Matchday 33: Milan - Empoli (Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 15:00 CET)
(04-23-2017, 04:05 PM)xudong Wrote: I don't remember we ever lost to Empoli at San Siro before. Can someone find out if this was our first ever home defeat against them?

So shameful.

This was our 3rd loss in twelve matches at home to Empoli.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/first-te...lan-empoli
1-2 full time. Terrible loss today, the performance was lacking in many ways, but there were too many individual errors that was most costly. The defence was a joke, Calabria good going forward, but not good defensively. However, the CBs were simply a disaster, so many errors it was embarassing.

The midfield wasn't much better, personally my biggest issue was with Sosa. I'm not a fan of Pasalic and while I respect Mati, he's limited. However, I don't understand the insistence on Sosa, as positionally he's terrible, his defensive work is nothing but reckless tackles every so often and going forward he doesn't actually direct the game, which is the role. I don't get why Montella insists with him.

I don't get Pasalic either. He offers more than Kucka going forward, but he's lacking in many technical qualities and defensively he's just not that good. A midfield of Sosa, Pasalic and Mati is just defensively very weak.

Anyway, I mentioned it in the Champions League thread, we don't quite have the quality needed to consistently deliver. On our day, we can beat anyone, but when we're having an off game, we don't have enough (personality or ability) to grind out results.

Today was a massive loss regardless. If Montella, I'd start with Locatelli again, Sosa just doesn't warrant a position ahead of him and I'd bring in Kucka, he's limited but just offers better balance than Pasalic. A midfield of Mati-Locatelli-Kucka is imo possibly the best trio we can go with right now. Maybe Sosa in place of Mati, but they have different qualities and Mati will join the attack better than Sosa.
If Empoli goalkeeper didn't get a 10/10 for this game, I would be surprised. This guy's second half was out of the world. (He probably made a lot of saves in the first half, but they were just easy ones.)
What a disgusting team. They treated the game like it was a friendly in the summer. I mean I can take teams like Munchen passing the ball around with no sense of urgency because they actually can step up the gear when it's needed. But this fucking team who finished 10th and 7th the last two seasons? Seriously?
per l'amaro e il dolce
(04-23-2017, 04:09 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: This was our 3rd loss in twelve matches at home to Empoli.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/first-te...lan-empoli

Thanks.  Okmilan
(04-18-2017, 03:16 AM)edysim Wrote: This team just beat Fio last week, we must focus and not slip here.

I cannot believe it we did it again
I praised Montella for his tactical switches in the derby, and now it's only right to criticize him for his choices against Empoli.

I can not understand why, WHY does Pasalic play every game, all game??? Is there something I'm missing here? Is there something that I just don't see?

Also, Sosa? Locatelli has outplayed him every time he has come on for him in the last few games, yet we see Sosa on the field again and again. I understood the switch from Locatelli to Sosa since Locatelli was not in good form and needed to be protected. But he seems to have found his game again and has shown it each and every time he has come off the bench.

The Ocampos substitution I understand. It was an attacking move. It's just that Ocampos is so terribly bad.

A note on some of the players.....Calabria was really bad defensively. Maccarone made him look like a fool when he came on.

De Sciglio, more or less the same as Calabria. Seems solid from time to time, and than will get embarrassed by an attacker out of nowhere whether it's 1v1 or with simple movement.

CBs? What's there to say. An utter disaster!

I already commented on the midfield.....completely useless. Every single one of them!

This was a great opportunity to get away from Inter and stretch the gap. Instead, we came out with the wrong mentality, which also has to go on Montella. The first 30 minutes we played with no grit! we were passing the ball around like this was a training keep-away exercise! I don't understand what the big deal about possession is! Everyone goes crazy about it, yet we had no real opportunities on goal. Just passive passing and ended up with close to 70% of the possession but no opportunities in the box. Very little direct movement and very slow build ups. No killer instinct and passion by some of the players.

This is also what I was talking about earlier about MDS being the captain. How can you be the captain when you act like a little bitch on the field. I don't think I've ever seen this guy raise his voice at anyone, to urge them on, to pick up the passion, the lead by example. He is like a fuking mime with a numb face out there!
(04-23-2017, 04:09 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: 1-2 full time. Terrible loss today, the performance was lacking in many ways, but there were too many individual errors that was most costly. The defence was a joke, Calabria good going forward, but not good defensively. However, the CBs were simply a disaster, so many errors it was embarassing.

The midfield wasn't much better, personally my biggest issue was with Sosa. I'm not a fan of Pasalic and while I respect Mati, he's limited. However, I don't understand the insistence on Sosa, as positionally he's terrible, his defensive work is nothing but reckless tackles every so often and going forward he doesn't actually direct the game, which is the role. I don't get why Montella insists with him.

I don't get Pasalic either. He offers more than Kucka going forward, but he's lacking in many technical qualities and defensively he's just not that good. A midfield of Sosa, Pasalic and Mati is just defensively very weak.

Anyway, I mentioned it in the Champions League thread, we don't quite have the quality needed to consistently deliver. On our day, we can beat anyone, but when we're having an off game, we don't have enough (personality or ability) to grind out results.

Today was a massive loss regardless. If Montella, I'd start with Locatelli again, Sosa just doesn't warrant a position ahead of him and I'd bring in Kucka, he's limited but just offers better balance than Pasalic. A midfield of Mati-Locatelli-Kucka is imo possibly the best trio we can go with right now. Maybe Sosa in place of Mati, but they have different qualities and Mati will join the attack better than Sosa.

I agree with your assessment over the midfield. I certainly like to see more of Locatelli. 

Now that Montolivo is apparently back, what do you think is going to happen? (not a rhetorical question)
6 Milan 58
7 Inter 56
8 Fiorentina 55
As refreshing as Deulofeu's pace and 1v1 ability has been, the end product is just so bad. We need a player that can do the things Deulofeu does, but also able to finish the moves with more composure rather than "shit himself" when it's time to finish the move.

We truly need a mini revolution if we want to fight for the top spots.