Matchday 32: Inter - Milan (Saturday April 15, 2017 - 12:30 CET)
Certainly a great and somewhat surprising comeback. We weren't really creating that many chances and Inter were getting plenty on the counter. Last roll of the dice went in our favour (partially thanks to some terrible decision making by Inter in the attacking third)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Siamo a posto cosi.
Dont like the way we conceded 2 easy goals but love the spirit we fought til dying minutes to get 2nd goal. Delofoue should stay and make his story with new Milan Smile
Not sure how long till they take this off, but...

The last 14 minutes of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7-r0C-wHdw
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Man, I watched the game for 70 minutes and we couldn't score anything. As soon as I went to bed, we scored two and tied the game. Watching that video Ryo posted, something really stick out to me. This season, despite that we are still not a great team, we have been able to do a much better job controlling the ball and the tempo of the game. Our midfield doesn't have a lot of talent, but they are not the errand passing machines of previous years at all. Our ability to dictate tempo also helped us generate pressure when we needed to. Montella has definitely got the magic touch to be able to whip this group of half ass midfielders into competent players.
I like what is saw from locatelli. The grit that he showed really put the in my belly.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
(04-12-2017, 10:45 PM)xudong Wrote: Wait, I thought I was going to open the thread? Angry

Big Grin

I'm leaving it in your hands this time, buddy! Don't disappoint Big Grin
Siamo a posto cosi.
The last minute of the match from the opposition's point of view Big Grin

Had to rewatch the game couldn't believe we came back. I went back to sleep after the first half pissed off bc the game was at 6:30am for me
(04-17-2017, 02:28 PM)Mystik Wrote: I'm leaving it in your hands this time, buddy! Don't disappoint Big Grin

No, you should continue after such a positive result. Big Grin

Plus, I am terribly busy.  Confused
Didn't get to see the match live as I was away (though keeping track of the score). I did catch up on watching it yesterday and must say I thought the draw was fair, I think we actually could have won given the performance and I think on the whole we were actually the better team.

That said, it's evident there are some obvious issues with this side that I hope can be improved in the summer. A few bullets of things I noticed:

- We need a leader in defence. We have 3 young players at the back (4 if you count Donnarumma) and Zapata simply isn't suited in this backline. His performance was actually concerning, as he'd push out with Icardi through the match and was regularly caught out as a result allowing Inter to get in behind. The Icardi goal was as a result of this. I'm not sure if Musacchio's able to lead the backline, but I sure hope he's a strong communicator.

- The midfield Sad Kucka and Sosa are simply not good enough and while Mati did well, it is evident he's not had as much time to integrate into the team as others, nor is he one to rebuild around if we want to be a top team. Locatelli was great after coming on and I fully expect him to return to the starting lineup sooner rather than later. Basically, we need a whole new midfield with only a talented but raw Locatelli looking good enough going forward.

- Deulofeu is a useful player but not quite a top player yet. Obviously his end product is lacking and decision making needs to improve. If possible to get him, I would like to see him join this summer as he has qualities that we really benefit from (pace and direct running), but if not I won't lose sleep either. I think under Montella he would improve on the issues and could reach his potential.

- Bacca is too limited. This isn't a surprise, but he's simply not what this side needs and honestly I can't remember him making a big impression against a big side for us.

Despite the flaws, it was a good game, both in quality and entertainment. I accept mistakes in highly charged and emotional matches like these are inevitable, so there are a few instances where I can accept players making errors. I actually think mentally we composed ourselves better than Inter and while Montella did well with his decision making during the match, Pioli made errors in the changes he made to let us back into a game that should have been closed off.