Gianluca Zambrotta
(05-08-2012, 11:31 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: After watching him play as LB, I am hoping De Sciglio will be own version of Santon before he declines and became Coco 2.0.

Do we still have a chance with Santon? I didn't watch much of Newcastle this season, and every time I did, my attention was somehow always on their crazy-looking and insanely-talented attackers. Big Grin but I thought Santon as decent both offensively and defensively? Could someone confirm?
aka xudong
(05-08-2012, 06:27 PM)xudong Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 11:31 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: After watching him play as LB, I am hoping De Sciglio will be own version of Santon before he declines and became Coco 2.0.

Do we still have a chance with Santon? I didn't watch much of Newcastle this season, and every time I did, my attention was somehow always on their crazy-looking and insanely-talented attackers. Big Grin but I thought Santon as decent both offensively and defensively? Could someone confirm?

I don't know; the only game of Santon I watched this season was Newcastle v City, and even it was only first half. He did perform a marvelous defending to stop one of Aguero's chances on goal...
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I think I watched a few more; their home game against Manchester United (I forgot how he was Big Grin); their recent away game against Chelsea (he was good, and even assisted the first goal, I believe).

A deal to bring in Santon would be nice. He is said to be a Milanista too?
aka xudong
(05-09-2012, 02:53 AM)xudong Wrote: I think I watched a few more; their home game against Manchester United (I forgot how he was Big Grin); their recent away game against Chelsea (he was good, and even assisted the first goal, I believe).

From what I know, when he was still at Inter he said he would never join Milan out of the respect for Inter. Still don't know though, whether he's still regard Inter high after whatever they had done to him.
(05-08-2012, 06:27 PM)xudong Wrote:

Decent indeed. He won't take our performance to another level but he cetainly is better than Taiwo, Mesbah, Antonini, or Zambro. I think he'll grow up to be like our former youth player Coloccini who also plays there, a solid if unspectacular defender.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-09-2012, 02:59 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 02:53 AM)xudong Wrote: I think I watched a few more; their home game against Manchester United (I forgot how he was Big Grin); their recent away game against Chelsea (he was good, and even assisted the first goal, I believe).

From what I know, when he was still at Inter he said he would never join Milan out of the respect for Inter. Still don't know though, whether he's still regard Inter high after whatever they had done to him.

I would not take that too seriously. The main issues are: (1) Is he good enough? (2) Are we cheap enough?

It is funny that most players that move from Inter to Milan tend to do better; but not vice versa; However, while Inter always get quality players from Real Madrid (Cambiasso, Samuel, Zamorano, Solari, Sneijder, even Eto'o counts in some way), we have no such luck (Redondo, Emerson, Huntelaar).
aka xudong
(05-09-2012, 03:10 AM)xudong Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 02:59 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: From what I know, when he was still at Inter he said he would never join Milan out of the respect for Inter. Still don't know though, whether he's still regard Inter high after whatever they had done to him.

I would not take that too seriously. The main issues are: (1) Is he good enough? (2) Are we cheap enough?

It is funny that most players that move from Inter to Milan tend to do better; but not vice versa; However, while Inter always get quality players from Real Madrid (Cambiasso, Samuel, Zamorano, Solari, Sneijder, even Eto'o counts in some way), we have no such luck (Redondo, Emerson, Huntelaar).

Yeah, as somebody else in another thread said, we also did not get much luck with Juve on transfer... players from Milan to Juve directly or indirectly tend to do better than vice versa. I guess it's an unexplained role of the football universe SagrinSagrin

Regarding your questions:
1. Italian and better than most of our players in his position. Versatile, can play at both flanks.
2. Pardon me, what is the meaning again? Sagrin If you mean whether we want to pay for him, I'd say 2-4M is enough.
(05-09-2012, 03:14 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 03:10 AM)xudong Wrote: I would not take that too seriously. The main issues are: (1) Is he good enough? (2) Are we cheap enough?

Yeah, as somebody else in another thread said, we also did not get much luck with Juve on transfer... players from Milan to Juve directly or indirectly tend to do better than vice versa. I guess it's an unexplained role of the football universe SagrinSagrin

Regarding your questions:
1. Italian and better than most of our players in his position. Versatile, can play at both flanks.
2. Pardon me, what is the meaning again? Sagrin If you mean whether we want to pay for him, I'd say 2-4M is enough.

True that. After Davids who cost Jube peanut, now it is Pirlo completely free. Facepalm We spent a fortune to land Baggio, and he only shone for one season.

Back to Santon questions,
1. Sounds good. Smile
2. Yes, that's what I meant. I honestly doubt 2-4 Million would be enough; after all, everything in EPL these days has been greatly inflated. Maybe we could use however much we get from Taiwo sales to cover Santon? Big Grin

One thing about Santon that really impresses (or impressed) me was that Lippi called him up to Italian NT (not just for some friendlies, but to some serious tournament - I forgot which one) when he was just a teenager. I trust Lippi a lot, so Santon sounds like a safe investment - if Milan wants to go for him.
aka xudong
Here's a bit of what Zambrotta had to say about Allegri in his book ‘Una vita da terzino’ – ‘Life as a fullback.’

Quote:Gianluca Zambrotta reveals Massimiliano Allegri and Zlatan Ibrahimovic “almost got into a fist-fight” at Milan.

The 2006 World Cup winner gave several interviews promoting his new autobiography, ‘Una vita da terzino’ – ‘Life as a fullback.’

Zambrotta had very harsh words for ex-Milan Coach Allegri during the presentation and blamed him for their current problems.

“I didn’t have problems with Allegri the first year, but the second we lost the Scudetto due to mismanagement of the locker room.

“You need to have all the players working in your direction to win, but instead in a decisive game he clearly said that even if he only had 14 players, it’d make no difference. So what about all the others? That’s when we lost the Scudetto.

“I looked Ibra in the face to ask, what is this man saying? Another time after losing 3-0 to Arsenal, Allegri said: ‘Well done lads, it doesn’t matter.’ That was not a great move. Ibra was furious and they almost got into a fist-fight in the locker room.”

Zambrotta was also asked about his Italy experience and advice for the upcoming World Cup squad.

“I talk about my three World Cups and three European Championships. Obviously the principle focus is on the 2006 tournament,” he told TuttoMercatoWeb.

“All I can do now is wish the lads and Coach Cesare Prandelli all the best. It won’t be easy, but Italy have the quality to finish in the top eight. The World Cup is always a special competition, very different from the others.

“Even the opponents who on paper might seem weaker can still cause you trouble. Obviously, in Italy’s group on paper England seem to be the most important challengers.

“Ignazio Abate and Mattia De Sciglio are promising players who are very hungry for success, so I hope they can win an important trophy with Italy the same way I did.”

http://football-italia.net/49491/zambrot...egri-fight

I don't fully understand what he's trying to say in his first point but it is clear that Allegri lost the plot a bit in the second season in charge. I'm sure Ibra would flatten Max in a fist fight though Icon_lol2
Siamo a posto cosi.
Really shows how wrong Galliani was in fighting to keep Allegri when Silvio wanted him out..