Milan Management
To me it is a bit confusing this whole Leonardo leaving. If you read and understand what is the philosophy and the vision behind our new management and Gazidis, you would think that Leondardo was the perfect person for the technical director position. Wouldn`t you agree? I mean, Pato ,Tiago Silva and Paqueta are exactly findings that our new management want for the future.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(05-31-2019, 02:33 PM)Kastriot Wrote: To me it is a bit confusing this whole Leonardo leaving. If you read and understand what is the philosophy and the vision behind our new management and Gazidis, you would think that Leondardo was the perfect person for the technical director position. Wouldn`t you agree? I mean, Pato ,Tiago Silva and Paqueta are exactly findings  that our new management want for the future.

Yeah, confusing if you believe all that Gazidis has said in that interview. But if you put it into perspective, Gazidis simply done a typical damage control interview, so despite all that being said, it still could happen that Elliott will prefer to do whatever else with Milan (turn it to a feeder club, sell it sooner that expected, etc). In my opinion, the fact that Leonardo has not said one single word about his departure, speaks much more than the thousand words Gazidis said to Gazzetta.
Milan cost Elliott a lot of money, they loaned 100s of million and didn't get it back. I am not saying Elliott are great or perfect but feeder club is not what they want, it makes no sense.
(05-31-2019, 04:28 PM)reza Wrote: Milan cost Elliott a lot of money, they loaned 100s of million and didn't get it back. I am not saying Elliott are great or perfect but feeder club is not what they want, it makes no sense.

If I'm not mistaken they got it on a bargain price. If they would sell the club right now as it is, probably would still make a nice profit.
Nobody was buying Milan from Berlusconi for 700million except the never explained Chinese, Milan's value is at least some percentage lower than that. Elliott spent around 400 million (loan to Li and cash injections) *before* taking over. Not to mention money spent after taking over like 70 million on two players, no profit team. Unless they want to keep the team, which is almost certainly not the case becoming a feeder club doesn't raise the value of the team. If that was the case everybody would bid for Ajax, Benfica, Porto.
I think you're not getting it. The point of becoming a feeder club for a year or two (and technically it's not considering they'd keep the majority and sell off a couple) is strictly based on FFP. Once we're out of the shit then it's game on. Elliott had to pump 200m into Milan just to register for Serie A. That's insane if you think about it
Sometimes you have to take a step back to get forward. It's a harsh reality but it is what it is
Maldini and Gazidis have left Casa Milan, and it's suggested that a decision could be announced in the coming hours.

[@MilanNewsit]
(05-31-2019, 05:12 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I think you're not getting it.  The point of becoming a feeder club for a year or two (and technically it's not considering they'd keep the majority and sell off a couple) is strictly based on FFP.  Once we're out of the shit then it's game on.  Elliott had to pump 200m into Milan just to register for Serie A.  That's insane if you think about it

This is a hope, but it's far from automatic.
The major aim of teams is CL, feeder club or not. Missing out on the CL will extend FFP troubles, and it's a vicious circle cause becoming a feeder club (for one year or whatever) will decrease chances of getting to CL.

By the way a club like Inter came out of FFP problems without becoming feeder in the sense of Ajax and others.
Inter transfers: https://www.transfermarkt.com/inter-mail.../verein/46
(05-31-2019, 05:32 PM)reza Wrote: By the way a club like Inter came out of FFP problems without becoming feeder in the sense of Ajax and others.
Inter transfers: https://www.transfermarkt.com/inter-mail.../verein/46

They sold players though.  Who are we going to sell?