Summer Mercato 2011
I honestly think Seedorf will go, but Pirlo will probably stay. I think the rumours around him are created by his agent mostly for levarage in negotiations (no doubt many clubs are interested though). The big discussion is how he'll fit into our game tactically next season, but at the same time his versatility and quality won't stop him from being extremely useful.
Out of all the players with expiring contracts, I want Nesta, Pirlo and Ambrosini to stay. Pippo either way.
aka xudong
Does anyone know if we have already bought Lucas?
He is a big talent, I have seen him play in the U21 world cup (brazil won, he scored 3 goals in the final). He and Neymar were the stars!!
He is a trequartista, for the long term he would be awesome!
This kid can dribble, he is fast, has vision!!
I like him more than Ganso, who is a world class!
The best would be to sell Seedorf and Pirlo and buy Ganso and Lucas! Ganso could take Pirlo's position and Lucas could replace Seedorf!
(02-13-2011, 02:31 PM)Gregorio Wrote: Does anyone know if we have already bought Lucas?
He is a big talent, I have seen him play in the U21 world cup (brazil won, he scored 3 goals in the final). He and Neymar were the stars!!
He is a trequartista, for the long term he would be awesome!
This kid can dribble, he is fast, has vision!!
I like him more than Ganso, who is a world class!
The best would be to sell Seedorf and Pirlo and buy Ganso and Lucas! Ganso could take Pirlo's position and Lucas could replace Seedorf!

in January there were reports that the deal was already done but with us having Robbie he has taken our 1 non-EU place so we have to wait until the summer before he can join us, but as i say they are/were only rumours.
Quote:Paolo Maldini
"Il Sogno di ogni attaccante e' segnare il piu' bella gol della storia. L'incubo e' incontrare il miglior difensore del mondo."

Quote:Francesco Totti
"Never give up Pippo,You are an example for all of us to never give up."
Seedorf & Janku must go, but somehow I want both Ambro & Bommel to stay...
(02-13-2011, 05:59 PM)Aficio Wrote: Seedorf & Janku must go, but somehow I want both Ambro & Bommel to stay...

I'd rather keep just one of Ambro and Van Bommel (Ambro really). Both are in their mid-30s and to me it makes sense to let one go to make room for a younger midfielder to be brought through in the position.
so far, in the minimal time Van Bommel has had, he showed he can be depended on and this is without even speaking the language or understanding his team mates... if you ask me today then I say I would definitely renew Van Bommel's contract for 1 more year. However, I'd rather give him another month or two to decide if we want him or not. Ambrosini - before his injury I was 50/50 on renewing his contract, I don't think he's been as good as he has been recently, alot of clumsy and late tackles, he usually is inexistent in games despite him being our central midfielder... I don't know. Personally I don't see a need for Ambrosini any more given that Prince/Merkel/Strasser are in the team. Gattuso and Flamini's contracts expires in two years, so they're definitely going to be here next year, it's going to be Ambro/Van Bommel leaving for sure if not both.

I am very worried about Seedorf, I'm afraid they might decide to keep him on for longer. Seedorf must not be kept even if he takes a substantial way cut. We need a new #10. Pirlo I would have extended his contract for sure, but he's been out injured for 3 months already and is going to be out for another 2..and none of those are relatively serious injuries. He was already slow the way he was, one can only wonder what'll happen after all this time out. Age is also not on his side, and even when Pirlo was in his best form for us in recent years, he and Seedorf were the reasons we were not playing well. If we want to start a new era, we need to get rid of the old one.

I am worried though about the lack of Italians in the new and upcoming era. We will need someone like Poli (even though I don't think he's good enough), but we need at least one Italian in our lineup. Aquilani might be worth keeping an eye on. Personally my favorite is Fabregas but I doubt he wants to go anywhere else but Barca (and that'll dent his career and development for sure). I saw Erik Lamela play vs Boca Juniors like 10 days ago, he was amazing for an 18 year old.... Could be a new Riquelme.

U20 Brazil beat Uruguay 6-0 and Lucas (Marcelinho) had an assist and scored a hat-trick, two beautiful goals. Maybe we can sell Pato for 70m and get Lucas for the reported 4m? Tongue
(02-13-2011, 07:01 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I'd rather keep just one of Ambro and Van Bommel (Ambro really). Both are in their mid-30s and to me it makes sense to let one go to make room for a younger midfielder to be brought through in the position.

For a new midfielder, I think the top most priority is for Ganso (and Lucas). We should spend time on Strasser & Merkel than buy CM like Lazzari or even Montolivo.

Those youngsters & Flamini, Boateng could benefit a lot by playing alongside Rino, Ambro & Van Bommel. VB possesses vast knowledge of different football styles which is an edge over our old guards.

I prefer the young & old setup to new "quite good" CM. IMO, nowadays typical CM is the easiest to train. If we buy a super DM who can play 50 matches/season, that's another story, but I think there will be one more transition year.
I agree that van Bommel has beat my expectation. It will be interesting to evaluate his performance again once the season is over.
aka xudong
Watch it guys. You risk getting banned by Reza if Van Bommel gets an extension Big Grin
per l'amaro e il dolce