Serie A (Matchday 11): Milan vs. Juventus (Saturday, October 28, 2017 18:00 CET)
Well, it seems that my perfect run is going to end. Devilol  Oh well, at least very soon I will be freed from this duty and plunge back into my busy life. Grinundwech

With all seriousness though, this is going to be crazily hard, and I doubt anyone would disagree. I am not even sure what to expect. 

Juventus has one more day's rest and that may become a factor. What a weird day (Saturday) and weird time too. It seems that Juventus has a Tuesday away CL game coming up. I hope that could sway things slightly back towards our favor. Maybe they are going to rest a few key players, such as Buffon and Dybala? 

Feel free to discuss away...

Forza Milan!  Heart
(10-26-2017, 06:12 AM)xudong Wrote: Well, it seems that my perfect run is going to end. Devilol  Oh well, at least very soon I will be freed from this duty and plunge back into my busy life. Grinundwech

With all seriousness though, this is going to be crazily hard, and I doubt anyone would disagree. I am not even sure what to expect. 

Juventus has one more day's rest and that may become a factor. What a weird day (Saturday) and weird time too. It seems that Juventus has a Tuesday away CL game coming up. I hope that could sway things slightly back towards our favor. Maybe they are going to rest a few key players, such as Buffon and Dybala? 

Feel free to discuss away...

Forza Milan!  Heart

Weird? It's perfect time for me. Not too early, not too late in the night. Without a doubt, we are the underdog and deservedly so. But that was also the case when we played against Juve last year, the one decided by Locatelli's screamer. If we show the same grit and play the perfect game plan, I don't see why we can't beat them again.

That's the Milanista in me talking of course because to be honest I wouldn't put my money on something like that to happen again  Grinundwech
per l'amaro e il dolce
If we play with the same attitude as against Chievo, then we will give ourselves a chance. If Montella "overcalculates" this game and makes it too tactical where we are more worried about how to neutralize Juventus than play our own game.....then we will lose for sure. We can not set up to to stop Juventus tactically. Their individuals are far too good for that and one mistake by one individual mistake by us will ruin the entire game plan.

The other important thing is to start the game with intensity and on the front foot. We can not afford what's become a Montella trademark of starting games at a turtle's pace.

Yes, we have to be tactically prepared and interpret the passages of the play correctly. Suffer when we need to suffer and stay compact. But we also need to look to take the initiative and throw Juventus off of their own game.

I am convinced that we can win this. Staying compact will be key. We get a bit too stretched in the middle for my liking. Far too many times the ball ends up behind Biglia and Kessie and they are forced to defend facing our own goal and unable to protect the defence. Let's see if we can improve in this.

Xu....you watching the game?
Do you guys want me to NOT watch the game? You may have to bribe me for that. Grinundwech
Not sure. I just want Milan to win. But I'm thinking if you watch the game and we lose, we might have to get Reza to ban you for a while.... Big Grin
Well, the probability of me getting banned is 99.5% then. Grinundwech
(10-26-2017, 11:26 PM)nefremo Wrote: Not sure. I just want Milan to win. But I'm thinking if you watch the game and we lose, we might have to get Reza to ban you for a while.... Big Grin

How Reza banning him would prevent him from watching games? Smile
Agree completely with Nefremo. We can't go into this game trying to reduce it to individual battles to neutralise Juve tactically. We showed last season that we can hurt them by playing our game and looking to attack them, minor tweaks aside to make sure we minimise their strengths and attack their weaknesses, I really want us to pretty much go with the same approach as we saw vs Chievo.
3-1 Juve
(10-27-2017, 06:17 AM)xudong Wrote: Well, the probability of me getting banned is 99.5% then. Grinundwech

Big Grin

(10-27-2017, 07:24 AM)millinarios Wrote: How Reza banning him would prevent him from watching games? Smile

Haha Not sure.....but at least he won't be here for us to blame him......which means at that point Montella will take 100% of the blame. Big Grin