Matchday 35: Milan - Roma (Sunday, May 7, 2017 - 20:45 CET)
Donnarumma again after Sosa loses the ball
Something tells me we might just score A goal
Or 2 today
What the hell happened to our players after the takeover?
(05-07-2017, 08:37 PM)Acmir Wrote: What the hell happened to our players after the takeover?

(Hopefully) they were told to pack.
2-0 half time, though without Donnarumma it would be embarrassing. We're being outplayed in this match, it's not really a contest. I've been hugely supportive of Montella this year, and while I certainly want him to continue, you have to question his decisions this second half of the season in terms of player choice. Sosa just makes no sense to me, Vangioni is mediocre and I just don't understand how he has been getting nods ahead of Antonelli. Pasalic is another, he just doesn't contribute enough throughout the match to warrant a position or the faith he's been shown.

Earlier in the season, when we had the midfield of Locatelli, Kucka and Bonaventura, they found a solid balance and generally maintained a tight unit (with Bonaventura free to venture forward). However, with the constant chopping and changing, first as Niang's form dropped and then since Bonaventura got injured, the good shape we had before seems to be lost, the midfield is generally all over the place.

Deulofeu is also very, very frustrating to watch. Again, he's one I've supported for his workrate and direct pace and running, but he's got zero end product and struggles when he can't run in behind opponents. As long as teams make sure he's forced to play in front of them, there's really nothing for them to worry about. All of the responsibility always falls on Suso to create something, but it becomes easy for teams when he's the only genuine threat.

Today is just depressing so far, really praying that something improves second half.

Edit: Acmir, I think they've gotten distracted by it. Montella did well to shield them from it all earlier in the season and they focused on the work on the pitch, but right now everything related to Milan is about the takeover, so it's inevitable concentration has dipped.
I think everyone waits for next season, they almost clinched the UEL spot, and they wait for each one's destiny after the summer
(05-07-2017, 08:41 PM)GreenApe4Life Wrote: I think everyone waits for next season, they almost clinched the UEL spot, and they wait for each one's destiny after the summer

Welcome to MM

Bertolacci for Mati at HT
welcome GreenApe4Life. Smile

Some improvement this half. We're playing with greater intensity, the midfield is tighter and we seem more intent on getting crosses into the box with Suso and Deulofeu switching wings
Not sure how DES fouled there
Bertolacci with a half decent attempt. This half is boring

Edit: Ocampos for Vangioni. A mediocre wingback off for a mediocre winger