Matchday 14: Empoli - Milan (Saturday, November 26 - 20:45 CET)
As of one day before match Gazzetta predicting even more changes than we think. Romagnoli might not be risked even though he is "ready", Bacca definitely out of course but then Gazzetta says Lapadula, Antonelli, Mati and Pasalic all start... no Niang, Kucka, De Sciglio
Montella has proven that he won't make many changes to his line-up from one week to the next. This would certainly be out of character for him, especially after the Poli/Honda change against Genoa.

I wonder if those players (Niang, Kucka, De Sciglio) have some sort of an injury/fatigue problem, or if they have gotten on Montella's wrong side for some reason during(after) the derby!

I thought Mati showed some good signs against Inter, and I am glad that he is probable to start....but I don't know if we should change (almost) the entire midfield by putting Pasalic in there as well.
He's again experimenting on tricky away match. Hope it will not end up like it did in Genoa.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
I don't disagree but Empoli's home record is 5 out of 21 points and 2 goals scored. IF rotation is required, this is as good as any.
True. But in all honesty, I don't know that rotation is required. Professional footballers should be able to play 1 game per week without much of a problem.

I agree that Romagnoli shouldn't be risked however. If we can't handle Empoli's attack that's scored 6 goals all year without Alessio, than we have bigger problems to worry about.
They are bad ,but last two seasons we got only 1 point from that match. I think that we have 1 vicotry in last 4 or 5 games against them on their field.
Despite that ,of course we're favourites and victory is expected (at least for me) because of Empolis poor performance this season ,but...it won't be easy match no matter they're joke of a team and certenly home match against Crotone is better option to rest. As it was home game against Pescara rather than away with Genoa.
It's other thing if our players dying of exhaustion...but i don't think it's true.
What would happen if we played Europe this season? What will happen when we play Europe next season?
Any word on how Mauri is doing this season? We still own him right? He had the potential but never really got a chance under Miha.
I think he's getting reasonable game time now, but I don't think he's doing anything exceptional.
Empoli: Skorupski; Veseli, Bellusci, A Costa, Pasqual; Krunic, Diousse, Croce; Saponara; Marilungo, Maccarone

Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Romagnoli, Gomez, De Sciglio; Mati Fernandez, Locatelli, Pasalic; Bonaventura, Lapadula, Suso
Glad to see Mati get some game time. Hoping Gomez does well to spark a younger partnership with Roma, and as much as I like Pasalic, I still don't see the worth of playing him if we don't have the option of buying him after the loan.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool