Taye Taiwo
(11-15-2011, 02:55 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote: Espanyol are doing well at the moment, 7th in La Liga, and Didac has started every game so far. I would assume he's been decent there, though I haven't watched too much of La Liga this season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id...ac?cc=5739 His stats according to soccernet.espn.go.com

Sorry didn't see this before. Thanks for the info
(11-20-2011, 11:14 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Sorry didn't see this before. Thanks for the info

Anytime mate. Smile
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/euro...first-team

He's not happy
GeoTav had always warned us of how mediocre he is and I had always agreed with him before hand. He is not a good enough player. He has the strength and shot power, nothing else. The brain is not there, he doesn't understand how to move and where to go on a field.

Must be said though - Abate was like that before and he has turned out to be a very solid player for us. Doesn't mean that everyone could do that though. Certainly doesn't help him that he doesn't speak the language and it's a position that is very sacred to this club.

I'd like all three of our LBs out actually. The only one I'd keep in the squad would be Antonini. I'd like to bring in a world class LB, we need a Dani Alves type of full back. Abate is a super solid FB, never going to be world class but solid, we need a WC fb on the other side I think.

Santon for Taiwo would be a very attractive deal. I don't even mind paying a little more on top. Newcastle got Santon for 5-6m last summer and we got Taiwo for free. Galliani would probably make them pay another 5m on top of Santon to get Taiwo Big Grin but joking aside, I think Santon for the next six months should be a very, very attractive option that we must look into.
(12-12-2011, 02:50 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/euro...first-team

He's not happy

honestly, I don't think he could improve his situation by this interview. we shall see.

Also, I like Hitman's proposal. I don't really think that Santon is necessarily better than Taiwo, but he is only 20, Milan fan, former Merda player Big Grin; perhaps more importantly, I always have this favorable bias towards Italian defenders. I am willing to take the bet. Big Grin
aka xudong
one question: does the departure of Taye Taiwo free up one non-EU spot for Milan this season? if so, I believe that we can buy two non-EU players this winter window right?
aka xudong
(01-22-2012, 08:36 PM)xudong Wrote: one question: does the departure of Taye Taiwo free up one non-EU spot for Milan this season? if so, I believe that we can buy two non-EU players this winter window right?

Indeed.

I want to join in on the world class fullback discussion by making a bold statement: there are no more world class players like a few years ago.. they all aged and became ghosts of achievements past. Right now we have a pretty good mess I and cr7, an amazingly intelligent xavi, but really... if you look at European football today, I am not seeing many stars and not one is shining as bright as ronaldo, ronaldinho, maradonna, Pele or cruijff. really, I just believe football is in a little quality depression so attracting a REAL wc lb is impossible. Dan I Alves is not world class btw .l but he is one. of the better for that position. Wed best train our own youth.
It's now really official, loan to QPR
(12-12-2011, 03:45 PM)Hitman Wrote: GeoTav had always warned us of how mediocre he is and I had always agreed with him before hand. He is not a good enough player. He has the strength and shot power, nothing else. The brain is not there, he doesn't understand how to move and where to go on a field.

Must be said though - Abate was like that before and he has turned out to be a very solid player for us. Doesn't mean that everyone could do that though. Certainly doesn't help him that he doesn't speak the language and it's a position that is very sacred to this club.

I'd like all three of our LBs out actually. The only one I'd keep in the squad would be Antonini. I'd like to bring in a world class LB, we need a Dani Alves type of full back. Abate is a super solid FB, never going to be world class but solid, we need a WC fb on the other side I think.

Santon for Taiwo would be a very attractive deal. I don't even mind paying a little more on top. Newcastle got Santon for 5-6m last summer and we got Taiwo for free. Galliani would probably make them pay another 5m on top of Santon to get Taiwo Big Grin but joking aside, I think Santon for the next six months should be a very, very attractive option that we must look into.

First bold part: I remember myself saying here and there (old forum + chat) that Abate looked like a mad dog running after sausages ... I'm very happy he turned me wrong and made me shut my mouth and now, I have to say that Abate, nowadays, is one of my favourite players in our team ... I'm more confident when he plays, and anyway, I think he is on the road to become a WC RB.

Second blod part: Well, it's the part I disagree ... I think if we can find a solid LB (excellent in defence and good in going forward), with Abate on the other side and guys like Thiago Silva and Nesta, our defence will be simply amazing, and this solid LB will look stronger thanks to the partners. Then, to make him improve the "going forward" and "attacking" parts of his role (same can be said for Abate), it's more about improving our midfield ... I'm quite sure that if tomorrow, a WC midfielder joins us (a guy able to be a leader in midfield thanks to his passes), our fullbacks (even the current ones like Antonini) will be better ...

Best example: Pirlo making here and there some WC performances in Juventus, well, a guy like Lichsteiner looks very strong and it's probably thanks to Pirlo (and the other midfielders). Lichsteiner is nothing more than an average/good RB actually ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !

"He isn't a striker who is going to make darting runs," Taiwo had pointed out to the Daily Mail. "He always wants the ball to feet. So in that sense he is a player who is quite easy to mark."

Wow... no respect.