Greatest Milan of the Berlusconi era
Rossi is not even a top 3 keepers in Italy, While Dida at one time was fighting with Buffon as the best keeper in the world.
when Rossi played he his defence was tassoti,baresi,costacurta and maldini.when dida played his defence was cafu,nesta,stam/kaladze,maldini

rossi had better defence,but also italian league was much more stronger than it was in dida's time,so I think that Rossi is definitly better goalkeeper than dida whose idiotic reactions cost us winning scudetto in 2005..And please Rossi wasn't in NT just because Sacchi already had entire Milan's defence in it...

defence made Rossi a good goalkeeper but Rossi made that defence look even greater...
3bandiera MILANO SIAMO NOI!!!! 3bandiera
Wasn't sure where else to post this, but a little treat for all those interested in Sacchi's Milan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRyFdrO8d8
I'm not sure if I've seen this one before..I think I downloaded all the finals and watched those. I'll be taking a look at this when I get home. Thanks Dev!
Siamo a posto cosi.
no problem Smile
Some of the most clinical finishing you'll ever see in football. Complete OPPOSITE of the Milan of today Big Grin
Siamo a posto cosi.
(12-03-2011, 05:01 AM)Mystik Wrote: Some of the most clinical finishing you'll ever see in football. Complete OPPOSITE of the Milan of today Big Grin

Very true. We totally dominated Real in the match with our pressing game. This also was not just any Real, they were on the verge of their third straight La Liga and had only lost to Celta Vigo that season, which was the game before this semi-final and they'd been totally focused on European Cup.

They had some great talents too like butragueno, Sanchez, Michel and Schuster to name a few.

Here's another little video I found when I came across the match. It's great to see how we pushed our defensive line up the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dnx16-tEF4

Worth bearing in mind, due to the offside rule change (active and non active players), this idea is no longer possible, even though personally I prefer the old offside rule, as it was simpler to implement and also because it made the game more balanced, whereas the current rule only supports the attacking team.
but the new rule is more exciting though. Big Grin

And it has certainly made the job much more difficult for the referees, adding more contraversy to the game.
aka xudong
(12-03-2011, 05:21 PM)xudong Wrote: but the new rule is more exciting though. Big Grin

And it has certainly made the job much more difficult for the referees, adding more contraversy to the game.

lol true, but I felt the old system often felt like it had more structure in it and in terms of tactics I felt it was better overall for the game. I'm not a huge fan of the current offside rule, which in truth often results in more rushed moves and less about how teams implement specific strategies.

That said, it could be because I thought football was better back then too, not just the general quality, but noticeably also the balance of teams. In Italy for example, there were always about 6-7 teams capable of winning Serie A and every one of them capable of competing and winning in Europe. In Spain, it was mainly Real and Barca, but they were 2 of the great Real and Barca sides in history, while England was suffering during that time due to Hilsborough, but then other sides, like Ajax in Holland and Marseille (not that I was a fan) in France were coming through with exciting brands of football. Let's not also ignore teams from lesser known countries. A great example is Steaua, who we beat 4-0 in 1989, were one of the very best teams in the world at the time.
Too much money is involved in football nowadays, and football is no longer "pure". these days, clubs and players are becoming "slaves" in a sense.

I also kinda miss the old format of champions league (European Cup back then) where just it was just the pure two-leg duel. I remember in 89-90, Milan was drawn against Real Madrid at the second round, and yes, Real Madrid was eliminated only two months after the season began. I guess these days they won't allow that kind of thing to happen.
aka xudong