Summer Mercato 2011
(02-15-2011, 10:31 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I don't necessarily agree. If Strasser is to develop into a first team squad player, then he needs games. He's 20, soon to be 21 and is clearly a senior squad player, around the right point in his career to start finding his feet at senior level. Therefore, we have 2 options to help him grow. One is to give him space to find first team opportunities, meaning giving him a role as a backup to first team players. Making him third or fourth choice will mean he gets little to no game time, which won't help him grow.

The second option is to send him out on loan or co-ownership to get games. This can help him grow, but could hamper his growth if he's not played.

Results are important, but Strasser has shown he can cope with responsibility as a backup in the first team squad and make a contribution (moreso than some senior players now). The question is if he's mature enough to play a more important role in the squad.

It is still early to make any judgment, so I tried to say something different Big Grin

We need to watch the team until the end of season. If Strasser can kick Van Bommel out of the team, I'm more than happy, but if he is still not ready and this mercenary proves his usefulness and commitment, I must let Reza click the ban button Big Grin
(02-15-2011, 01:35 PM)Aficio Wrote: It is still early to make any judgment, so I tried to say something different Big Grin

We need to watch the team until the end of season. If Strasser can kick Van Bommel out of the team, I'm more than happy, but if he is still not ready and this mercenary proves his usefulness and commitment, I must let Reza click the ban button Big Grin

I don't think Strasser will kick either Ambro or Van Bommel out of the team, the two have more experience and know the position better. My point is the two players are 34, and therefore won't have long left. Therefore, we need a younger player to start looking to integrate into the squad to replace these guys in the not too distant future.

In all honesty, Strasser for me isn't a player to replace these two (he was only an example to make a point), I think he's better suited to Rino's role in the side. In my personal opinion, we need to either start looking at a younger midfielder to replace one of Ambro and Van Bommel for next season, or see if a youth player is ready to make the jump (i.e. Fossati).

That said, one scenario where we will keep both Ambro and Van Bommel is if the player we're looking to replace them isn't quite ready for the senior team yet.

Getting back to transfer rumours, I've read on milannews that we seem fairly certain to purchase Ganso, Marchetti and Mexes in the summer.
Marchetti is not hard to get, Mexes hasn't renewed his contract and Milan look at Ganso closely. I'm looking forward to those transfers. Our squad will be complete with them.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/...iums-are-a

Platini has some good ideas. Financial Fair Play seems ok because clubs can't spend more than what they earn in revenue. The big clubs will still be big. Whether Platini hates Italy or not is a seperate issue, I actually think he makes valid points. Massive Debt is not good for society, and this is a good step. Secondly, Italy needs new stadiums for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of the Mercato, I think Mexes, Marchetti, and Ganso would be very good. However, we still need a LB. I think Van Bommel will be re-signed. However, I agree with Dev that Strasser seems more like Gattuso than Ambrosini/MvB. Jucilei would be a player who can play in the holding role.

In terms of CB, can Mexes sufficiently replace Nesta? T. Silva-Mexes seems like a good duo, but I don't know if it will be anything close to Nesta-T.Silva. Unfortunately, there are very few EXCELLENT CB prospects out there. We were linked with Agger and Kjaer in the past, they didn't even turn out to be as good as we thought. D. Luiz is GONE, and Bonucci and Ranocchia have went to rivals, unfortunately...
Mexes is okay since Luiz is gone to Chelsea, ESP since he is free transfer and is solid and simple in the air. At least he is a lot better than Bonera and Papa. I think Zambro and Antonini will be solid coming off the bench next year without injuries. But Milan still needs another LB, maybe Nagatomo will be available since he aint playing in Inter at all.
Midfield is the area where Milan needed the most work. Merkel and Strasser should be in the rotation along with Ambro and Flamini with Boateng. Then hopefully Ganso and Jucelei will be sign, as I really can't see Slowdorf playing another game for Milan, Pirlo should be sold for money with the arrival of Ganso, and Gattuso will be more of a leader off the pitch than on it. Strikers are fine as long as Pippo can come back and acts as the exp striker off the bench.
(02-16-2011, 01:44 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Mexes is okay since Luiz is gone to Chelsea, ESP since he is free transfer and is solid and simple in the air. At least he is a lot better than Bonera and Papa. I think Zambro and Antonini will be solid coming off the bench next year without injuries. But Milan still needs another LB, maybe Nagatomo will be available since he aint playing in Inter at all.
Midfield is the area where Milan needed the most work. Merkel and Strasser should be in the rotation along with Ambro and Flamini with Boateng. Then hopefully Ganso and Jucelei will be sign, as I really can't see Slowdorf playing another game for Milan, Pirlo should be sold for money with the arrival of Ganso, and Gattuso will be more of a leader off the pitch than on it. Strikers are fine as long as Pippo can come back and acts as the exp striker off the bench.

Mexes is in great form so far in 2011 and if he continues it, then him and Yepes as backup next season will be great. A LB will be needed, and I believe we might get Criscito. Genoa might have been keen to hang on to him in January, but they seem more prepared to deal in June, so next season I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Milan shirt.

Seedorf is as good as gone imo, with Ganso taking his place (although Ganso seems keen on Inter due to Leo lately).

If Pirlo goes, then he will go free as his contract expires. I think we should keep him though, as I think he's very useful.
Santos star Paulo Henrique Ganso says he will be playing in Milan next season
However, the Brazilian admits he's still to decide between Inter and AC Milan.

Ganso told Corriere dello Sport:

Next year I will play in Milano. Leonardo often calls me because he wants me at Inter also my agents have told me there is also interest from the Rossoneri. I'm happy because Milan is a great club, but I do not want to talk about the market out of respect to Santos fans
(02-16-2011, 11:08 AM)Vulli Wrote: Santos star Paulo Henrique Ganso says he will be playing in Milan next season
However, the Brazilian admits he's still to decide between Inter and AC Milan.

Ganso told Corriere dello Sport:

Next year I will play in Milano. Leonardo often calls me because he wants me at Inter also my agents have told me there is also interest from the Rossoneri. I'm happy because Milan is a great club, but I do not want to talk about the market out of respect to Santos fans

Well, he also said that Inter is the kind of club every player dreams of playing in ... and said how much he likes and respects Leonardo. So we're actually far from signing him, there is a lot of work to do for Galliani, by hoping that Robinho, Pato and Thiago Silva will try to convince him too (not via medias).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Here's another article on the same Ganso interview:

http://www.football-italia.net/feb16d.html
Juventus interested in Pirlo on free transfer in the summer?

http://www.football-italia.net/feb16a.html

Haven't seen much of Aquilani this season but I understand he's done quite good. If Juve goes for Pirlo, could Aquilani be one for us?
If Ganso goes to Inter, then just sign Honda, he is probably a better player right now with his exp., in CL, Russia and Holland.
(02-16-2011, 10:41 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Mexes is in great form so far in 2011 and if he continues it, then him and Yepes as backup next season will be great. A LB will be needed, and I believe we might get Criscito. Genoa might have been keen to hang on to him in January, but they seem more prepared to deal in June, so next season I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Milan shirt.

Seedorf is as good as gone imo, with Ganso taking his place (although Ganso seems keen on Inter due to Leo lately).

If Pirlo goes, then he will go free as his contract expires. I think we should keep him though, as I think he's very useful.

My bad on Pirlo. I am not saying Pirlo sucks and passed his prime but with the current Milan style, he is really a surplus to requirement unless Allegri plays him as ACM. He is not strong and quick enough to play as the midfield trio anymore. But even ACM is a stretch, since the front three will most likely be three of Ibra, Robinho, Pato and Cassano. As I said before, Pirlo is actually having the same faith as the person he sort off forced out-Albertini, someone who is good enough to play but just not enough room on the team to play.

Slowdorf should only play in friendlies from now on, or in reserve games if there are any.

Is Criscito really a huge upgrade from Antonini? I will admit hat I have not seen much of him, but from the games I saw him played, he is really nothing special. I would prefer Nagatomo over him any day, lets just hope Nagatomo will be available. Or Real signing Bale in Summer and Milan swoop for Marcelo.

I just hope Galli signs two midfielders, one of Ganso or Honda or Hernanes and Jucelei. With Mexes and a LB.