Milan Management
Like I always reiterated, I think Yonghong Li is just a puppet for much larger backers, which for legal/conflicting reasons could not directly be the face of this new Milan. I know there was mention of that Chinese bank, and there was apparently a problem with them being able to directly invest into Milan. It takes some creative thinking to look further than what I've just mentioned but I think it's more than just a suggestion to believe that there's something like this going on. There's no chance big Chinese business men would throw away money like this. They had a lot of time to calculate the risk factor in doing this deal. I guarantee that this team has more money than we can even think of. Man City owners spent a fraction acquiring the club, and spent similar figures in their first transfer campaign. These news reporters need to be stupid to question this management after they invested 1billion in under a year. I get that there's a portion of debt, but again I think that is a smokescreen for something that may have went wrong with immediately being able to bring over the amount of funds they needed.
NY Times on Milan takeover:

http://www.football-italia.net/113048/ny...barrassing
Reports in Spain claim UEFA will reject Milan’s proposal of a voluntary agreement on Financial Fair Play.

The Rossoneri were taken over by a Chinese consortium, Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux, in April led by Yonghong Li.

A big summer transfer campaign followed, with the Diavolo spending over €200m to reinforce Vincenzo Montella’s squad.

Clubs which have recently been taken over can apply for dispensation to extend their Financial Fair Play responsibilities over four years.

However, they must still submit realistic plans to become profitable or face sanctions from European football’s governing body.

Milan submitted accounts to UEFA earlier this month, as they hope to come to a voluntary agreement over their FFP obligations.

This morning’s Marca though is reporting that UEFA are completely unconvinced by the plans, as all the investments have been made based on the sporting success of the Rossoneri.

Given that they’re already 11 points away from the Champions League places, that isn’t seen as being a sensible plan to become profitable.

If UEFA do reject the plans they will have to come up with a new arrangement and possible sanctions for Milan, which could include being barred from European competition.

While this is still unconfirmed it adds to troubling rumours around the club, with the New York Times reporting last week that Yonghong Li is unknown in China, and may not own the mining company which is said to be behind his wealth
According to Hussein Yassine from BEIN Sports, the meeting between AC Milan management and UEFA representatives was very negative

This might just be journos loving the crap at Milan.I do think UEFA look stupid for not punishing Chelsea City and especially PSG with more than slaps on the wrist , I mean they spoke of Milans spending and PSG spent €400m on 2 players... so maybe just maybe Milan will be them showing they can and will punish big clubs as well.Milan being a big club in name only.
I think these reports are likely to be nonsense. Marca's whole point is suggesting the whole project is based on the sporting success of the club. A few problems with this:

1) Marca are not a reputable source.
2) Questions arise from how a member of the Spanish press known for their sensationalist journalism is more likely in the know about Milan's meeting with UEFA than far more reputable sources who have suggested otherwise.
3) Fassone has repeatedly said that in the proposal he has submitted there are contigency plans about how Milan would proceed without Champions League football. He has commented on this publicly multiple times so I very much doubt that the whole project is based on solely sporting success (which only an idiot would consider proposing to be frank).

On the Bein Sport guy again I call the same questions. They're not reputable as journalists and far more reputable sources say that the meeting between the club and UEFA were generally positive, with a detailed dossier provided to UEFA which went down well and while there are some questions it was overall a good meeting.

Fassone himself has said he's "quietly confident" about Financial Fair Play following the meeting, which I doubt he'd say if he didn't think it generally went well (if it went as poorly as suggested, he'd just be silent on the matter).

I think this is journalism trying to make headlines rather than having any concrete evidence to back up their arguments. The NY Times article, which questioned Yonghong Li, at least put forward some type of evidence to question Li's ability to finance the club. Even that article could be called into question as it's obvious the journalist didn't have the proof to definitively say Li can't finance Milan, but could at least pose valid questions.

This is a sad truth about modern news consumption. Today, more than at any other time in history, it's very easy to fabricate stories as fact and this is often done by unreputable (and less ethical) news outlets to garner interest and views. Even more scary is the number of consumers who accept their news as fact from completely open sources such as Facebook and Twitter, places which don't really filter false news from real. Unfortunately, as consumers of news we need to try and objectively view these stories and try to make sure we understand what's real from what's not. Without wanting to delve deeply into politics, I'm well aware this paragraph may appear I'd be in favour of Donald Trump's "fake news" movement. Just to confirm, I in no way accept or agree with his notion of "fake news" and consider it completely separate to the point I'm making.
We can say those things.And they are more likely to be true.
But this new ownership has not gine smoothly.There are huge ? Marks and UEFA very well will say no to Milans proposal
I think it's fair for UEFA to reject it
(11-21-2017, 01:40 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We can say those things.And they are more likely to be true.
But this new ownership has not gine smoothly.There are huge ? Marks and UEFA very well will say no to Milans proposal

There are lots of valid questions over the new owners, I've never doubted this point and UEFA may reject the proposal, I've not suggested otherwise. However, that was never my point, I'm saying that I think those news stories are unfounded rumours trying to generate speculation and make headlines rather than showing any significant backing to their claims.

At the moment we don't know what UEFA will rule and no one knows exactly what was submitted by the club. There were reports of optimism from reputable sources and Fassone confirmed this, but beyond that it's up in air what will happen. 

(11-21-2017, 02:02 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I think it's fair for UEFA to reject it

Why? Do you know what was submitted by the club? Assuming that like most you don't know precisely what was proposed, you are just jumping to conclusions with insufficient evidence to backup the statement.
(11-21-2017, 02:36 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: There are lots of valid questions over the new owners, I've never doubted this point and UEFA may reject the proposal, I've not suggested otherwise. However, that was never my point, I'm saying that I think those news stories are unfounded rumours trying to generate speculation and make headlines rather than showing any significant backing to their claims.

At the moment we don't know what UEFA will rule and no one knows exactly what was submitted by the club. There were reports of optimism from reputable sources and Fassone confirmed this, but beyond that it's up in air what will happen. 

Why? Do you know what was submitted by the club? Assuming that like most you don't know precisely what was proposed, you are just jumping to conclusions with insufficient evidence to backup the statement.

Insufficient evidence?

12 points behind fourth place
Shady business with our owners ie loan after loan

If I'm UEFA, I'm not convinced the project will produce results by the deadline
If our proposal mentions 'Chinese growth' - which Fassone has said - without being detailed enough I can see UEFA being very skeptical, if it goes as far as rejection I don't know.