Winter transfer window 2018
I'm not sure management would've brought in another very young RB like Conti if they had full faith in Calabria for our future. I'm sure they'll give him a chance, but if he doesn't do so well this year when he gets his chances I see a loan next year.. Especially if we bring in another RB in January.
when you think of it, we dont need another backup for conti, we do have abate and calabria, i think that should be enough for this season, but if you look to the future than i think we do need another rb for a backup, someone that is not young and can bring exp with quality to the team when needed, but that is if calabria is not up to the task when being given the chances this season.
Calabria played well last game but this is not enough. What more important however is that he could come back with much better performance after a very bad game vs Lazio. So, he might have good mentality. He is young and as we all know, consistency is one of young player's biggest problem. Fortunately we have Abate who is exprienced even even though still some level below Conti, at least we hope that he could perform better as wingback.

For now we don't need a wingback to buy IMO.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
For now in wingback I think we should wait and see. We can't actually buy anyone for the next few months, so instead let's use the time we have to assess Calabria and Abate. We trusted in them to give depth for this season in the role, so we need to trust they'll perform now that we are forced to depend on them.

Bear in mind Calabria was looking pretty good last season before he got injured. Since returning he's not looked good, but consistently playing time may benefit him to get him back to the levels we would like from him.
Kessie is young and still needs time to grow before he's going to do anything. Depending on if we stay on the 4-3-3 or go to something else will determine what our needs are come January. The center mid spot could use a bit of bolstering but who would fit the bill for the club in that spot?
(09-20-2017, 11:15 PM)USMilanFan Wrote: Kessie is young and still needs time to grow before he's going to do anything. Depending on if we stay on the 4-3-3 or go to something else will determine what our needs are come January. The center mid spot could use a bit of bolstering but who would fit the bill for the club in that spot?

Speaking of center midfielder, the mercato gossip columns duly responded. Anybody follow this guy?

Quote: As reported in Italian news, AC Milan director of football, Massimo Mirabelli, is having German international attacking midfielder Kerem Demirbay (24) scouted. Currently on a deal with Hoffenheim until June 2021, former Hamburg player is tracked by Everton as well.
Source: TMW
per l'amaro e il dolce
"Tomorrow's @CorSport claim Udinese midfielder Jakub Jankto will arrive in January"
In Italy there are many rumors about Nicolò Barella (Cagliari),Pellegri (Genoa) and Karem Demirbay (Hoffenheim)
Barella is an excellent midfielder (attacking). Probably Cagliari's best asset. I was talking about this past summer and I'm actually surprised he ended up staying at Cagliari and no big team moved in for him. Obviously, it's better for his development anyway. Needlesss to say, I hope those rumors are true and the interest is real.

I wonder how correct Di Marzio was at the end of the transfer window about Pellegri. Many believed that he is more or less a Mioan player for a while. Let's see what happens. Obviously a very interesting player with a bright future.

Can't say I know much about Demirbay. I did watch Hoffenheim's games against Liverpool in August, but don't remember anything special about him in those games.
Preziosi confirmed the Pellegri interest, but has is looking to start a bidding war.

http://www.football-italia.net/110247/ge...t%E2%80%A6