AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Massimiliano Allegri - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Massimiliano Allegri (/showthread.php?tid=7)

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - Mystik - 12-05-2011

Are you saying that because there aren't many articles about Milan? Or did you actually read something negative that they said.

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ACM2023 - 12-05-2011

(12-05-2011, 07:36 AM)mzk57 Wrote: I can see Allegri on his way of making another great AC Milan era, which can be compared to the AC Milan teams of 1888-1995 & 2002-2007. I really like his cool personality & tactics. Its just that individual performances are letting AC Milan down like Robinho misses, unavailability of genuine ACM, a Javier Zanetti type of fullback & world class backup to Nesta etc.

If AC Milan can some how get both De Rossi & Montilavo fr free next summer, which would be the deal of the decade by the way, AC Milan will have the best physical midfield of the world. Imagine this
Aqulani De Rossi Nocerino
Boateng

Backups: Flamini & Montilavo

If AC Milan can renew Nesta's contact till 2013 & get a player close to the likes of Kaka, Sniejder, Robben etc, than Allegri era would really blossom & don't be surprised to see AC Milan becoming the European Champs for the 8th time soon, very soon.

Having said that, Allegri really pisses me off when he put Ambrosini, MVB & Seedorf ahead of Aqualni, Boateng & Nocerino.

Your post probably belongs to the transfer thread or dream transfer thread, but I agree with what you said here. Particularly the part regarding the midfield, that looks so delicious! Okmilan

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ACMILAN1983 - 12-06-2011

(12-05-2011, 07:07 PM)Mystik Wrote: Are you saying that because there aren't many articles about Milan? Or did you actually read something negative that they said.

It's not because there aren't many articles about Milan, but I get the impression from Michael Cox (the writer at zonal marking) that he wasn't particularly keen on Italian football last season when he wrote a couple of times about the general tactics being used in Italy (we were at the forefront of the system discussed). This said, Napoli's and Udinese's rise in Italy definitely caught his eye and he seems pretty interested in their systems, but generally I never got a particularly positive feeling from him about Milan.

Don't get me wrong though, I rate the site very highly and I don't there's any sort of bias against Milan (he wrote very interesting things about Ancelotti's Milan), just I don't think Allegri's Milan have captured his interest much yet. That said, Allegri's Milan is transforming into a really interesting team, and it's getting it's own clear identity now, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're right and he does write more about us.

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ElMago99 - 12-11-2011

Across the forums and the news-sites, newspapers, etc., many many many think Allegri makes poor decisions with who he plays and his substitutions.

In a way he's done a good job, winning the Scudetto after many years, and sometimes we play some really good football, but sometimes I think he's really doing NOTHING special. The players seem to like him, but his decisions are often mind-boggling.

Allegri has a real hard-on for Bonera, who is the first to come on often over Yepes and Mexes. Everyone knows Bonera is a mistake waiting to happen, yet he CONTINUES to bring him on all of the time. Yepes even said that he was fine against Bologna, and Allegri still subbed him. Yepes looked shocked and pissed.

Also, this continual use of Antonini as LB (ok, there aren't many options there), and using Urby Emmanuelson in the ACM position is very strange. He's not willing to use SES, but he seems to really like Seedorf, Urby, and Ambro, despite their many poor performances over this season.

Gattuso & Flamini have been injured, but even still Allegri is awkward with his tactics and substitutions. Yes, I do believe we need to buy at least 2 new midfielders, but Allegri looks very unsure of his moves, and often the team does not look better after them.

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ACM2023 - 12-11-2011

(12-11-2011, 05:17 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Across the forums and the news-sites, newspapers, etc., many many many think Allegri makes poor decisions with who he plays and his substitutions.

In a way he's done a good job, winning the Scudetto after many years, and sometimes we play some really good football, but sometimes I think he's really doing NOTHING special. The players seem to like him, but his decisions are often mind-boggling.

Allegri has a real hard-on for Bonera, who is the first to come on often over Yepes and Mexes. Everyone knows Bonera is a mistake waiting to happen, yet he CONTINUES to bring him on all of the time. Yepes even said that he was fine against Bologna, and Allegri still subbed him. Yepes looked shocked and pissed.

Also, this continual use of Antonini as LB (ok, there aren't many options there), and using Urby Emmanuelson in the ACM position is very strange. He's not willing to use SES, but he seems to really like Seedorf, Urby, and Ambro, despite their many poor performances over this season.

Gattuso & Flamini have been injured, but even still Allegri is awkward with his tactics and substitutions. Yes, I do believe we need to buy at least 2 new midfielders, but Allegri looks very unsure of his moves, and often the team does not look better after them.

I do agree with you to the extent that his substitutions at times look strange, such as Urby, Antonini, or Bonera, but how did you get all the inside information on Yepes/Bonera incident today?

LOL Icon_lol2 at the bolded part. Stop assuming. Big Grin

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ElMago99 - 12-11-2011

(12-11-2011, 05:25 PM)xudong Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 05:17 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Across the forums and the news-sites, newspapers, etc., many many many think Allegri makes poor decisions with who he plays and his substitutions.

I do agree with you to the extent that his substitutions at times look strange, such as Urby, Antonini, or Bonera, but how did you get all the inside information on Yepes/Bonera incident today?

In America, the Camera man showed Yepes infuriated at coming off and by lip-reading of italian I heard " Che Cazzo successo?" which means " What the fuck Happened?" As he's coming off. I don't have inside info, just a lucky camera-angle I guess.

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ACMILAN1983 - 12-11-2011

I wouldn't read too much into the Yepes incident, he did seem to be slightly hobbling and was generally looking awkward. The Urby sub made sense to me too. I personally thought Seedorf was horrible today besides his goal, his slow movement and constant lack of cover in midfield was part of the reason we were getting dominated. Urby's not a great player, but in his short time he did more work for the team than Seedorf did all match.

If I was to consider a fault in Allegri's set up today, it was playing a 3 man midfield which was technically very high but physically incapable of competing against Bologna.

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ACM2023 - 12-12-2011

(12-11-2011, 06:06 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 05:25 PM)xudong Wrote: I do agree with you to the extent that his substitutions at times look strange, such as Urby, Antonini, or Bonera, but how did you get all the inside information on Yepes/Bonera incident today?

In America, the Camera man showed Yepes infuriated at coming off and by lip-reading of italian I heard " Che Cazzo successo?" which means " What the fuck Happened?" As he's coming off. I don't have inside info, just a lucky camera-angle I guess.

In that case, OK then. Smile I watched ESPN3, but didn't catch that. I saw Yepes looking upset, but Allegri subbed him off probably just to protect him anyway. The fact that Allegri started Yepes instead of Bonera already speaks clearly that he values the former more than the latter.

It still baffles me that Bologna had this much energy. Today I was expecting a dead tired side after their bloody fight with Juventus only this thursday. Were they on drugs or something? Icon_lol2

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - ElMago99 - 12-12-2011

All I'm saying:

Daniele Bonera
Serie A:
4 Games Started
1 Games Substitute
UCL:
2 Games Started
2 Games Substitute

Mario Yepes:
Serie A:
4 Games Started
1 Games Substitute
UCL:
0 Games

Philippe Mexes:
Serie A:
1 Game Substitute
UCL:
1 Game Started
1 Game Substitute

It seems Allegri likes Bonera the most of the 3, which is just one of many reasons I'm not crazy about Allegri.

RE: Sack Allegri!!!!!!` - GeoTav - 12-12-2011

(12-12-2011, 03:05 AM)ElMago99 Wrote: All I'm saying:

Daniele Bonera
Serie A:
4 Games Started
1 Games Substitute
UCL:
2 Games Started
2 Games Substitute

Mario Yepes:
Serie A:
4 Games Started
1 Games Substitute
UCL:
0 Games

Philippe Mexes:
Serie A:
1 Game Substitute
UCL:
1 Game Started
1 Game Substitute

It seems Allegri likes Bonera the most of the 3, which is just one of many reasons I'm not crazy about Allegri.

Mexes was injured for almost all this season, when he came back from his injury, he just injured himself again ... You can't expect him to play regularly before January.

About Bonera, I think he must be a hard worker and a professional player, because all Milan coaches have given him many chances (Ancelotti, Leonardo, Allegri). The fact that Yepes is now prefered to Bonera and that there were rumours about Bonera leaving probably means that Allegri doesn't believe in him anymore ...