Milan Management
Exactly. What happened to "we will do whatever it takes to bring Milan back to the top"?

To me it looks like he is starting to look for excuses and feels the fire under his feet. He's trying to save his own ass and excuse the work he's done so far.
(05-14-2018, 12:23 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Mirabelli:  “However, we must all forget about the fairy-tale that was the Milan winning seven European Cups. That’s a whole other type of football, and now Serie A doesn’t have the kind of appeal to bring those champions here, so we had to seek out potential champions instead.”

What a loser's mentality.
This person shouldn't be allowed on AC Milan premises.
(05-14-2018, 02:27 PM)DrDejan Wrote: What a loser's mentality.
This person shouldn't be allowed on AC Milan premises.

yep
(05-14-2018, 12:23 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Mirabelli:  “However, we must all forget about the fairy-tale that was the Milan winning seven European Cups. That’s a whole other type of football, and now Serie A doesn’t have the kind of appeal to bring those champions here, so we had to seek out potential champions instead.”

This sentence pretty much sums up why I am disappointed with Mirabelli as a SD. When he took over the job, there were two things that I wanted him to accomplish, abolish the favoritism based players selection process employed by Galliani and use his scouting background to identify players who have potential to be superstars in the future. And so far, he has failed in both areas. I am not sure why he feels like he needs to come out and start making these bogus comments about how hard his job is. This guy is turning into Galliani in front of our very eyes.
IF management truly have the mind set of recent Mirabelli statements then we are 100% finished. I can't believe I am typing this but ....B&G had an excuse at least for looking at Italian and modern Milan history because first B is Italian second B&G created the 80s, 90s teams. F&M are supposed to be backed by outside money and very clearly came in for change, sorry it's not even debatable that their task was to rebuild Milan and not talk about glorious history stuff, hence the young team rebuild and quickly confirming someone with no relation to Milan (Montella)
We're finished anyway. One can't spend 200M in one year and expect "that's it ,I'm rebuilding and bringing back old glory". He needs to provide few years in a row with investments like that into rebuilding squad. To provide new 200M for upcoming summer and to buy 3 proven top class players (2 in midfield + 1 attacker) to integrate with this we already have. Those who were starters this year move to bench and release on free (or sell if you find fool to pay for them) 3 craps from current bench. You improved both ,first team and bench. Since that's not going to happen I hardly can imagine how next season will be any better than this one. We already started to collect some craps (Strinic ,this guy from Swansea ,etc)...they're of course for bench ,but what's the point? They're not improvements comparing to craps we already have. And it will be same old story all over again ,just with different names. When first option is unavailable or in bad form ,crappy replacement will have no impact. We need to upgrade ,not to stagnate or downgrade. I don't see any reason to be optimistic for next season. Wish to be wrong ,but...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Sporting director Walter Sabatini confirms “I want to start again” but won’t discuss links to Milan.
(05-14-2018, 02:38 AM)reza Wrote: Welcome to MM .a.k.

Thank you!  Okmilan
I am not entirely pleased with Mirabelli's performance so far. I had some qualms even during last summer when he was making signings. But I am also willing to wait till I form a final decision. We are going through yet another bad patch and it is very frustrating but I don't blame him for everything and if he tries, I am sure he can redeem himself and this situation.
(05-15-2018, 08:00 AM)somedevil Wrote: I am not entirely pleased with Mirabelli's performance so far. I had some qualms even during last summer when he was making signings. But I am also willing to wait till I form a final decision. We are going through yet another bad patch and it is very frustrating but I don't blame him for everything and if he tries, I am sure he can redeem himself and this situation.

My biggest concern with Mirabelli is his way of speaking. His comments, whether or not what he was saying was true, were simply damaging to their club's image. Based on what I've read, he may have been misquoted as he apparently said that top stars aren't attracted to Italy and we have to find alternative solutions, but regardless, we need to "posture" a little as a club.

welcome .a.k.