Milan - Cesena (Saturday 20h45)
Urby was impressive IMO. Improving from game to game. Could be a real asset to the squad if he goes on like this.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
so we now have has many points at this stage this season as we did at this point last season. no need to panic just yet!
Quote:Paolo Maldini
"Il Sogno di ogni attaccante e' segnare il piu' bella gol della storia. L'incubo e' incontrare il miglior difensore del mondo."

Quote:Francesco Totti
"Never give up Pippo,You are an example for all of us to never give up."
(09-25-2011, 03:28 PM)Kaka1899 Wrote: so we now have has many points at this stage this season as we did at this point last season. no need to panic just yet!

and it seems that the league in general is getting much weaker! and I don't mind that. Sagrin
aka xudong
(09-25-2011, 04:10 PM)xudong Wrote:
(09-25-2011, 03:28 PM)Kaka1899 Wrote: so we now have has many points at this stage this season as we did at this point last season. no need to panic just yet!

and it seems that the league in general is getting much weaker! and I don't mind that. Sagrin

I don't think so ... I even think that Serie A has improved since 2 years.

Except Inter (being again the Inter we all knew), Napoli has improved a lot and still improved this season, Juventus should be stronger this season, and the other clubs have tried to improve their first team too (Catania is interesting, Roma should improve during the season if they don't fire their coach with their new project, Fiorentina seems to have an interesting new project too and will wait for Jovetic to be back to his level of before his injury, same for Genoa) while the last teams are at the same level (Udinese, Palermo).

Actually, Serie A teams are in-build nowadays and it should be better and better with the years to come. Of course, they will now need to show that they are serious in Europe (Europa League) too or any effort will be useless on long term.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Thank you to everyone for their comments. It means a lot. I am on this site almost daily and appreciate all of the knowledge of the Milan fans.

I am glad we got 3 points. I will try to watch the game today before I am off to Greece on vacation tomorrow.

I really want to give us a pass because of the injuries, but this start is shaky to say the least. I'm curious about Taiwo certainly. I remember GeoTav saying he is nothing special, but of course he was free to he was the easy way out for Galliani. I hope he is an improvement on what we have.

As for the Competitiveness in Serie A, I think just because Serie A is more competitive, does not mean it's improved. The league could have great games (which is important), but if they get smacked up in Europe & Champions League, than that is no improvement at all IMO. We will see how Italy does in Europe.

Thanks again for the wishes, and I am glad we won our first game of the season!

Forza Milan...
It was nice to see all the top teams drop points today, leaving us only 3 points back. Things could've been worse. I think this goes to show that there really isn't a team that's better than us in the Serie A, which makes me question the quality of our league.

Taiwo disappointed me yesterday. His tactical intelligence was very poor and did leave us exposed. To be fair though Yepes didn't have his best night either, so that flank was a bit of a problem yesterday. He seemed very awkward in his play and it was a bit worrying to see how much he depends on his left foot. On top of that he deserved to be sent off for that second foul. But it was his first game with this overall shaky side and he just recovered from an injury. He wasn't a complete disaster though so I think with time he will gel with our system and probably learn a thing or two from Thiago and Nesta.
(09-25-2011, 04:10 PM)xudong Wrote:

I don't think Serie A is weaker. Compared to when Inter was winning every year, right now Serie A is much stronger with Napoli, Milan, Juve and Udinese all improving a lot this season (and last if you exclude Juve).

This is notable with the performances of teams in Champions League. Napoli were great against Man City (one of the most feared teams in Europe right now), Udinese were desperately unlucky not to beat Arsenal and Milan have been commended for our draw with Barca (bear in mind in preseason we drew with Bayern too who are considered one of the top teams around right now).

In addition to this Italy does have a balanced league, often due to the way teams approach games, making them very tight. So while Italy isn't at the top these days, from a footballing perspective the quality of the league isn't too bad at the moment. It's not great either mind you and work does need to be done.