Taye Taiwo
(11-13-2011, 09:50 PM)Hitman Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 05:11 PM)xudong Wrote: I believe that they are still working on his defense. He has been caught several times off position, which in a country like Italy is considered a sin. Wink

Anyway, I don't think that we will let him go; he has too much potential to ignore.

It's been months (maybe even more) since I've disagreed with any of your opinions...... but I really do not see that much potential in Taiwo I'm afraid.

He lacks intelligence, alot of it.

but so did Abate, and now he's one of the first players in the starting eleven.... I didn't believe in Abate at all but now I have grown to appreciate him and like him. Abate however really will never be the new Cafu or Maicon, but we need him to stay in the starting eleven... and these days the fullback position is a very important one... that's why I would like us to sign a world-class LB - someone like Coentrao, Marcelo or Bale. I think it is very important to have a creative fullback who can change the game.

I cannot see Taiwo being that world class full back, at best I see him becoming like Abate - which is a solid player. I'd like us to go for one of the three players I mentioned for the LB position (however we must keep in mind we have like 3 very highly rated LBs in our Primavera).

Could you please elaborate on this? Which three LBs in our Primavera?
aka xudong
(11-14-2011, 11:20 PM)xudong Wrote:
(11-13-2011, 09:50 PM)Hitman Wrote: It's been months (maybe even more) since I've disagreed with any of your opinions...... but I really do not see that much potential in Taiwo I'm afraid.

but so did Abate, and now he's one of the first players in the starting eleven.... I didn't believe in Abate at all but now I have grown to appreciate him and like him. Abate however really will never be the new Cafu or Maicon, but we need him to stay in the starting eleven... and these days the fullback position is a very important one... that's why I would like us to sign a world-class LB - someone like Coentrao, Marcelo or Bale. I think it is very important to have a creative fullback who can change the game.

I cannot see Taiwo being that world class full back, at best I see him becoming like Abate - which is a solid player. I'd like us to go for one of the three players I mentioned for the LB position (however we must keep in mind we have like 3 very highly rated LBs in our Primavera).

Albertazzi, De Sciglio, and... don't know? De Vito was, according to wikipedia, sold to Foggia...
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I thought Albertazzi is a CD? De Sciglio is a right fullback? De Vito was actually the only name that occurred to me but I didn't know that he was already sold - thanks for informing me.

We still need three names, it looks like. Big Grin
aka xudong
(11-14-2011, 11:20 PM)xudong Wrote:
(11-13-2011, 09:50 PM)Hitman Wrote: It's been months (maybe even more) since I've disagreed with any of your opinions...... but I really do not see that much potential in Taiwo I'm afraid.

The Hungarian kid Tamas, the kid we got from barcelona (he is similar to Serginho in the versatility he has on the left flank) and we also have De Sciglio (and I think Santonicito is now playing LB).
Forgot to even mention De Vito who is rated higher than De Sciglio
(11-15-2011, 03:35 AM)Hitman Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 11:20 PM)xudong Wrote: Could you please elaborate on this? Which three LBs in our Primavera?

The Hungarian kid Tamas, the kid we got from barcelona (he is similar to Serginho in the versatility he has on the left flank) and we also have De Sciglio (and I think Santonicito is now playing LB).
Forgot to even mention De Vito who is rated higher than De Sciglio

I only hear Tamas when I play FM 2012, and Adria Carmona plays LB? Regardless, I can only see at most one of them break into first team in the near (or far) future.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I think Carmona is a LB and part of the Spanish youth set up. He's probably one to keep an eye.

Does anyone know how Didac Vila is doing this season? (after all, he's still our player)
(11-15-2011, 10:56 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think Carmona is a LB and part of the Spanish youth set up. He's probably one to keep an eye.

Does anyone know how Didac Vila is doing this season? (after all, he's still our player)

Espanyol are doing well at the moment, 7th in La Liga, and Didac has started every game so far. I would assume he's been decent there, though I haven't watched too much of La Liga this season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id...ac?cc=5739 His stats according to soccernet.espn.go.com
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(11-15-2011, 02:55 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 10:56 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think Carmona is a LB and part of the Spanish youth set up. He's probably one to keep an eye.

Espanyol are doing well at the moment, 7th in La Liga, and Didac has started every game so far. I would assume he's been decent there, though I haven't watched too much of La Liga this season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id...ac?cc=5739 His stats according to soccernet.espn.go.com

I find it quite hard to believe that this guy couldn't get a start over Antonini, the headless chicken with no left foot. Sometimes I question the sanity of our Management.
(11-15-2011, 05:49 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 02:55 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote: Espanyol are doing well at the moment, 7th in La Liga, and Didac has started every game so far. I would assume he's been decent there, though I haven't watched too much of La Liga this season.

I find it quite hard to believe that this guy couldn't get a start over Antonini, the headless chicken with no left foot. Sometimes I question the sanity of our Management.

To me the answer is obvious, I don't mean just Milan but Milan are probably one of the 'guiltier' ones: Not all transfers are made for on the pitch needs. Everything from signings who never get more than a few minutes to my favorite target ( Big Grin ) the co-ownership stuff.

It is almost half a season now but Taiwo hasn't seen many minutes. Sad If he doesn't play at all in Barcelona game (he was rested today against Fiorentina), I say it is a sign that that administration and Allegri aren't keen on him. Maybe it would be time to cash in on him (seeing that we don't have a plan for him anyway), instead of just wasting more time.

Confused
aka xudong