Andre Silva
I felt like yesterday was the very first time Silva played for the team and with the team. In all of his previous appearances, he was trying too hard to impress which meant he missed the key idea of what his role is about. Yesterday he had a few opportunities to go at it himself but he chose the better options of either holding the ball and bringing others into the play or trying to assist others around him that were in better positions. 

I hope he plays on Thursday and scores a goal.....but more than that, I hope he doesn't go back to his previous appearances where he seemed to be a team of his own. 

It's clear he is very talented. Nobody can dispute that. Performances like last night's give all of us a reminder of that. 

I'd also like to note that I'm not suggesting he is selfish or anything like that. I was just pointing to the fact that he was trying too hard to impress and win himself more game time.
Andre Silva dopietta incoming on thursday
(02-19-2018, 10:24 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: His performance was excellent I agree, and as you said it was more than just his effort. In terms of differences to Cutrone, he's more technical and potentially (the keyword here) better in build up play than the Italian. I think both can build a partnership if it's nurtured correctly, as we've seen glimpses of it in EL. What was really positive to see was Cutrone went straight to him after the final whistle to joke about he "head assist" for Calhanoglu.

That said, for now it's hard to give Silva more time. He needs to keep repeating this appearance as a sub for a little while. Hopefully, he gets the start against Ludogorets this week though.

I have no doubts if he can maintain the efforts he showed yesterday, he will score sooner rather than later.

I agree. I meant in the future too, not right away. We shouldn't try to fix anything that's functioning well now. That means, unfortunately for Silva, he will need to earn it with even fewer opportunities.
Gattuso:  “When you are given the opportunity, you have to make the most of it. He needs to do far more, he has undeniable talent, but players at times need to let themselves be helped. If you don’t train in a certain way because you think that you won’t play, then you have to prove in training why you deserve to play."
Merge it with the existing thread?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Merged
Scored this excellent header yesterday https://streamable.com/4hnre
(05-29-2018, 09:10 AM)somedevil Wrote: Scored this excellent header yesterday https://streamable.com/4hnre

and was man of the match...
https://www.football-italia.net/125752/g...-milan-but

Gattuso's words about Silva lately. Certainly hope he can shine this season!
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
In fairness he's said the same before. I wish the best for Silva, would love him to explode, but I'm not convinced he'll remain at Milan come the summer's end tbh.