple of games in the season and that's about it.  

I think we all know what we get with Zapata and we all agree. He is a very good CB that will have brilliant games but will commit 1 mistake that usually costs us. But in a more solid and compact team such as Gattuso's, this may no longer be an issue. Regardless, he is a player that fits his role perfectly. Experienced CB that knows the dynamics of the league and will play 5-10 games a season between 3 competitions. I am more then ok with that. 
Musacchio has been disappointing....but again, we are not going to find a better defender for cheap. He is already here and if he doesn't mind being the 3rd CB, I'd gladly keep him. 

If Romagnoli and Bonucci keep developing their relationship and they keep growing (along with the compactness of the team that Gattuso brings), then we probably have one of the best and most complete defensive units in Italy. 

On Chiesa and Barella.....I really like Barella and I've voiced that opinion in the past. An attacking midfielder by trade, but really falls more and more into the realm of a complete midfielder that's able to occupy many positions. I would get him for sure.

I'm a bit more reserved on Chiesa. I think he would cost a lot more then Barella (Fiorentina will demand Bernardeschi type of money....40+mil). I'm not so sure that I've seen 40+mil level of performances from him. Sure, we'd be paying for potential....but I don't know. 

On Malcom. Arsenal is the only club I've seen linked to him. I may have missed the others. Quoted price is apparently 40mil. I think he can be a nice alternative to a possible Suso sale. Not that I want Suso sold....but I think we'll get some offers for him this summer and if they are too good to refuse....we can always fall back on an option such as Malcom.
nefremo I can see your point on the CBs, but I just have little trust in those we have right now tbh. On Zapata, I don't think the tightness of the team will prevent his moments of madness, he just completely loses focus which is costly (though as 4th choice I'd be able to cope with him). With Musacchio, at times he's been unwatchable this season and frankly speaking I'm not convinced he's good enough to be third choice. I know it's difficult, but I think our third choice CB needs to be someone who when in the first team will give confidence at the back that he's capable. The last time I remember us having a player of that level is Yepes being a backup to Nesta and Thiago. He wasn't a world beater, but he was very reliable during his time at Milan and was a really good backup to have. We need to be ambitious and try to aim for those levels again imo, as there's a decent chance next year we'll again be playing 3 competitions.

On Chiesa I agree his price tag could be a problem and I'm not happy about spending 40m for him, which is why I said I'm concerned about what Fiorentina and Cagliari (for Barella) would request. However, I do think he's a player with a bright future if put in the right environment and as I mentioned, I think for the reasons I put before I think he'd fit well in Milan.

As for Malcom, he's been linked to Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and United in England. Not sure about elsewhere.

On a side note, Genoa - Inter 1-0 at half time after a great own goal from Ranocchia Big Grin
Good post and good points! It'll be interesting to see which way we go.

On Ranocchia.....I swear this guy is a Milan player. He just doesn't wear a Milan jersey.  Devilol