Milan Management
Guys, I know Montella made some mistakes but to still blame our slack ass showing last weekend on him is just ridiculous. I don't know if Montella messed up our physical prepration for the season last summer or not, but Gattuso has been in charge for 5 months now. Even your local 24 hour fitness trainers can get a couch potato in shape in five months, nevertheless professional athletes. Unless Montella told the players to sit on their couches, drink beer and eat cheetos all day, I just don't know how he can make these players fatigued in April, even after Gattuso and his training staff did the training the last five months.
(04-25-2018, 11:03 PM)slifersd Wrote: Guys, I know Montella made some mistakes but to still blame our slack ass showing last weekend on him is just ridiculous. I don't know if Montella messed up our physical prepration for the season last summer or not, but Gattuso has been in charge for 5 months now. Even your local 24 hour fitness trainers can get a couch potato in shape in five months, nevertheless professional athletes. Unless Montella told the players to sit on their couches, drink beer and eat cheetos all day, I just don't know how he can make these players fatigued in April, even after Gattuso and his training staff did the training the last five months.

Being an average guy getting fit and being an athlete is totally different. Working on physical fitness in the middle of the season doesn't mean that there's enough gas in the tank to reach the end of the season. You're playing every 3 days and have a lot of preparation to do before each match in addition to physical and technical training. If it was possible to get the players to be fresh and physically able to reach the end of the season fully fit, you'd see teams applying it and they wouldn't be exhausted during this stage of the season. None of this even accounts mental fatigue, which probably plays an even bigger role at this point.

The summer preparations are fundamental in preparing teams for 9-10 month seasons where they need to be physically prepared to last. Some coaches like Carlo have traditionally overloaded physical training during the summer in preparation to ensure the players are fit and ready towards the end of the year. Allegri and Alex Ferguson are also examples of coaches who aim to have players that have physical advantages during the last sprint of a season to have a strong finish. In most of these cases, you'll often find these teams start the season slowly and improve as the season goes on.

That isn't to say the Benevento performance was acceptable and that's why at the end you have Gattuso and Mirabelli apologising publicly and Gattuso screaming and shouting at the players in the dressing room and cancelling 2 days of rest the days after.
(04-26-2018, 09:42 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Being an average guy getting fit and being an athlete is totally different. Working on physical fitness in the middle of the season doesn't mean that there's enough gas in the tank to reach the end of the season. You're playing every 3 days and have a lot of preparation to do before each match in addition to physical and technical training. If it was possible to get the players to be fresh and physically able to reach the end of the season fully fit, you'd see teams applying it and they wouldn't be exhausted during this stage of the season. None of this even accounts mental fatigue, which probably plays an even bigger role at this point.

The summer preparations are fundamental in preparing teams for 9-10 month seasons where they need to be physically prepared to last. Some coaches like Carlo have traditionally overloaded physical training during the summer in preparation to ensure the players are fit and ready towards the end of the year. Allegri and Alex Ferguson are also examples of coaches who aim to have players that have physical advantages during the last sprint of a season to have a strong finish. In most of these cases, you'll often find these teams start the season slowly and improve as the season goes on.

That isn't to say the Benevento performance was acceptable and that's why at the end you have Gattuso and Mirabelli apologising publicly and Gattuso screaming and shouting at the players in the dressing room and cancelling 2 days of rest the days after.

Nobody is arguing about the fact that summer preparations are fundamental to the success and longevity of the players throughout the season. What I am saying is that just because we had a bad offseason (which I still don't know is true, but let's just say it is) does not mean we cannot fix the problem during the season. Sure, professional athletes requires a whole different level of physical fitness than your average people, but they are also in much better shape in the offseason than most people. If, when Gattuso took over in November, he realized that the players are not in good enough physical shape, he can work with his training staff to develop a plan to rectify that. I am not saying it is easy, but it is by no means impossible. Professional teams also do this more often than people think, seeing as how they have to develop training plans for players returning from injuries all the time. That is why the fact that we are somehow too fatigued to play in April can't just be a Montella thing. If Gattuso can't fix it, then his training staff should be replaced because they don't know what they are doing. 

Gattuso and Mirabelli apologizing or shouting at players really don't mean a thing to me. I don't doubt their sincerity about wanting to make this team great, it is their quality that I worry about. You can scream and shout all you want, but if you can't get the job done, then you can't get the job done. Gattuso was supposed to be the coach that changes the culture of this team, if nothing else. Five months into it, we are seeing the same exact late season collapse we have seen every year. Mirabelli is supposed to be the super scout who knows players. It is hard to make that argument seeing how he spent the 200M last summer. I am sure they sincerely feel bad for the bullcrap performance we put on last weekend. But the ownership and board of directors need to put them under the microscope and determine if they are the right men for the job. The last thing this team need is another 2015 Galliani and an incompetent coach who's only good at kissing his GM's ass. And at this point in time, seeing the results we have been seeing, Gattuso and Mirabelli both have a hard time shedding those comparisons. I don't know if they will succeed or not, but it certainly looks shaky at the moment.
http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ber...gain-37438

Oh, good lord, if that happens, i might just have to quit following the team.
On Silvio's comments, there's one of two ways to read it.

1) He's posturing, but isn't serious seeing as he knows full well things will change at the club whether it be with Yonghong Li, Elliot or someone else.
2) He genuinely thinks Milan will be good for his political campaign. If in this scenario he was to return, I don't expect it would be without big spending.

On Gattuso's physical preparation, I think we've seen significant improvements in the side with the work he's done. He's been showing he's capable tactically with some of the most highly rated coaches in the league and the physical work he did bore fruits for a little over 3 months. However, working at that intensity can't be maintained, so while improvements can be made, they are close to impossible to sustain without correct preparation for a whole season (i.e. the summer work).

Whether you believe in Gattuso's or Mirabelli's work isn't the point I was making. The point was that they clearly acknowledged that it was unacceptable to lose to Benevento, regardless of fatigue.
So apparently there's a rift between Fassone and Mirabelli over how to handle agents, specifically Raiola

I agree with Mirabelli's way. Fuck Raiola
(03-23-2018, 03:26 PM)Stitch Wrote: Here's a fun theory... Berlusconi buys us back for a fraction of the selling price  Big Grin

Quoting myself from more than a month ago Big Grin

https://www.football-italia.net/120526/b...milan-back
Not sure what to make of this rift story. Will wait and see.

On the other hand I just saw this: 

http://app.football-italia.net/index.htm...u=news-all

This immediately piqued my interest as Charlie Stillitano is a super interesting character in football (and a Milan fan with Rivera his favourite player). It would be interesting if this was to happen, part of me feels more excited at the prospect of Stillitano than I think I've ever been with Yonghong Li.
(04-28-2018, 01:51 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Not sure what to make of this rift story. Will wait and see.

On the other hand I just saw this: 

http://app.football-italia.net/index.htm...u=news-all

This immediately piqued my interest as Charlie Stillitano is a super interesting character in football (and a Milan fan with Rivera his favourite player). It would be interesting if this was to happen, part of me feels more excited at the prospect of Stillitano than I think I've ever been with Yonghong Li.

and he's friends with Roma's president, who's been doing great things there.  Would be nice to see some similar implemented at Milan
Reports from La Republicca believe that Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov visited Milan amidst rumors linking him with buying the rossoneri.