AC Milan Vs Palermo [15 Oct, 2011]
mzk, why bench Ibra? he was very important to us yesterday..... Ibra and Robinho should be sure starters for every big game.... the only question is whether to play a midfielder or another attacker in the trequartista spot.

personally, I'd like to see Prince and Aquilani as the two midfielders beside Van Bommel. Nocerino's abilities are limited... I dont think we should play with 3 strikers for the rest of the season,, I also dont like Cassano performing there. Even when he is in his top form (now) he still wastes alot of balls and silly passes.. even the useless Pato is better than Cassano I think - but for now, we should continue with this three upfront and keep Pato far away from messing up the newly found enthusiasm and chemistry.... let's see how far these three can take us.... also knowing Allegri - everytime he wins a game, he has always continued with the same lineup the following game... (not the best of signs from a coach actually, shows that he's still trying to find something that works).
(10-16-2011, 01:26 PM)Hitman Wrote: mzk, why bench Ibra? he was very important to us yesterday..... Ibra and Robinho should be sure starters for every big game.... the only question is whether to play a midfielder or another attacker in the trequartista spot.

personally, I'd like to see Prince and Aquilani as the two midfielders beside Van Bommel. Nocerino's abilities are limited... I dont think we should play with 3 strikers for the rest of the season,, I also dont like Cassano performing there. Even when he is in his top form (now) he still wastes alot of balls and silly passes.. even the useless Pato is better than Cassano I think - but for now, we should continue with this three upfront and keep Pato far away from messing up the newly found enthusiasm and chemistry.... let's see how far these three can take us.... also knowing Allegri - everytime he wins a game, he has always continued with the same lineup the following game... (not the best of signs from a coach actually, shows that he's still trying to find something that works).

Sometimes Cassano looks uninterested, but yesterday he was ridiculously good. I'm surprised you'd rather Pato, who you don't like at all.

----------Ibra---------------
Cassano---Robinho------

That's my lineup right now, with the midfield of Boateng, Aqua, Van Bommel such as Zeekay has recommended. I thought Ibra was very good as well yesterday, and he starts over Pato now.

Cassano & Robinho together offer more movement and creativity, and they can both drop back to help out the midfield if they're being overun. I think the Christmas Tree is what is needed right now, and I'd like to see Allegri's ability to adapt to this. The Diamond Formation has been static, taking into consideration our many injuries.
(10-16-2011, 01:26 PM)Hitman Wrote: mzk, why bench Ibra? he was very important to us yesterday..... Ibra and Robinho should be sure starters for every big game.... the only question is whether to play a midfielder or another attacker in the trequartista spot.
Because with him AC Milan will again choke in an important UCL match, on personal level, I just don't like him. Its so painful to see that ACM once lead by class players like $hevchenko & Kaka is now relying on Ibrahimovic. I just hope Man City comes up with a 20-25 mil offer for him soon.
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
Great result for Milan this week. Slowly getting back on track...
The legend

(10-16-2011, 04:26 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
Because with him AC Milan will again choke in an important UCL match, on personal level, I just don't like him. Its so painful to see that ACM once lead by class players like $hevchenko & Kaka is now relying on Ibrahimovic. I just hope Man City comes up with a 20-25 mil offer for him soon.

Ibrahimovic is still irreplaceable at this stage. He has large physical frame and delicate skills, and none of our other attackers can do his job adequately. I understand that you may not like his personality (I am not a big fan either), but unless we find someone of equal calibre, we will have to pray that he stays healthy and motivated. Yes, it is painful to admit that, but we don't have other options. Pato somehow is not cutting it, and way too injury prone.
aka xudong
You know, I think teams are figuring out MVB now. They are all starting to hurry him when our team slows down and builds from the back. He begins making poor decisions and hurries passes. THat is sort of what we saw at the start of the Palermo game and in previous games without Binho.

I think it may in part be an age thing as he physically can't play the ball as fast as or to where he may want. I wonder what you guys think of playing Nocerino back in his spot and playing Aquaman along side sort of like a Gattuso covers Pirlo set up. This would also give Aqua even more chance to jump forward as it would limit his defensive responsibilities. We do miss that person that could just hit that long ball to spread play especially with teams that tend to clog the middle of the field. It helps open up the pitch. Then we can have Boateng on the field and our favored three (b/w Pato, Ibra, Cass and Binho).

I'm surprised people are rating Cassano highly. He slows play down so much, over elaborates and loses the ball often. I think he has incredible skill but technically he seems to not play well in tight spaces. I realize that is the most difficult thing to do, but that is where he plays on the pitch.

Overall, we have finally got our starting line up back (minus defensive frailities) and so can realistically challenge on two fronts again.