Milan's Financial Position
(12-14-2021, 07:23 AM)Ryo Wrote: We also had zero gate receipts last season, on current balance, we've already have like 28M in gate receipts up to the Liverpool match.
Add that to our revenues this season and whatever we earn for the rest of the season (most of the big games we've played so far have been away games), and we could potentially be talking about a profit balance.

100% not to mention any new deals we make with sponsors and the like.
Pretty interesting article. Our income from commercial activities and really low income from sales puts us miles behind Inter and Juventus. Juve have 100 million euros more in commercial renevue, thats just insane..

https://sempremilan.com/breaking-down-mi...1-accounts
There is talk of FFP changing. One major change being tying spending to revenue, possibly that 70% of revenue can be spent on football (transfers, wages).
But this means the rich can spend more...
I will never understand how UEFA can try and limit what clubs can do financially. Clubs are "for profit" organizations. As such, they should be allowed to do with their finances as they see fit and as they are able to (as long ad they are within the laws and regulations of whatever financial governing body they are under). If they manage their funds terribly and disappear from the face of the earth, so be it. Companies go bankrupt every day. It's the way of the world. UEFA organizes competitions (CL, EL, etc), they have qualifications to determine who gets in, there is prize money, there is profits, there are distributions to national football federations, etc etc, etc. It's an entire industry, like ANY other. Why in the world would you limit what clubs can do with their own money!?!?!? If they can borrow, let them. If they can't service that debt, then let them burn in hell. That's what "for profit" organizations do. They try to make money and succeed in their industry. Some succeed, some don't.
Barca should be gone and bankrupt already, even with UEFA 'rules'. I am not saying UEFA should or shouldn't do anything but in a free to spend world is it just ok that a team like Barca is dead?

I am NOT a Barca fan and don't care at all, I am only using this as it would be a big example.
(03-23-2022, 08:05 PM)reza Wrote: There is talk of FFP changing. One major change being tying spending to revenue, possibly that 70% of revenue can be spent on football (transfers, wages).
But this means the rich can spend more...

This is a joke. more rules to keep the top teams + EPL ahead and keep others from catching up.
But... under the new rules... only Milan and Atalanta would be running within the FFP changes. That says something for the way Maldini has set us up.
(03-24-2022, 12:11 AM)reza Wrote: Barca should be gone and bankrupt already, even with UEFA 'rules'. I am not saying UEFA should or shouldn't do anything but in a free to spend world is it just ok that a team like Barca is dead?

I am NOT a Barca fan and don't care at all, I am only using this as it would be a big example.

Is it ok that countless other (non football related) companies are dead on a daily basis because they were terribly managed, made bad investments OR simply circumstances in the world just went against them? It's not "ok" of course. But it happens. It is a "normal" occurence in the world of business. And football clubs are businesses. 

Also, Barca is probabpy a bad example. Because if anything, they are alive today for the exact reasons I noted. Because they've been allowed to operate as a business. To take loans, to "dig" themselves out of a hole. Is it going to work out for them or will they end up sinking even deeper financially? Time will tell. But banning them from European competitions because of that and denying them that potential revenue is definitely not the amswer. If anything, it'll end them even sooner. 

If UEFA wants to level the playing field, then a salary cap for European competitions is probably the best answer imo.
(03-24-2022, 11:53 AM)nefremo Wrote: Is it ok that countless other (non football related) companies are dead on a daily basis because they were terribly managed, made bad investments OR simply circumstances in the world just went against them? It's not "ok" of course. But it happens. It is a "normal" occurence in the world of business. And football clubs are businesses. 

Also, Barca is probabpy a bad example. Because if anything, they are alive today for the exact reasons I noted. Because they've been allowed to operate as a business. To take loans, to "dig" themselves out of a hole. Is it going to work out for them or will they end up sinking even deeper financially? Time will tell. But banning them from European competitions because of that and denying them that potential revenue is definitely not the amswer. If anything, it'll end them even sooner. 

If UEFA wants to level the playing field, then a salary cap for European competitions is probably the best answer imo.

I think they could vastly change the landscape of European football if they upped the number of same league players. or reintroduced the old school x number must play. many of the teams just register some youth players that will never get a run just to make up the numbers. if they had to play 3 same league and 1 home grown for example then that in itself forces teams to change the way they're working.

But Salary cap is an easier way forward. Just not sure it works to be honest. a lot of the top teams will still find a way.
3 million bonus cause Hauge and Frankfurt win Europa League.

We rich now Coffee
(05-18-2022, 11:33 PM)reza Wrote: 3 million bonus cause Hauge and Frankfurt win Europa League.

We rich now  Coffee

Which will help pay Castilejo's salary for another year  Okmilan