Milan Management
La Gazzetta dello Sport claim there’s another investigation into Yonghong Li’s takeover of Milan, this time looking at money laundering.
Everytime I read all this, It makes me think of what Maldini knew, that he declined to join. For a man like him, who loves the club, it must've been really difficult.
Why would a select number of legends be the (only) ones who knew? I still don't buy that.
'Doubts' are ok but if they knew something they must have done something in private about it. I am probably the only Milan fan on earth to say and repeat this but they get no respect from me for doubts especially if they don't follow up on the doubts.
Not to mention that if you knew and they find out and prove that you knew ,if knowledge is about illegal stuff - well...it's felony. So I doubt he knew anything for sure. Also ,if he knew and he loves Milan - why silence and let those guys took club he loves?! It doesen't make sense. He maybe have some doubts ,as some other people ,for example Zaccheroni (I think) who said that hings doesen't look good to him because he asked people in China about that Li and didn't got positive response. And he was mocked because of that statement. Now he could be right.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(03-25-2018, 04:09 PM)reza Wrote: Why would a select number of legends be the (only) ones who knew? I still don't buy that.
'Doubts' are ok but if they knew something they must have done something in private about it. I am probably the only Milan fan on earth to say and repeat this but they get no respect from me for doubts especially if they don't follow up on the doubts.

I agree

I'm ready for a legit owner
Guys, playing devil's advocate here, but the club legends do not have a responsibility to rescue this club from an ownership. They are ex-players, not Batman. The whole Maldini situation is pretty simple if you ask me. This new ownership reached out to him, he took a look at the project, not recognizing any of the major players involved, and had doubts about it. Since he already has a nice life in Miami, he decided he would rather live his life than join a project he didn't feel comfortable about. I don't think he or anyone knows for sure there is something evil or troubling going on with Yonghong, just that they didn't know enough about him to feel comfortable. This is like if some guy you used to barely know in high school come to you asking for you to invest in his new found company. You don't know for a fact that the guy is a meth head or an idiot, but you don't know enough about him as a person to feel comfortable giving him your money. Maldini had his doubts, but it is really not his job or place to launch a full blown investigation into where the money behind Yonghong came from or anything, they have government agencies for that.
Spot on Slifersd, I highly doubt Maldini is or was aware of Yonghong Li's financial situation (I think at the time there were still a lot of rumours of other backers) and rejected the proposal based on lack of clarity on both his role and dialogue with the owners (bear in mind at the time he only spoke to Fassone and Han Li), despite wanting to communicate directly.

I said at the time I thought his hesitation and decision was fair. I don't think he had any insider knowledge, but rather like us was actually more concerned about the lack of clarity on ownership.
It’s reported that Milan will receive the €10m capital increase promised by Yonghong Li later today.
Add a couple of zeroes to that and we are safe Big Grin
https://www.football-italia.net/119091/w...s-san-siro

Don't know where to put this.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.