Poll: Who should be next Milan coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pippo, Who Else?
21.05%
4 21.05%
Seedorf, Return of the Legend
10.53%
2 10.53%
Berlusconi, 2 CFs or Bust
0%
0 0%
Conte, Reformed Juventino
10.53%
2 10.53%
Ancelotti, Back for the Attack
31.58%
6 31.58%
Emery, Spanish Inquisition
15.79%
3 15.79%
Jesus, Portuguese Saviour
0%
0 0%
Sarri, More Midtable Experience
0%
0 0%
Brocchi, Let's Ruin Another Career
0%
0 0%
Bielsa, Let's Do this!
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Head Coach talk 2015 and 2016 and beyond
@nefremo: I have dreamt of that situation before, Carlo and Marco for the win!
Pippo!!! Devilol

I actually chose Conte. I'm not his biggest fan, but I think he has the attributes to set the correct course with this group of players. You see his influence in Juve even today almost a year later and I think it's a commendable achievement that his work gives identity and a mental strength that was otherwise not there. He's not the greatest tactician imo, but he's more than competent and really I think discipline and mental strength are more important right now.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind the likes of Emery, Sarri or even Montella. I'm pretty much against Ancelotti coming back personally. I love the guy, but I don't think seeing a coach return is the best idea, nor do I think this is a team which he would get the best out of (though he's miles better than most alternatives).
(05-20-2015, 01:16 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Pippo!!! Devilol

I actually chose Conte. I'm not his biggest fan, but I think he has the attributes to set the correct course with this group of players. You see his influence in Juve even today almost a year later and I think it's a commendable achievement that his work gives identity and a mental strength that was otherwise not there. He's not the greatest tactician imo, but he's more than competent and really I think discipline and mental strength are more important right now.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind the likes of Emery, Sarri or even Montella. I'm pretty much against Ancelotti coming back personally. I love the guy, but I don't think seeing a coach return is the best idea, nor do I think this is a team which he would get the best out of (though he's miles better than most alternatives).

Very true about Conte but why would he want to come to Milan? Maybe for the challenge I guess. I reckons theres a much better chance of getting Ancelotti back though. Real aren't going to keep him and he has a great history at Milan.

Not sure he would want to come, but isn't this poll the ideal candidate based on those linked?
(05-20-2015, 08:46 AM)DBallesty Wrote: Carlo's return please. By far the best manager on that list and half the reason I wanted Juve to beat Real Madrid.

Okmilan I was actually supporting Real Madrid last year and this year because of Carlo Ancelotti, despite their much superior record in CL than us.

I hope that he would come back, but I am worried that we can't afford him (salary, transfer budget).
Just heard a Skysport rumor that Ancelotti has scheduled a meeting with Perez to terminate his contract. Would Carlo really work in our situation? Somehow I haven't been that impressed with what he has done at Real. Neither is he known to prefer the youth or rotate his first XI too much. Is he really the man to spearhead our rebuilding?

Of course i love the man and would love it if he came back and started a second great era under his management. I truly hope it's not like when Sacchi came back the second time.
(05-20-2015, 08:51 PM)somedevil Wrote: Just heard a Skysport rumor that Ancelotti has scheduled a meeting with Perez to terminate his contract. Would Carlo really work in our situation? Somehow I haven't been that impressed with what he has done at Real. Neither is he known to prefer the youth or rotate his first XI too much. Is he really the man to spearhead our rebuilding?

Of course i love the man and would love it if he came back and started a second great era under his management. I truly hope it's not like when Sacchi came back the second time.

... or Capello's. Milan never seems to have any luck with players/coaches returning. I can't think of any success story. Dodgy
Would be interesting to see where he ends up. Milan? Surely there are still big doubts it's even possible.
Of the rich teams Man City may have a coaching vacancy only, may be PSG too but don't think he will return there. May be take a year off and take over from Conte after 2016?
I guess Allegri wasnt such a bad coach afterall, already won the double and stil playing the CL Final, amazing stuff!
(05-20-2015, 10:23 PM)Beppe Wrote: I guess Allegri wasnt such a bad coach afterall, already won the double and stil playing the CL Final, amazing stuff!

What happened at Milan was not Allegri's fault. Things have been no better with Seedorf and Inzaghi in charge. The problem has never really been the coach. The problem was always that we have a group of players who lack the personality and skills to be able to adequately handle the pressure that comes with playing for a club as prestigious as Milan.
This is due to a lack of proper squad investment, and when you combine that with a lack of clarity and leadership on the management side of things, you end up in the situation that we've been in these last two-three years.

I always thought that Allegri was the second best coach in Italy after Conte, but I also thought it was the right decision when he was sacked, as he had clearly lost the dressing room (I still can't forget that defeat against Sassuolo). I never doubted his abilities though. It's annoying that he's so successful at Juve, of all clubs, but congrats to them for improving the image of Italian football abroad.
Hopefully we'll be joining them in doing that soon.