AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 15:00 The Night of the Champions? - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Games & Tactics (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 15:00 The Night of the Champions? (/showthread.php?tid=86)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 15:00 The Night of the Champions? - Nalx - 04-24-2011

It's been a long time since I opened a thread so here we go guys..

The last two meetings:
Sep 20, 2009 Milan 1-0 Bologna (Seedorf)
Dec 12, 2010 Bologna 0-3 Milan (Boateng, Robinho, Ibra)

Teams News:
Sitting relatively safe from relegation, being five places and five points above the last drop zone, Bologna recent league forms have been awful (LLLLD) with the latest home defeat to Cesena, another relegation contenders.

On the other hand, after being chastised for their lukewarm performances that culminated in the away lose against Palermo, Milan seemed to find their true grit (good movie, highly recommend it. Oops, sorry I digress Grinundwech) and striked four consecutive wins. Be it through dominant display (against Inter) or playing wastefully (against Brescia); with or without Ibra and Pato, Milan shown the character of the champions: they always came up with the full three points. Van Bommel will be suspended and Rino suffered a thigh strain, but Ambrosini had already played last night, while Pato, Nesta, and Pippo will continue to train on Easter in hope to be ready for this game.

That brings us to the moment of truth. Merda will be playing away against Cesena who's still battling against relegation so it's a potential banana skin. If they drop any points (and I'm sure that they will), with a 8-point lead and head-to-head advantage and three games left after this game, this very night, in front of our own tifosi at San Siro, we could be crowned the champions!

So, call off all your appointments guys, bring out all those beer and snacks specially saved for this kinda occasion, cos something tells me that, on the first of May, we'll gonna throw a PAARRTTYYYY!!!

3bandiera 3bandiera 3bandiera

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - ACM2023 - 04-24-2011

I believe that Napoli and Inter both will play on Saturday. Hopefully Merda will drop some points against Cesena before our game even starts! Big Grin

FORZA MILAN!!! 3bandiera3bandiera3bandiera

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - Aficio - 04-24-2011

Good luck, Nalx Big Grin

Forza Milan!!!

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - theaxeofpain - 04-24-2011

Forza Cesena!

Forza Milan! Big Grin
RossoneroRossonero
Smilie_schal6Smilie_schal6
3bandiera3bandiera3bandiera
OleOle

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - Ryo - 04-25-2011

With no Van Bommel and no Gattuso, Ibra suspended and Pato and Nesta both doubts, our best lineup would be something along the lines of:

Abiate
Abate Yepes Thiago Zambrotta
Flamini--Ambrosini--Seedorf
Boateng
Robinho Cassano

I hope Emanuelson and Pirlo get a bit more playing time though, the former because he is actually quite stable when he's on the pitch, and at least faster than Seedorf on the ball running forward, and the later because we all know what he's capable of when he's fit and we'd all love for him to be fit for the Coppa Italia matches Sagrin. That said, if we do get the goals and are crowned this match, I would also want to see the kids on the pitch for the last three games, even if its against Roma and Udinese. Big games will help the kids to learn more and much faster.

That said, nothing has been decided just yet. But we are still in it for the Double, so we best keep our act together! Forza Milan!

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - ElMago99 - 04-25-2011

What's the story with Merkel????

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - theaxeofpain - 04-25-2011

Until we win the Scudetto, the young players have to wait a bit I'm afraid.

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - Gio-mania - 04-25-2011

Hopefully we can secure victory already this weekend, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to postpone it. I'm not so sure Inter will drop points against Cesena. In any case we should manage to get at least a point against Roma, so we should get the Scudetto then. After that we can let the youngsters have fun.

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - idowu - 04-25-2011

(04-25-2011, 04:16 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: Hopefully we can secure victory already this weekend, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to postpone it. I'm not so sure Inter will drop points against Cesena. In any case we should manage to get at least a point against Roma, so we should get the Scudetto then. After that we can let the youngsters have fun.

Nobody expected inter to loose against parma but they did so who said they can't loose again. let's not forget that all this relegation battled teams has a lot to loose so they will play more agressive just to at least earn a point that's why i was very afraid watching the brescia but thankfully we won.

For the roma match i wouldn't want us to loose or even draw so we can have a bragging rights over them.

RE: Milan - Bologna 5/1 2011 8.00 PM The Night of the Champions? - Gio-mania - 04-25-2011

Well of course there is a chance that Inter drop some points, but if I would still say it is more likely they get all 3 points than not.

Actually when I think about it, we lost to Roma last so it would suck to not have beat them during our Scudetto year. But it's good to know a draw is enough, considering they can be a tough match (when they get their heads together, once every 10 games).