Matchday 5: Milan - Lazio (Tuesday, September 20th - 20:45 CET)
Yep. Wins with clean sheets are particularly satisfying. Okmilan

Don't think we can keep it up though. Big test next on Sunday, and we are probably gonna fail. Sad
(09-21-2016, 04:28 AM)xudong Wrote: Yep. Wins with clean sheets are particularly satisfying. Okmilan

Don't think we can keep it up though. Big test next on Sunday, and we are probably gonna fa
Donna & Bacca will make us smile again  Devilcool

OptaPaolo
Carlos Bacca has bagged 23 goals in Serie A from just 45 shots on target attempted so far. Pledge.
Gazzetta's also made a comment about how we started with 6 U-23 players yesterday and the growth they've shown, as did Jankulovski (who I think attended the match). Never mind Locatelli and Gomez coming off the bench.

We shouldn't underestimate the importance and value of this, because it's starting to give credence to what I've been saying for years now, that our work in the youth sector is good and shouldn't be ignored, but instead we should have a clear focus on it.

Montella's work should be credited for actually playing these guys, but this work stems from before, it's one of the positives at the club over recent years. We ended the game last night with 4 homegrown players on the pitch. That's a great achievement for us, a real source of pride.
(09-21-2016, 09:06 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Gazzetta's also made a comment about how we started with 6 U-23 players yesterday and the growth they've shown, as did Jankulovski (who I think attended the match). Never mind Locatelli and Gomez coming off the bench.

We shouldn't underestimate the importance and value of this, because it's starting to give credence to what I've been saying for years now, that our work in the youth sector is good and shouldn't be ignored, but instead we should have a clear focus on it.

Montella's work should be credited for actually playing these guys, but this work stems from before, it's one of the positives at the club over recent years. We ended the game last night with 4 homegrown players on the pitch. That's a great achievement for us, a real source of pride.

Man I have been saying this forever - that we have a good foundation and even Berlusconi, without selling, could've built something special here. Esp, if we had followed the youth project plan Babs was trying to implement. The great Milan teams have always been built on home grown talent and I really want to see that continued. 

Just yest I was posting on a forum that with Gigio, Calabria, Gomez, Romagnoli and De Sciglio we have a great setup for the future. Then you have Locatelli in front of them. Not to mention the many other upcoming youth prospects, esp the class of 98. We could end up with something really special.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuY2JhBBso

I counted 5 vertical passes that split their midfield line and found a target behind it. This is great stuff...
Just see his first touch at 0:35. Montoleaveo would've lost the ball instantly.
next season locatelli should be rotation player if he continues to grow like this and in 2 years become the undisputed midfield, right now can come from the bench