Gustavo Gomez
Will he be eligible for Serie A against Torino? I read elsewhere that he was still in the process of getting his Italian passport.
In order to open a non EU spot, has no effect on playing in the opener as far as I know
yes, but I heard that his contract has not been deposited because Milan tried to register him as an EU player. I don't think one can be registered with non-EU status then changed to EU status later during the season, right?

so, if I understand the situation correctly, if we want to have him available for Sunday, he will need to be registered with or without an EU passport.
If so I guess we can file that under management disasters, because he is supposedly training hard to be ready to play vs Torino
Sounds good. I just needed to know that he would be ready for Torino game. With Romagnoli out, I think we are desperate for his service. Zapata, Ely are both out too (not that they are reliable, but anyone is better than Vergara), I think? We need to make sure that Vergara stay as far as possible from San Siro (unless we sell him to Inter Milan). Big Grin
(08-17-2016, 01:28 AM)xudong Wrote: Sounds good. I just needed to know that he would be ready for Torino game. With Romagnoli out, I think we are desperate for his service. Zapata, Ely are both out too (not that they are reliable, but anyone is better than Vergara), I think? We need to make sure that Vergara stay as far as possible from San Siro (unless we sell him to Inter Milan). Big Grin

Why is Romagnoli out and for how long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read his contract was deposited a few days ago, so I think he's clear to play officially.

On Romagnoli, I read it was something like a small muscle pull, nothing serious and I think is set to return after Torino (that was a few days ago so not sure if anything's changed)
Dev, thanks for sharing the news on both Gomez and Romagnoli. I think we should rest Romagnoli fully. Too bad it is Napoli we play soon; otherwise, I say let him take some serious days off. Wink
Spoke to another South American guy a bit earlier and he was very positive about Gomez.

This is what he said - "Solid defender, haven't got really any weak point, and have leadership skills, for his age has a lot of experience, I think his only barrier at the moment will be the language, but hopefully there are some spanish-speaking players who can help him"
He played as left fullback and right fullback (coming as sub) in the last two friendly games right? We have now option a defensive formation in the backline if we want like utilize one of our fullback. Like in Carlo era, playing Stam or Simic on the right side while Serginho bombing on the left side.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta