Zlatan Ibrahimovic
so he will be out of contract and when healthy back to milan?
Bit small minded to want Ibra out tbh, I think we still need him as a figure. Perhaps not as a player but he needs to be given a role in Milan somehow somewhere.
Well, I guess he is going to he an off pitch motivator until January.

No different to most of this year.

If Zlatan and management are OK with it, that's fine.
(05-25-2022, 07:28 PM)ACMmike Wrote: Bit small minded to want Ibra out tbh, I think we still need him as a figure. Perhaps not as a player but he needs to be given a role in Milan somehow somewhere.

Yep. need to keep him at the club

(05-25-2022, 11:53 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: Well, I guess he is going to he an off pitch motivator until January.

No different to most of this year.

If Zlatan and management are OK with it, that's fine.

Everyone was pretty clear in saying that he was a huge motivator this season so we need to keep him at the club. offer him an assistant coach/player contract. he can assist Pioli until he is fit and then play a few games if he comes up good. but in the meantime he's learning from Pioli and still working with the team
Good lord, this guy played with a torn ACL for six months. I didn't even know that was humanly possible
So if he is out for 7 months....that practically rules him out this entire year and he won't be able to play until January. This being Ibra, I'm sure he'll do the work to be in optimal conditiom when he gets back...but damn, he'll be 41 at that point and that'll be hard, if not impossible, even for him.

If he does stay in the squad and signs a renewal this summer....surely it'll be for miniscule wages and as it's been said, maybe even based on games played, etc.
7-8 months is just for recovery from the injury itself. He would then also have to work on regaining his conditioning and game day fitness. This being a knee injury, it likely means he would have to spend months without being able to do any kind of conditioning drills since he can't run. If he recovers by Jan, he might not be ready to play at all until Feb at the earliest, assuming no set back, which is also no sure thing for a 41 years old. Next season looks more like a lost season than anything else to me
Regardless of the injury and operation I think Ibrabimovic' main role next season would be that of a motivator off the pitch and in the daily work, like he's done so well this season too. So for that reason I hope he will stay in one role or another and then even as a backup-player if he recovers physically.
If he is such an important figure in the dressing room, he can take up a coaching position on the team. I mean, we already have Bonera and Dida - he would be a great addition to the team. Together with Maldini they can be a living embodiment of Milan DNA.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(05-26-2022, 09:02 PM)Kastriot Wrote: If he is such an important figure in the dressing room, he can take up a coaching position on the team. I mean, we already have Bonera and Dida - he would be a great addition to the team. Together with Maldini they can be a living embodiment of Milan DNA.

100% this!