Matchday 32: Inter - Milan (Saturday April 15, 2017 - 12:30 CET)
No fucking way!!! I turned off the match at 94 because I thought there was no chance to get the equalizer. God damn it!
(04-15-2017, 01:36 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: No fucking way!!! I turned off the match at 94 because I thought there was no chance to get the equalizer. God damn it!

I actually firmly believed that we would score. Okmilan 

Perisic did score on us too on the dying minute in the earlier counter, so we are even (except each team instead of getting 3 points from winning one each, they now are even with 2 points with two draws. LOL.)
(04-15-2017, 01:40 PM)xudong Wrote: I actually firmly believed that we would score. Okmilan 

Perisic did score on us too on the dying minute in the earlier counter, so we are even (except each team instead of getting 3 points from winning one each, they now are even with 2 points with two draws. LOL.)

Even I had a feeling that it could be the repeat of the last matchup. ANd also, fuck inter.
Two goals coming from two CBs. We enjoyed more and more possession towards the final 15 mins as no way Inter could keep their intensity for the whole game, something that they tried to mitigate with taking out their wingers and replacing them with players of similar style.

Mati was our only midfielder who were up to Inter pressure, winning the ball numerous times though what he did with it wasn't as good. Loca helped since coming on because unlike Sosa he actually tried to create something meaningful. The goals came from scrappy if lucky play but hey, you take what you can get right?
per l'amaro e il dolce
Can't remember when was the last time that we scored from two corners.
Great way to claw back to a 2-2. It feels like a victory to be honest.

Cudos to the ref for letting the game play out and not letting Inter waste time in stoppage time and get away with it. I was so pissed that out of the 5 mins in stoppage time, the ball was barely in play for half of it because of Inter's antics. I don't say this often, but good job referee on that.

On to our players....among all the euphoria we shouldn't forget the perfermances of some players in this game. As someone already said, Bacca is just so limited. It's actually hard to believe at times that he is a professional footballer, let alone a striker.

Good move by Montella to double up on Nagatomo on the right side by bringing Deulofeu there on top of Suso. It was also a clear tactic to use that side as much as possible. Esentially, that's what won us the game and he deserves credit for it.

I am still annoyed at MDS for that terrible defending on the first goal, as well as at Donnarumma for allowing that weak effort to go in.

More or less, every game is a confirmation of what we already know about this squad and these players.

Good point nonetheless.

One last thing...shoutout to Locatelli for the tenacity and passion he brought to the game, but also quality. Good job kid!
Even if we had made one defensive error less and had capitalized on the scoring opportunities early on, this would've been a win. But I'll take this too. Esp since it came in the last minute.
Our side costs way less to set up than theirs, yet all the positives to us because our kids are up and coming, whilst the lot of theirs are soon to be in decline. Our team showed great heart to never give up even until the very last kick of the ball.

Looking forward to the rest of the matches, since we have way easier run ins than our rivals.

New era starts with a backs to the wall, against all odds comeback. I'll take it as a good sign for the future. Now all we need are some smart signings and the renewal of our young core, and we'll be set for the coming few years.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(04-15-2017, 02:44 PM)Ryo Wrote: Our side costs way less to set up than theirs, yet all the positives to us because our kids are up and coming, whilst the lot of theirs are soon to be in decline. Our team showed great heart to never give up even until the very last kick of the ball.

Looking forward to the rest of the matches, since we have way easier run ins than our rivals.

New era starts with a backs to the wall, against all odds comeback. I'll take it as a good sign for the future. Now all we need are some smart signings and the renewal of our young core, and we'll be set for the coming few years.

Exactly my thoughts. They have a good team, as much as I hate to admit that about fucking Inter. Sure, most of our second half was wasteful but the fight back was nothing to be shy about. This was quite an incredible comeback.
(04-15-2017, 02:44 PM)Ryo Wrote: Our side costs way less to set up than theirs, yet all the positives to us because our kids are up and coming, whilst the lot of theirs are soon to be in decline. Our team showed great heart to never give up even until the very last kick of the ball.

Well said. I feel that we now have a bright future to look forward to. Smile