Poll: Will Kondogbia make us regret not signing him?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, he'll help Inter dominate midfield
0%
0 0%
No, we will be able to keep him quiet
38.46%
5 38.46%
Poli for president
61.54%
8 61.54%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Week 3: Inter - Milan (Sunday, September 13, - 20:45 CET)
Is it just me or does no one really pay much attention to this international break? I don't think I watched a single match so far and I don't feel like I was missing out on anything.

I don't particularly like the derby being this early in the season because neither team has really hit their stride yet. I think this is the first season that they have taken out the rule that the top teams can't face each other in the first..(7?) weeks of the season. 

I think that we pretty much know what to expect from our team but the real unknown quantity is Inter. With so many new players in their starting 11, they could look like scudetto contenders one week but relegation contenders the next. I think that we'll definitely have an exciting derby even if it won't be a display of technical excellence. 

Will Miha's words fire up the team or just demoralize the players further? Will Inter's players start to gel after what I've heard were two unconvincing performances in Week's 1 and 2?

News, lineups, etc to follow!

FORZA MILAN!
Siamo a posto cosi.
go poli!!!!
better than donald trump for sure
(09-06-2015, 02:02 PM)Mystik Wrote: Is it just me or does no one really pay much attention to this international break? I don't think I watched a single match so far and I don't feel like I was missing out on anything.

I don't particularly like the derby being this early in the season because neither team has really hit their stride yet. I think this is the first season that they have taken out the rule that the top teams can't face each other in the first..(7?) weeks of the season. 

I think that we pretty much know what to expect from our team but the real unknown quantity is Inter. With so many new players in their starting 11, they could look like scudetto contenders one week but relegation contenders the next. I think that we'll definitely have an exciting derby even if it won't be a display of technical excellence. 

Will Miha's words fire up the team or just demoralize the players further? Will Inter's players start to gel after what I've heard were two unconvincing performances in Week's 1 and 2?

FORZA MILAN!

You are not alone! I am not giving any attention to this international break either. Big Grin

About your mentioning "the rule", I don't think it is the case. I remember a few seasons ago we played Inter Milan in August (when Mourinho just bought Sneijder and kicked our ass really bad), and just last season we played Juventus at the third round. And back in 1991-92, I remember Milan played Juventus also at the third round, and we have played Lazio at least three times in the first round (06-07, shortly after that too, and last season). 

Back to this derby, I was at first happy with the two weeks because we could certainly use it for Witsel to gel into the team; who knows that we didn't have him while Inter got three nice additions in the final day, now the advantage is tilted towards them. Angry

Regardless, I hope that we will win. It is about time that Inter Milan pay for their good luck in the first two rounds.
Just saw the poll. Why is there a "Poli for president" option?  Huh How silly is that?  Angry and everyone picked it too?  Confused 

I just have to go with the crowd then. Icon_lol2Grinundwech
I thought I heard that on a podcast somewhere that there was a rule of teams not meeting each other in the first weeks of the season. Now that you mention it, I think it was England, not Italy. Or maybe I'm just confused Grinundwech
Siamo a posto cosi.
Where is the Bielsa for president option?  Signs146
(09-06-2015, 03:06 PM)sylrus Wrote: go poli!!!!
better than donald trump for sure

Sagrin Sagrin Sagrin
better than Zon
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(09-06-2015, 02:02 PM)Mystik Wrote: Is it just me or does no one really pay much attention to this international break? I don't think I watched a single match so far and I don't feel like I was missing out on anything.

FORZA MILAN!

If that rule where top teams couldnt face each other in the first 7 or whatever weeks existed, it probably isn't taken out. It just doesn't apply to us nor inter because we were both 6-7 points away from being at the bottom half of the table. I'd imagine it worked based on previous seasons finish, or some type of point scale given it would be unfair for a team to be given that rule based on their history. Then again, I've never heard of it before I'm not sure it applied to Seria A like Xu was saying.
Roma played Juventus last week, and they were last season's top two. I don't think Serie A ever had that rule.
I think Xu is right but I really can't remember where I heard that from. Maybe it was another league or maybe I'm making it up all together?
Siamo a posto cosi.