Primavera players
It was suggested to have a thread about primavera players to keep tabs on them Smile

forza ragazzi Big Grin
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
Race to U19 finals in Romania gathers pace
Published: Wednesday 27 April 2011, 9.00CET

The UEFA European Under-19 Championship elite round kicks off on Thursday, with 28 teams aiming for seven places alongside hosts Romania in this summer's final tournament.

[Image: 1622366_w2.jpg]
28 teams, plus hosts Romania, are still in contention to lift the UEFA European Under-19 Championship trophy this year

The 28 teams bidding for a place in the 2010/11 UEFA European Under-19 Championship finals in Romania will be hoping to secure the seven qualifying berths on offer when the elite round kicks off this week.

The hosts are already assured of their final place, and Serbia, Wales, Moldova and Norway will have the first chance to join them when Group 6 gets under way on Thursday, Norway are hosts, with games continuing on Saturday and Tuesday with only the group winners to qualify.

There is then a break before the second of the seven elite round sections, Group 5, kicks off in the Czech Republic on 19 May, with holders France among the four sides in Group 3, which starts the following day. The top team in each of the seven sections qualify for the final tournament, which will be played between 20 July and 1 August.

The curtain comes down on the elite round on 5 June, when Group 2 – featuring four-time winners Spain – and Group 7, which includes 2008 champions Germany, conclude. The draw for the final tournament takes place in Bucharest on 8 June.

Elite round
Group 1 (24-29 May): Belgium, Estonia, Portugal, Croatia*
Group 2 (31 May-5 June): Spain, England, Switzerland*, Montenegro
Group 3 (20-25 May): France (holders), Slovakia*, Belarus, Greece
Group 4 (24-29 May): Italy, Republic of Ireland, Ukraine, Poland*
Group 5 (19-24 May): Netherlands, Russia, Israel, Czech Republic*
Group 6 (28 April-3 May): Serbia, Norway*, Wales, Moldova
Group 7 (31 May-5 June): Germany, Turkey*, Hungary, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia

*Hosts

source: http://www.uefa.com/under19/news/newsid=1622368.html

Beretta brilliance takes Italy past Ukraine
Published: Tuesday 24 May 2011, 20.06CET

Italy 1-0 Ukraine

Giacomo Beretta's overhead kick settled the Group 4 opener in Szczecinek despite Maxym Koval's best efforts.

[Image: 827286_w2.jpg]
Giacomo Beretta (right) scored Italy's winner against Ukraine

AC Milan youngster Giacomo Beretta scored with a bicycle kick to give Italy a 1-0 win against Ukraine in their opening UEFA European Under-19 Championship elite round Group 4 game in Szczecinek, Poland.

Beretta, who was handed his Serie A debut at the start of the month, made his mark after 67 minutes, returning the ball with interest after a Ukrainian clearance fell short. Olexander Golovko's side had made a bright start at the OSIR Szczecinek Stadium, but Francesco Bardi denied both Borys Tashchy and Pylyp Budkivskiy in one-on-one situations in the first ten minutes, and it was Maxym Koval who was to be the busier of the two goalkeepers therafter.

Captain Oleksandr Noyok had already hooked a Cristiano Biraghi effort off the line before the FC Dynamo Kyiv custodian was called on to deny Stephan El Shaarawy, first when through on goal and again from a fine 20-metre shot just before the break. Paolo Rozzio blocked a close-range Tashchy shot just after the restart and following Berretta's strike, Budkivskiy passed up a decent chance to equalise when he headed Vladislav Kalitvintsev's cross wide. Having denied substitute Pietro Iemmello at the other end, Koval came up for a late corner as Ukraine fought for an equaliser, but his header was just off target.

source: http://www.uefa.com/under19/matches/seas...index.html

Italy stride closer to U19 qualification
Published: Thursday 26 May 2011, 22.40CET

Italy 3-1 Poland

A draw against the Republic of Ireland on Sunday will earn Italy a place at the finals after this defeat of the mini-tournament hosts.

[Image: 1622579_w2.jpg]
Daniele Zoratto's Italy are in pole position to win Group 4

Italy edged closer to a place in the UEFA European Under-19 Championship finals after a comfortable victory against Poland.

Daniele Zoratto's side lead elite round Group 4 by two points from the Republic of Ireland, who they play on Sunday knowing a draw will be sufficient to secure a berth at July's final tournament in Romania.

Italy immediately took control, opening the scoring on 14 minutes, Mario Sampirisi linking well with Stephan El Shaarawy before driving into the penalty area and slotting the ball into the net. Poland showed good character and hit back six minutes before the break through Michał Żyro.

Poland began the second half in buoyant fashion but were made to rue their lack of fortune in front of goal when Giacomo Beretta fed Nadir Minotti, who finished with aplomb to restore Italy's advantage. With ten minutes remaining, Federico Viviani put the result beyond doubt with a perfectly-placed free-kick.

"It was a difficult match because Poland proved to be a strong opponent," said Zoratto. "We had lot of chances and we were more clinical than Poland. This game cost us a lot of energy, so we have to recover quickly before the decisive match against Ireland."

source: http://www.uefa.com/under19/matches/seas...index.html

National team coach Zoratto's squad for the qualifiers is as follows:

Goalkeepers: Bardi (Inter), Leali (Brescia);
Defenders: Benedetti (Inter), Camporese (Fiorentina), Biraghi (Inter), Rozzio (Canavese), Piccini (Fiorentina), Sini (Lecce);
Midfielders: Sampirisi (Milan), Romanò (Inter), Crisetig (Inter), Minotti (Atalanta), Viviani (Roma), Ardizzone (Palermo);
Forwards: Carraro (Fiorentina), Iemmello (Fiorentina), El Shaarawy (Padova), Beretta (Milan).

Mario Samparisi:
[Image: 766-2.jpg]

Samparisi and Beretta played as starter in both games against Ukraine and Poland. Beretta scored 1 goal against Ukraine and provided 1 assist in the game vs Poland.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Why he did not call Verdi??
I wonder if and how I can watch them play? Now that the season for Milan is over.
aka xudong
We are final 8 in Primavera, so the season is not over yet. We will playing vs a strong Roma side...Calvano is injured...
Italy lost to Republic Ireland 0-3 in the last game and failed to qualify to the final tournament.

Anyone can confirm that Mattia Valoti will be join Milan first team for next season? I read on other forum (fortunately it seems google-translated news) which says Valoti will join the first team next season.

Valoti was brought by Milan in this winter IIRC (co-ownership with his former club AlbinoLeffe). If I am not mistaken, AlbinoLeffe coach said that Valoti is kind type of Kaka, Pastore. I was checking his stats with AlbinoLeffe, he is not even a regular player in AlbinoLeffe and managed only to play 2 games. But he played with AlbinoLeffe Primavera and is their top scorer (19 games, 8 goals) this season even he supposes to be a midfielder. Well, I think the news (from other forum I mentioned above) was just so bad translated by google language tools. He will probably play with Primavera next season but I do hope he will be brought to summer friendly games.

He is 1,81 m and was born in Sep 6, 1993.

EDIT: Italy failed to qualify, I thought Italy have been already qualified when they won their second game but they were haven't. Sorry for the mistake.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I think I have read somewhere that Milan have invested a lot in the youth department, following Barcelona's model. If that's true, it would be great really, especially now that the Financial Fair Play will come along. That way we won't pay ridiculous amounts of money to buy quality players, prices are highly inflated these days. I love when players from the youth academy break into the first team and become great players.

If anyone can confirm this and give a link would be appreciated. .
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(05-31-2011, 10:58 AM)theaxeofpain Wrote: I think I have read somewhere that Milan have invested a lot in the youth department, following Barcelona's model. If that's true, it would be great really, especially now that the Financial Fair Play will come along. That way we won't pay ridiculous amounts of money to buy quality players, prices are highly inflated these days. I love when players from the youth academy break into the first team and become great players.

If anyone can confirm this and give a link would be appreciated. .

Milan invested a lot in youth development a couple of years ago, and started signing some promising youth players. Strasser was signed in his teens, and nowerdays we have guys like Fossatti (slightly odd case as he was at Milan before joining Inter and coming back), Santonicito (sp?), Rodrigo Ely, Edmund Hotter and Merkel.

In addition to this, we got Evani heavily involved in developing our youth set up, as well as Stroppa coaching (I think Evani was coaching before him). We also got Mauro Pederzoli, a respected scout (worked at Liverpool during the Benitez years) who essentially finds us young talent to develop.

Sorry I don't have specific articles for all this, but it's definitely an initiative the club has taken in recent years and the results can be seen with the improved results at our youth level.
I don't know the model of youth developement of Barcelona but it is true that Milan have been investing a lot for the youth since 2009 IIRC. We bought many supposedly talented young players and one of them is Merkel. The problem with the youth in Italy, beside probably the lack of quality youth, is the competition for the young players to gain experience. In Spain they have B team who can play in lower league and even get promotion to the highest level 1 divison under the first team's division. Barcelona B were playing in Segunda Division (just below Primera Division) and we can imagine how many youngsters could get so important games in that division. Guirdiola or the Barca coach can just call up the best players from B team to just train with or promote to the first team. This kind of competition in Italy we don't have.

The young players need to go to the lower club after they can't play again in Primavera due to age limitation and the HAVE TO fight with experienced players for chance. I think, it is hard for young players to compete with established ones except special talented players or wonder kids but many stars now were not super talented when they were young. They established themselves into stars by having games and games. By having B team or reserve team like in England the young players can get MUCH better chance to play since they only need to compete with 1-3 years older players or even within the same age. The youth can stay there for some years and promote to the first team when they are ready to play in big competition like La Liga.