Serie A (Matchday 21): Cagliari - Milan Sunday January 21, 2018 18:00
(01-20-2018, 03:33 PM)nefremo Wrote: We have a real chance to make up some ground here. Roma and Inter play each other. Inter has been terrible lately and has dropped a ton of points. Roma has been struggling and is on the verge of selling Emerson, Dzeko and Naingolan.

I like your positivity, but I'm a realist.  We don't have a real chance to make up any ground.  Our best bet is to try and win Coppa Italia or Europa League.  I think the best we can finish in Serie A is sixth and that's going to be very hard with this squad.
(01-20-2018, 04:16 PM)reza Wrote: We are not reaching top 4, Roma sold Salah, Rudiger and Paredes last summer but any way .... not hoping to lose ever, just don't understand line ups (nothing new to say so I won't repeat Tongue )

This is the exact reason why I don't believe we'll gain any ground.  It's the same old shit.
I have said multiple times that getting to 4th place has about 1% probability of happening. I am fully aware of that. I'm not blind nor delusional, even though it may seem that way. Big Grin

What I am saying is that from the last 5 games, Inter has gotten 3 points from the possible 15. Don't tell me that they are not struggling....and they play Roma next. Roma has gotten 4 points out of the same 15 points on offer. My point is, even though we are far away, those 2 aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard. We don't need everyone at the top to shit their pants in the second part of the season.....JUST 1 of them. The way things are going, Roma and Inter make a pretty good candidate for that.....and as I said, I just don't believe Lazio will keep this up to the end.

WHEN 1 of those 3 starts dropping points (like Roma and Inter have already done), we need to be there to pick up the slack. Unfortunately, in the month of December, we were just as bad (if not worse) that Roma/Inter. So now, all I'm saying is, all we can do is win several games in a row and see what happens.

Don't forget that we still have to play Roma, Inter and Lazio in a head to head.

This is why I can't understand why someone would hope we would lose as if the season is ALL over. It's not. there is a lot of football to be played.

Realistically, 6th place is the goal we can hope for at the present. But things can change dramatically. Question is, for the better or for the worse? We'll see...
Our next five Serie A games:

@ Cagliari
Lazio
@ Udinese
@ Spal
Sampdoria

Not easy.

edit - also factor in Coppa Italia & Europa League games in between
How far have we fallen when that's considered not easy? Big Grin
No, not easy at all.....but not necessarily CL difficulty either. If there were 5 games in a row that we could win, it's really not out of the ordinary for those to be the next 5.

The 2 more difficult games (Lazio and Samp) are at home. The 3 "less" difficult ones are away. I believe that if we win those 5 games, many things will change.....starting with the self-belief and confidence in the squad.
(01-20-2018, 09:49 PM)reza Wrote: How far have we fallen when that's considered not easy? Big Grin

11th.
(01-20-2018, 09:55 PM)nefremo Wrote: No, not easy at all.....but not necessarily CL difficulty either. If there were 5 games in a row that we could win, it's really not out of the ordinary for those to be the next 5.

The 2 more difficult games (Lazio and Samp) are at home. The 3 "less" difficult ones are away. I believe that if we win those 5 games, many things will change.....starting with the self-belief and confidence in the squad.

I say of the next five games we get six points

@ Cagliari = draw
Lazio = loss
@ Udinese = draw
@ Spal = win
Sampdoria = draw

The draws could go either way honestly.  I'm fairly confident we don't get it done vs. Cagliari tomorrow, don't see us beating Lazio, and beating Spal is a sure thing (right?).  Udinese & Samp are games I'm on the fence about.
(01-20-2018, 10:14 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: 11th.

Good point
(01-20-2018, 10:23 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I say of the next five games we get six points

@ Cagliari = draw
Lazio = loss
@ Udinese = draw
@ Spal = win
Sampdoria = draw

The draws could go either way honestly.  I'm fairly confident we don't get it done vs. Cagliari tomorrow, don't see us beating Lazio, and beating Spal is a sure thing (right?).  Udinese & Samp are games I'm on the fence about.

Exactly...the draws can go either way....and if they go in our favor, you are looking at a different scenario in the table.