Question: Any common ground with Inter?
Hi Milan fans - I hope you don't mind me coming here simply to ask a question, but I am in London, so there are not so many of you about!

I'm writing something on ground-sharing and wondered about your experiences, in particular your relationship with Inter fans. 

I'm sure your rivalry is fierce, but has sharing a home helped any of you to understand each other? 

Does anyone have anything positive to say about the situation. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

PS. I am not Luther Blissett, but I have met him - nice guy!
Sharing a ground for decades is in big part due to Italian culture of moving slowly. In another place, England just to name one - even *without* EPL money - one of the teams would have built their own stadium long ago and left, probably would have started not sharing a ground too. As for fan attitude towards another, I don't think the Milan derby is the fiercest hatred in the world. There are other derbies where fans regularly literally fight each other. Within Italy Roma and Lazio fans are probably more hostile for example.

Welcome to MM, thanks for being here.
(04-05-2017, 04:06 PM)reza Wrote: Sharing a ground for decades is in big part due to Italian culture of moving slowly. In another place, England just to name one - even  *without* EPL money - one of the teams would have built their own stadium long ago and left, probably would have started not sharing a ground too. As for fan attitude towards another, I don't think the Milan derby is the fiercest hatred in the world. There are other derbies where fans regularly literally fight each other. Within Italy Roma and Lazio fans are probably more hostile for example.

Welcome to MM, thanks for being here.

Thanks for responding, Reza.

You have shared a home for a long time. And you have both been extremely successful at the San Siro. Maybe you don't resent each other too much? Or have learned to live with each other? It must be preferable to the situation with Lazio and Roma, at least.
The Milan and Inter ultras have made a "pact" with each other not to have any issues (fights/hostility) with one another. This has been a friendly agreement for years now and all the teasing and insults are said/sang in the stadium and than that's it.
Inter and their fans can go fuck themselves. I don't even wear black shirts with blue jeans coz they are Inter color-like.
I see. That's commitment.

Over here, they say there are people in Newcastle who will not eat bacon, because it remind them of the red and white stripes of their neighbours, Sunderland.
Welcome to MM Luther. Smile

I think Milan and Inter's relationship, both between the club and the two sets of fans is amicable. Both clubs have had business together, whether it be buying and selling players and fans have a pact to avoid violence and generally speaking, while there is a competitive spirit at derbies, it's usually one of sporting competitiveness and not hostility.

As for sharing a stadium, tbh I don't know about the past but most fans probably haven't experienced anything other than sharing a stadium, so it's basically the status quo and just generally accepted as normality.
Tough game, a draw is good enough but I foresee defeat here

gclub
um... methinks this bloke is a fake to promote some rubbish in a language I can't understand