Gianluca Lapadula
I agree. He hasn't really gotten a chance so far. The 1 or 2 starts he had were rough for him but also for the whole team. I remember against Sampdoria, the whole team struggled, not just him.

All in all, I hope the club and Montella start treating him with a little bit more respect. Bacca is allowed to have 3-4 quiet games in a row...but Lapadula has 1, and back on the bench after that. I think a lot of this has to do with Bacca's attitude. If he was more accepting of being on the bench, Lapadula would have had more opportunities. As it is, Montella doesn't probably want to create a problem in the dressing room and on the sidelines...so it's easier to play Bacca because Lapadula won't complain..AND there are no problems that way.

But things need to change. We can't play players because of their names and if Lapadula deserves to play more and start more, than he should. I believe he does, also because he needs time on the field with his teammates. Let him start 3-4 games in a row and get continuity, and than we can properly say if he or Bacca should be starting here. If Bacca was lighting up the scoreboard than ok...can't really bench him. But he is not, so there is no reason not to look for other solutions.

On a separate note...a lot of people are talking about Belotti...but Lapadula is almost an identical player with identical qualities. So let's see if he works out first before looking elsewhere.
This last part probably belongs in the winter market thread...but I thought it made more sense to put it here for now.
Noone mentions his wonderful 3rd goal in friendly game? He wore no 9 shirt and scored a hattrick Smile
lol, I assume it's because in fairness it doesn't mean a huge amount when the opponent is San Marino. That said, well done to him, the third goal was particularly nice, and two assists to him from Conti (hopefully ours soon) on top. Politano's goal was the best imo, I really like watching him.
Official to Genoa.

Looks to be initial 2 million and for 12 to 13 million total.
(07-18-2017, 02:00 PM)reza Wrote: Official to Genoa.

Looks to be initial 2 million and for 12 to 13 million total.

3 million profit... not bad