Summer mercato 2012
how do i wish it was true

Berlusconi plans to axe Allegri and half the current AC Milan squad

this is exactly what we need
it is true imo, any management would have to do this at this point. and id be furious if i was berlusconi too, finishing a season empty handed when we had everything with one hand already on it.
Lets observe the situation in my way ....

Who are the top 3 side in the world at this moment of time?
Answer: I think most of the fans would agree that Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern hold the top three spots rite now.

Why they are the best?
Answer: Because they have great players, great coach and a playing style + formation that is successful in this current era of club football.

Lets analyze their systems. First Barcelona. Well, lets justs ay they play completely different brand of football, which is not possible for other teams. Whether its good, bad, boring, entertaining is another matter. Plus they have Messi. So we can keep Barca aside.

Now to Madrid and Bayern. I think most of us would agree that they are very similar teams in many ways. Their playing styles are same. Great attacking players, not so great in defense. Their normal formation is 4-2-3-1, only exception is when Madrid plays Bacelona, they switch to something like 4-5-1. But any way, lst see if AC Milan can play with that formation with the resources we have got now and after few potential arrivals of new players.

Nueur 10
Cassillas 9
Abbiatti 8

Lahm 9 .......... Boateng 6 .......... Batstuber 7 ......... Alaba 7
Arabeloa 6 .......... Ramos 7 .......... Pepe 7 .......... Marceloa 7
Abate 7 .......... Nesta 10 .......... Silva 10 .......... Antonini 6

Schweinsteiger 10 ........... Gustavo 7
Alonso 9 .......... Kadheira 7
Montilavo ??? .......... Nocerino 7

Robben 10 ............... Kroos 7 ............... Ribbery 9
Di Maria 6 .............. Ozil 8 ............... Cristiano 10
Pato 9 ............... Boateng 7 ............... Robinho 6

Gomez 9
Benzema 7
Ibrahimovic 7

Bayern Munich = 91
Real Madrid = 83
AC Milan = 77 + Montilavo

Conclusion: AC Milan current squad doesn't lack quality players, the main issue is injuries. I say, sack the whole medical staff and Milan will be fine again. And of cousre, now it seems that letting Pirlo go was not a wise decision after all, unless Montlivao becomes a world beater or maybe Asamoa?
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
It's not Montilavo, it's Montolivo.
you spelt montolivo wrong like 9 times, you'd give pato a 9 yet boateng and ibrahimovic a 7?
Axe half the squad, buy some 19-25 old players who can and will run, and keep Allegri.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
good idea axe but at the same time you must keep into consideration allegri had a poor showing in CL last season, we really should've been able to eliminate tottenham.. seriously real madrid made those games look like child play for them, Allegri doesn't have a big coach mentality, apart from our management being cheap he has alot of players to work with, we've had so many injuries yes but at the end of the day in two season allegri has only one a scudetto, which is okay considering this year we've had totally unfair refereeing decisions + injuries left and right, i just dont think allegri has the right mentality to lead a big team..

id be willing to give him another season considering we might have some big new additions this summer, but it could be a risk as if he doesn't win anything with an even better squad then it was a complete failure. its almost a guarentee with a good team and someone like guardiola as coach that we will win some type of silverware.. we need to stop taking coppa italia as a joke, i was angry with allegris player choice in coppa italia, i know he didnt have much to choose from but he had better options that who he had fielded..
Guys, relax, it's just silly rumors. We will not buy 7-8 players.

Even if a miracle happened and Berlu decided to spend again, substituting half a team at once isn't a smart way of doing it. Wink
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(04-27-2012, 10:26 PM)WCmilan Wrote: .... Allegri doesn't have a big coach mentality, .....

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that statement. The only question is, can he develop the mentality of a big coach. I think that's still up in the air. Personally, I hope Milan gives him one more year.

He's obviously had trouble playing in high pressure games every few days. He's also struggled with old and/or cheap players and injuries - which are not really his fault and I believe these have affected his substitutions.

Also, dealing with Ibra or Berlu is *never* easy. To be honest, Allegri seems to come off as a bit arrogant and I'm sure that doesn't fly well with some of the players.

If the injuries weren't so severe, cassano didn't have heart troubles, robinho didn't go into horrid form, etc.. I'm sure we'd be ahead of Jube.

(04-27-2012, 10:56 PM)fLame Wrote: Guys, relax, it's just silly rumors. We will not buy 7-8 players.

Even if a miracle happened and Berlu decided to spend again, substituting half a team at once isn't a smart way of doing it. Wink

not exactly, In our case i think it is a smart way of doing it, although i do agree with your first statement in it will take a miracle for berlu to actually spend and buy 7 quality players and not 7 average or free players with a couple of them turning out to be good..

why i say it is a smart way is because those 7 or 8 players will come in most likely in place of either useless players we have now such as mesbah or bonera, and replace senators leaving such as zambrotta,yepes,seedorf, possibly ambro, mvb, lopez wont stay, if we do buy him thats pure stupidity, aquilani will be sent back..

so really, buying half a team at once is actually smart, would u rather 7 or 8 players come in and have to be integrated in our system through out the season or have 7 or 8 players that are useless or completely past it that know our system but dont have the legs to preform? Id choose the first option imo.. but u make a good point in berlusconi spending, i dont know nor do i think it will happen.. when he bought ibra/binho that summer lets not forget we let huntelaar/boriello go.. although it was more to fund ibra/binho dont forget ibra is being paid over a few seasons and in addition to selling boriello we really only added a 5 or 10 million ontop to pay robinho, we also sometimes forget that we got boateng very cheap too, he wasn't bought for the 20mln+ he's probably worth now

BTW guys off topic but did you know the year kaka won the golden ball he has the historical record of most points to have won the golden ball.. messi follows in second followed by c.ronaldo